So Mickeys Halloween Party is now starting even earlier in August this year

I admit that this change made me push my planned Disney trip out another year...MK is on my #1 thing to hit for the kid who hasn't yet, and my August planned vacay dates were gonna make a pleasant day there impossible with all the parties (and I already have the 1 any day MK tickets)...so to NYC I go, and to my Disney rewards card go all my expiring points to wait another year. My sis (in FL) suggested I try for Xmas 2021 time period (before or after), and honestly, it's not the worst idea b/c I can get my one day in...and then see another park (and the fam who will be off, which they won't be in August, thanks to early FL start dates, so we can have more time)...also helps that the FL fam is coming up for a funeral, so they get visited this year, or I'd have probably still bitten the bullet...

I admit that this change made me push my planned Disney trip out another year...MK is on my #1 thing to hit for the kid who hasn't yet, and my August planned vacay dates were gonna make a pleasant day there impossible with all the parties (and I already have the 1 any day MK tickets)...so to NYC I go, and to my Disney rewards card go all my expiring points to wait another year. My sis (in FL) suggested I try for Xmas 2021 time period (before or after), and honestly, it's not the worst idea b/c I can get my one day in...and then see another park (and the fam who will be off, which they won't be in August, thanks to early FL start dates, so we can have more time)...also helps that the FL fam is coming up for a funeral, so they get visited this year, or I'd have probably still bitten the bullet...
We let our APs expire in September. So much new things going on we have decided to go back in 2022. We hope it will be like a whole new park then. Going to grab some UOAPs and other things for the next couple of years. Plus it will give us that feeling you get when you haven't been it a while. You lose that with APs sometimes.

We only go to Orlando during the Halloween season for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal but start our vacation at WDW for a week or so. In 8 days, MK was open at night 3 times. Adding August further reduces the time any visitor can experience MK at night at all. Whenever Disney removes experiences from guests that used to be included in admission, the are GREEDY.

We only go to Orlando during the Halloween season for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal but start our vacation at WDW for a week or so. In 8 days, MK was open at night 3 times. Adding August further reduces the time any visitor can experience MK at night at all. Whenever Disney removes experiences from guests that used to be included in admission, the are GREEDY.

Not only are they removing experience that used to be included, they're not adjusting the price any either on those days - even though you're getting 3-4 hours less.

What I can't figure out is why the vast difference between DL and DW - DL includes all their Christmas stuff for free. While they do sell tickets to a Halloween party, they still offer more to the regular guests included than DW does, including the meet and greets. Why is there so much difference between how the two parks are run?

What I can't figure out is why the vast difference between DL and DW - DL includes all their Christmas stuff for free. While they do sell tickets to a Halloween party, they still offer more to the regular guests included than DW does, including the meet and greets. Why is there so much difference between how the two parks are run?

Four parks at DW versus two parks at DL.

I would imagine it’s much easier to take things away from guests at MK in DW because guests have 3 other parks to go to.

My kid would love to see Halloween at Disney but never wants to miss school for a trip. Yes it seems early but we plan to take advantage this year and go before our school year starts!

I've gone to Villians & MVMCP and both were worth the money. Even this past Christmas Party-Dec. 22nd it rained and it was just fine for us. For our family we'd rather do this than the things like the dessert parties.

We just don't use a regular park ticket on those days and enjoy the resorts-

But ya Disney-you are starting to price people out......

They are now starting mid-August, which is ridiculous. The date has been creeping back and back the last three years.

I’m happy about it. :)

Anyways, there’s nothing confirmed about this year yet.
I see the early closings in August as placeholders at the moment. Yes, they probably will start them that early, but hours can and do change, so anything’s possible.

No. Lol.
We’ve been going once or twice a year since 2013, so I guess some time before then?

Yeah, more like 2010, even just those FEW short years earlier the parties were way less crowded and absolutely more fun. It’s a mob scene now. We didn’t go this past year (2019) for the first time in YEARS. It WAS our family tradition but after the heat and the lines and the crowds in 2018, I just decided we were going to take a break from them!!

Sounds like MAH would be a better time.....

WDW knows many K-12 schools around the US start in mid August, hence the first date must be ahead of school start. I imagine the following:

Iger: We must shift MNSSHP earlier to capture more revenue so we beat analysts' concensus earning per share.
His #2: Sir, with all due respect I don't think park visitors will like Halloween in mid August heat.
Iger: I find your lack of faith disturbing (force chokes #2). Joe, you are now in charge of this project. Make it happen.
Joe the new #2: (shakily) Yes Sir!

We are going on a DCL cruise Aug 15-22 and I’m considering getting tickets to a Halloween party (either Aug 13th if rumour is true or Aug 23) using reward points (Airmiles). No plans on going to the parks otherwise and we will probably stay offsite to keep expenses low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter