So Mickeys Halloween Party is now starting even earlier in August this year

We are going on a DCL cruise Aug 15-22 and I’m considering getting tickets to a Halloween party (either Aug 13th if rumour is true or Aug 23) using reward points (Airmiles). No plans on going to the parks otherwise and we will probably stay offsite to keep expenses low.
You can use Airmiles reward points to buy Halloween tickets?

Yes if you’re Onyx the personal shopper can buy them for you. Other people on the Airmiles thread in the Canadian forum got some last year. I think they ‘paid’ 14AM/1$.
Thanks for the info.!
I’m a gold collector, I’ve never even heard of Onyx, but I’m off to research.

Thanks for the info.!
I’m a gold collector, I’ve never even heard of Onyx, but I’m off to research.

Come join us in the Canadian forum. That's how I finally became Onyx (6000AM+/year). I use my Airmiles to buy all my WDW and DLR tickets and I'm planning on using them to pay for our onsite stay in 2022 using their reservation system.

Come join us in the Canadian forum. That's how I finally became Onyx (6000AM+/year). I use my Airmiles to buy all my WDW and DLR tickets and I'm planning on using them to pay for our onsite stay in 2022 using their reservation system.
I will check out that thread. Thanks! I’m going to have to up my game. I only earned 4400 Airmiles last year. I buy my Universal tickets with my Airmiles, but I’d love to buy Halloween tickets with them!

August 13. Can you say GREED. Whats next Mickeys Xmas party being held throughout January. How about coming up with a new(even bring bad old ) night time parade 1st.

Seems extreme but the demand for tickets is huge. If Disney didn’t start the parties earlier, than they may increase attendence for Sep and October. It’s difficult enough to enjoy the rides, trick or treat, watch the shows etc in October.

Personally I'd like to see them expand their holiday offerings a bit more. As others said do a summer party, or if they want to save money and use existing stuff a few special nights with a Chirstmas in July event could be fun. But for Halloween, instead of adding more MNSSHP I'd rather see them add a second event at Hollywood Studios aimed for a more teen crowd. Not necesarrily trying to compete with HHN but have some haunted houses and stuff and could do a lot of cool stuff with Tower of Terror for it and have more actors in there and do with the staff what they do at Haunted Mansion.

August 13. Can you say GREED. Whats next Mickeys Xmas party being held throughout January. How about coming up with a new(even bring bad old ) night time parade 1st.

Brutal, we were there last August, and it was SUCH a buzz kill to have MK decked out in Fall / Halloween crap in the middle of August.

Personally I'd like to see them expand their holiday offerings a bit more. As others said do a summer party, or if they want to save money and use existing stuff a few special nights with a Chirstmas in July event could be fun. But for Halloween, instead of adding more MNSSHP I'd rather see them add a second event at Hollywood Studios aimed for a more teen crowd. Not necesarrily trying to compete with HHN but have some haunted houses and stuff and could do a lot of cool stuff with Tower of Terror for it and have more actors in there and do with the staff what they do at Haunted Mansion.

Why not add like, Summer "Beach Party" at MK or "Summer Camp Spectacular" or something like that ... like ... tons of options to run a party in Aug, even July and not have people who are still clinging to their summer vacations be made to feel like its fall already ...

They should just do a summer theme- "best friends beach bash" or something. Characters in bathing suits or whatever. lol.

Why not add like, Summer "Beach Party" at MK or "Summer Camp Spectacular" or something like that ... like ... tons of options to run a party in Aug, even July and not have people who are still clinging to their summer vacations be made to feel like its fall already ...
That would cost them more $$$. Decorating the parks. Maybe costumes needed. Taking decorations down. Putting up the a hallowe’en ones. They make a bundle this way for very little effort or outlay.

That would cost them more $$$. Decorating the parks. Maybe costumes needed. Taking decorations down. Putting up the a hallowe’en ones. They make a bundle this way for very little effort or outlay.

I mean, of course you are correct, but ... for instance I'm kind of put off booking an Aug trip this year because of last year (the decorations, and the several nights MK was closed early). So, I might not be going. Mind you, if instead of a FALL themed party in Aug, it was summer themed, I'm sure I'd be a lot more thirsty to book again. Of course, maybe they have done the math and I am in the minority here, but I've seen the same thing repeated by countless people on various forums, blogs, etc.

So, there might be some initial start up cost, but if they were selling this party from June through Aug ... I'm sure they'd more then recoup.

I mean, of course you are correct, but ... for instance I'm kind of put off booking an Aug trip this year because of last year (the decorations, and the several nights MK was closed early). So, I might not be going. Mind you, if instead of a FALL themed party in Aug, it was summer themed, I'm sure I'd be a lot more thirsty to book again. Of course, maybe they have done the math and I am in the minority here, but I've seen the same thing repeated by countless people on various forums, blogs, etc.

So, there might be some initial start up cost, but if they were selling this party from June through Aug ... I'm sure they'd more then recoup.
I think they’re making more off of the parties than they are losing to those who dislike shortened hours. I’m sure they’ve run the numbers.

We tend to be early risers and are not in the parks late, so either way it doesn’t really impact us. I can see why others are not in favour of early closures for hard ticket events, especially in Aug when the temps mid-day are unbearable. We go late Aug, but really only spend 2-3 hrs in a park each day. Otherwise I get heat related cranky :furious:

They’d end up ticking off even more people with those 6pm closings multiple times per week in June and July. Still. Anything’s possible.

Lol - maybe they will start it in July next year - or Christmas in July? Seriously though why not just do a different party over the summer? I’m sure people will pay for a summer bash in August...
I legitimately thought to myself today driving into work "why doesn't Disney do a Christmas in July" event or something? It would be cute and fun! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter