So, how bad is Hulk and Dueling Dragons?

The last time I was at IOA was in the 6th grade. I was terrified of ALLLL Coasters. However, I got on Hulk and Dragons and though they were fabulous. I think you will be fine.

We went on both the Fire and Ice sides on DD 2 weeks ago. We were in the second or third row for each. Those "near misses" were by far the most intense part of the ride for me!! Loved the ride. I did feel like my head banged around more the Ice side.

Sadly, we weren't able to go on Hulk. On the day we went, it was closed from park opening until 3:30. On our way out of the park at 4:00 we were planning on riding it. Just as we were walking to line up, the cars got stuck on the track! We looked back 30 minutes later from City Walk....and the cars were still stuck....those poor people...all night we wondered how long they were stuck.

If it was 30 minutes after you saw the train get stuck on the block brake (I'm assuming that's where it was, because that's the only place the train can stop that is easily visible to park guests) then it was probably just the train, and the guests had already been brought off the ride.

I LOVE coasters, however after riding the Hulk, I may be cured for life now. However I did ride it after about a hour after having breakfast. Needless to say, I was the same color as the ride when I was done. Gives me shivers thinking about it. But hey, you have to try everything atleast once right?

:sick:

I LOVE coasters, however after riding the Hulk, I may be cured for life now. However I did ride it after about a hour after having breakfast. Needless to say, I was the same color as the ride when I was done. Gives me shivers thinking about it. But hey, you have to try everything atleast once right?

:sick:

The Hulk didn't make me sick.BUT its like getting your butt shot out of a cannon without no helmet:eek:..But I LOVE IT..

DD is a walk in the park compared!!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem with a Hulk, but DD gets me EVERY TIME!! I have to be parked by a tree for awhile - ussually DH goes and rides it again while I recover.

That being said I still ride it at least once when I am there. Maybe twice gotta do both sides - just a big rest between.

The Hulk and Dragons will spin and twist you into oblivian. But, they are fun! Just my 2 cents.

I don't find either makes me ill at all, it only does if I re-ride multiple times in a row (which I avoid).

I find The Mummy more intense than Hulk & DD, maybe because of the darkness and the sounds.
Have been to Orlando twice, the first time (2006) I was terrified of roller coasters but at the same time was dying to go on one. Eventually on the second last day of our 2 weeks we were in Seaworld at the entrance to The Kracken, I blanked my mind and just walked through the point of no return with my son. There was not much of a que so next we're straped in then the floor disappears and we're off (thinking will they let me off if I shout loud enough).
To cut a long story shor......to late, I loved it and went straight back on for another go, if only I did that at the start of the holiday.
Next hol (2008), first day , went to IOA through the entrance straight on to the Hulk front row and never looked back.
DD front row is a must for the " near miss."

Sorry for the long winded story.

I'm bummed by 7 yr. old won't make the height requirements for Dragons or Hulk. I'm sure my 9 yr. old won't want to miss them though. Any estimation of how much time I will have to kill while hubby & son ride both sides of dragons + Hulk?

I'm bummed by 7 yr. old won't make the height requirements for Dragons or Hulk. I'm sure my 9 yr. old won't want to miss them though. Any estimation of how much time I will have to kill while hubby & son ride both sides of dragons + Hulk?

It really depends on when you go. Each ride in itself is only around 3 mins (or slightly more) long including the strapping in. So just add that to the wait time.

I read through the responces and didn't see this in any answer. It all depends on where you sit. If you are affraid of the lift don't sit in the front. You sit in the front for the view (dragons coaster is the best in the front with the near misses). The back of the coaster pulls more G's. That means a more intense ride when you sit in the back. If you are unsure if you can handle the coaster sit in the middle of the train. You will get a much smoother ride.

Also WDW does not have any hanging coasters the huld and Dragon are both hanging (meaning the track is above you and your feet dangle). This can be a little scary if you havn't been on one of these coasters before. Hope this helps

Also WDW does not have any hanging coasters the huld and Dragon are both hanging (meaning the track is above you and your feet dangle). This can be a little scary if you havn't been on one of these coasters before. Hope this helps

If you mean Hulk, Hulk is NOT an inverted coaster. There is a floor beneath your seat. ;)

Ok- you guys have me convinced to go on the Hulk tonight (gulp). How does the launch compare to RnRC in the Studios?

Ok- you guys have me convinced to go on the Hulk tonight (gulp). How does the launch compare to RnRC in the Studios?

It's different because on RnRC, you go from stopped to shot out, but on Hulk, you're moving slowly up the ramp and then you're suddenly shot out. They're not dissimilar as far as feel though. You just go upside down more immediately on Hulk.

I personally think that both those rides are amazing! I'm with you, I loveeee :love: loops and inversions but hate long steep drops. That's why I love Hulk and Dueling Dragons! :lmao: Out of the two I think dueling dragons drop is more intense, while the hulk's super fast start is also intense. So they pretty much even each other out. I would never go on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.:sad2: Just seeing it or even thinking about it gives me the shivers. I hope you ride Hulk and DD!:cheer2:

Wow, I had no idea this thread that I started was still going on, but now that I see it here, I'll report on my experiences with Hulk and Dragon Challenge. :thumbsup2

The Hulk was great! I was suprised that it launches you so quick, meaning you are not sitting there waiting for a bit wondering when the launch is coming. Once you enter the tunnel, you're off! It was pure fun and none of the drops were scary at all (and I hate drops). Because you are going so fast, and because you enter the drops at weird angles, you just don't experience that "bottom-just-dropped-out-of-my-tummy" feeling. FUN FUN FUN! In addition, it was my 11 year old son's very first time riding a coaster that goes upsidedown. He loved it and was non-stoppable after that when it came to riding coasters. I think he rode every coaster that day at IOA and US at least 3 times. :yay:

I ended up liking Dragon Challenge a little more than the Hulk (although everyone else in my family liked the Hulk better). This was the first suspended coaster that I (or any of us) had ever been on, and for me at least, I felt like I was flying free as a bird. I loved that feeling! However, the rest of my family didn't like that insecure feeling quite as much as me. With the exception of my sis-in-law, who claims she will never ride DC again, everyone else rode it multiple times.....except me. I could only ride it one time, even though I was the one who loved it the most. When I came off, I felt a little dizzy. The guys in our family got right back in line to ride the other side, but I knew if I did that, I may regret it. So instead I decided to chock it up to one of my favorite rides that I can only ride once a day. That's okay though. Great things can be like that. :thumbsup2

By the way, my sis-in-law, who claimed that she would never ride Dragon Challenge again, LOVED the Hulk. She rode that over and over again. She simply could not handle that "free" or in her words "insecure" feeling from riding on a suspended coaster with nothing underneath you. Funny, because that's what I loved most about it. :goodvibes

Okay, now confession time: I, nor none of the other adults in our family, would ride Rip-Ride-Rocket. :rolleyes1

No way will I ever ride it....ever. That climb freaks me out watching it from the ground, let alone if I was on it. I hate climbs and drops anyway, but that one is just too extreme. All the kids loved it though! They rode it over and over and over again, and then we would watch their ride videos and laugh and laugh. So even though us chicken adults wouldn't ride it, we still had a great time with the kids there. :thumbsup2

Plus, at least I wasn't the only chicken. It's was nice to be able to spread out the whimpyness amoung us rather than have it squarely on one person's shoulders....we couldn't razz each other this way. :laughing:

Wow, I had no idea this thread that I started was still going on, but now that I see it here, I'll report on my experiences with Hulk and Dragon Challenge. :thumbsup2

The Hulk was great! I was suprised that it launches you so quick, meaning you are not sitting there waiting for a bit wondering when the launch is coming. Once you enter the tunnel, you're off! It was pure fun and none of the drops were scary at all (and I hate drops). Because you are going so fast, and because you enter the drops at weird angles, you just don't experience that "bottom-just-dropped-out-of-my-tummy" feeling. FUN FUN FUN! In addition, it was my 11 year old son's very first time riding a coaster that goes upsidedown. He loved it and was non-stoppable after that when it came to riding coasters. I think he rode every coaster that day at IOA and US at least 3 times. :yay:

I ended up liking Dragon Challenge a little more than the Hulk (although everyone else in my family liked the Hulk better). This was the first suspended coaster that I (or any of us) had ever been on, and for me at least, I felt like I was flying free as a bird. I loved that feeling! However, the rest of my family didn't like that insecure feeling quite as much as me. With the exception of my sis-in-law, who claims she will never ride DC again, everyone else rode it multiple times.....except me. I could only ride it one time, even though I was the one who loved it the most. When I came off, I felt a little dizzy. The guys in our family got right back in line to ride the other side, but I knew if I did that, I may regret it. So instead I decided to chock it up to one of my favorite rides that I can only ride once a day. That's okay though. Great things can be like that. :thumbsup2

By the way, my sis-in-law, who claimed that she would never ride Dragon Challenge again, LOVED the Hulk. She rode that over and over again. She simply could not handle that "free" or in her words "insecure" feeling from riding on a suspended coaster with nothing underneath you. Funny, because that's what I loved most about it. :goodvibes

Okay, now confession time: I, nor none of the other adults in our family, would ride Rip-Ride-Rocket. :rolleyes1

No way will I ever ride it....ever. That climb freaks me out watching it from the ground, let alone if I was on it. I hate climbs and drops anyway, but that one is just too extreme. All the kids loved it though! They rode it over and over and over again, and then we would watch their ride videos and laugh and laugh. So even though us chicken adults wouldn't ride it, we still had a great time with the kids there. :thumbsup2

Plus, at least I wasn't the only chicken. It's was nice to be able to spread out the whimpyness amoung us rather than have it squarely on one person's shoulders....we couldn't razz each other this way. :laughing:

Hello! I would like to know your experience, in detail, when you rode the Hulk. From launch to finish...

I identify with you because, with me, it happens exactly the same with drops. I can handle the drops in Jurassic Park, Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Duddley Do Right Ripsaw Falls, Space Mountain, Revenge of the Mummy, etc. I rode Dragon Challenge on April and I loved it. It was my favorite attraction. I'm afraid of riding Hulk because of the drops and those giant loops that end with drops. Also the launch part terrifies me.

Hope you can help me sharing your experience with me. :)

Hello! I would like to know your experience, in detail, when you rode the Hulk. From launch to finish...

I identify with you because, with me, it happens exactly the same with drops. I can handle the drops in Jurassic Park, Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Duddley Do Right Ripsaw Falls, Space Mountain, Revenge of the Mummy, etc. I rode Dragon Challenge on April and I loved it. It was my favorite attraction. I'm afraid of riding Hulk because of the drops and those giant loops that end with drops. Also the launch part terrifies me.

Hope you can help me sharing your experience with me. :)

The last post in here was from 2011. Hulk has been redone now (and dragon challenge is gone). I recommend finding some newer posts about Hulk it to just post a brand new thread with your question about Hulk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter