So Mickeys Halloween Party is now starting even earlier in August this year

I fail to see why anyone would be in the mood to celebrate Halloween and Trick or Treat in AUGUST?!?!?!?!?!?! :confused3

I’m a goth. Every day is Halloween.

Anyway people aghast at “who pays for these things anyway” should bear in mind that not every guest has to pay for four and five people. I see this a lot in threads about upcharge events in general, and I don’t think people who only go with their families realize how much cheaper a Disney trip is the less people you have. We do these extras on our trips because it’s easy to justify them with only two people, and we enjoy them. My only beef with the parties is that it makes hopping from another park frustrating due to MK closing early so much.

I’m a goth. Every day is Halloween.

I love this energy and would happily take Halloween all year EXCEPT for the fact that constantly increasing the number of parties (Halloween, Christmas, whatever) means that there are more and more days where the park is closing early and having a day ticket is worth much less those days. That really starts cutting into the overall value of visiting MK and WDW in general.

Lol - maybe they will start it in July next year - or Christmas in July? Seriously though why not just do a different party over the summer? I’m sure people will pay for a summer bash in August...
I would LOVE Christmas in July! 🤣

I'm not sure if I'm right, but weren't the generic after hours events new this year? I was tracking wait times leading up to our one day visit before the halloween parties started and noticed very low wait times during these after hours events. It seems to me that one of two things will happen. Either the word will get out and more people will pay to attend, leading to increased wait times and crowds, or disney will stop having them.

It was really a pain trying to get one day at MK this fall, due to the party schedule. The day we went was very crowded because it was one of the few non-party days. We still enjoyed ourselves but we really had to work at it.

Ooh how did I miss a dedicated opportunity to rant about hard ticket events?

I think these are to the detriment of all guests, including those who love the parties. Because even party guests (mostly) aren't attending all types of events. Every year we're creeping closer and closer to the concept of morning, afternoon, and night tickets at MK. There has been an explosion in early morning events, late afternoon/evening events (the parties), and after hours events, all while seeing lower regular operating hours in years past. Disney has way less motivation to plus the evening entertainment on those regular nights, because they know people will pay a premium for them. A hefty, hefty premium. I don't even blame them for not having a night parade anymore (let alone one that runs twice a night), since for a good chunk of the year they are running a parade at night, and charging $$$ per head to watch it.

If I don't like the parties, I can not go during party season, of course. This doesn't solve the problem that the parties take up nearly half the year at this point, with after hour events sprinkled throughout the other half, leaving little opportunity for hours to to be extended to what used to be the norm in years past. And don't even get me started on what a zoo MK is on non party nights.

If I don't like the parties, I can not go during party season, of course. This doesn't solve the problem that the parties take up nearly half the year at this point, with after hour events sprinkled throughout the other half, leaving little opportunity for hours to to be extended to what used to be the norm in years past. And don't even get me started on what a zoo MK is on non party nights.

We have been to WDW 4 times in the last 4 years. The first one was in January. The last 3 were during Christmas party season. I honestly miss just having regular MK like we had in January on our first trip. The later part of the year is the best time for us to go, but I hate that I can never go then and have MK be normal. 🙁

Why don’t they move some parties to the other parks? I know they already have F and W at Epcot but that doesn’t close the park to regular guests

Magic Kingdom is the most popular park by a large margin and therefore the one with the most in incentive to get people to spend $$$.

Extra time in MK? Here’s our wallets! Sign us up!

Extra time in DHS? No. Thanks but it’s a half day park anyway why pay?

Magic Kingdom is the most popular park by a large margin and therefore the one with the most in incentive to get people to spend $$$.

That was my thought though. Get people into those parks and get more money out of them. And leave mk open to people to continue eating and buying.

I actually think DHS could be a fun place for a Halloween Party. All new IPs to involve over there. Mind you they'd need to let Galaxy's Edge age a bit before they start consistently closing DHS down early.

Maybe Disney can just have year round separate ticket partys. Can have Xmas party from Early November through mid January. Then Valentines party Through feburary. Then the Easter party from March through April. Have an Independece party from May till August (maybe bring Electric parade back for that as the finale is salute to America) and then Have the Hallowen party from August till Nov 1. Maybe that would satisify their greed and keep costs level. (id say still but the price always goes up regardless)

The part I find most annoying is that with the party's it's not "Extra" time at the parks. Rather I'm paying "Extra" for time I would have had at the park for them to throw in a few additional things.
Parkgoers lose that time they would have had in the park if it hadn't closed early for the party....
Briliiant way to milk more profits really. Don't think they reduce the price of the one day park ticket for that day do they??

The part I find most annoying is that with the party's it's not "Extra" time at the parks. Rather I'm paying "Extra" for time I would have had at the park for them to throw in a few additional things.
Parkgoers lose that time they would have had in the park if it hadn't closed early for the party....
Briliiant way to milk more profits really. Don't think they reduce the price of the one day park ticket for that day do they??
No they most certainly do not. However they did start offering midday magic or whatever they call it for entry after 12. Not sure if that is related to the early closures or not. So complicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter