• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So much Disney food is terrible

Honestly, it is about logistics. You have 160,000 visitors to Parks on every day. How reasonable is it to expect ready to eat food prepared quickly. And to price it reasonably. My local BBQ joint, smokes their hamburger patties and their meat is never frozen. Of course its delicious and made when you order it and its more expensive. Imagine having to do that on the scale that Disney does? Unless you want people waiting 30 minutes after ordering and complaining about paying 40 percent more than they do now, I think folks are dreaming that Disney does this..
Except WDW does have a smokehouse. It is over at Wilderness Lodge. I think all 3 eateries there serve meat that is smoked. the smoked turkey sandwich at Roaring forks is one of the better QS options at WDW, IMO. Now, where it could be better is if they had more sides. There's also the Polite Pig in Disney Springs.

Disney made a choice some years back to streamline and cut costs. There's no reason they can't reverse that choice.

If AK can have Satuli, then why can't WDW update the QS options in MK? I mean, they already have changed the food offerings in MK a great many times over the last 50 years. It is very feasible for them to update the offerings again.

Disagree.

Primo Piatto and Gasparilla are widely known as the best resort quick services on property. Geyser Point also kind of counts and is very well regarded.

All the value QS are basically the same now (not good), with slight exception for AA, and even they’ve dropped off since removing make your own pasta.
I have not been to AoA recently. It used to have an excellent tandoori section back in 2019, but I think it went away a short time after we ate there. Now, as Indian food goes, the offerings were extremely tame/very Americanized, but they had delicious roasted squash, naan, basmati rice, and (I think) tandoori chicken. I also recall having saag paneer. Again, not at all spicy, but still a fun option for a food court for a very reasonable price.

On my most recent trip though Gasparilla was a let down. IMO, the quality there has gone up and down over the least ten years. During the pandemic, Gasparilla Grill was at a low. They have brought back a bit more variety, but it was not as good as it was ten years ago. Ten years ago, it was one of the top QS on property. (though that was before Pandora and Black Spire Outpost opened.)

Though that was the era when all of WDW had really lousy pizza property-wide, before Via Napoli opened. The pizza at the Boardwalk is also not too bad. They need more topping options, but it is otherwise okay. When we dined there in March, we also had an excellent waitperson.

Once upon a time, Kona Cafe had the most fantastic desserts, and every visit they always had new ones! For kids, they had an adorable Mickey-face sundae that came with small cups of toppings children could add. We used to look forward to going there. Back then, Kona's sushi bar also offered a wider variety of custom sushi.

Disagree.

Primo Piatto and Gasparilla are widely known as the best resort quick services on property. Geyser Point also kind of counts and is very well regarded.

All the value QS are basically the same now (not good), with slight exception for AA, and even they’ve dropped off since removing make your own pasta.

I was really unimpressed with Gasparilla's choices when I stayed at GF a few months back.

There's been lots of streamlining of QS menus all over Disney and it's been really sad to see them lose essentially their theming and individuality.

One of my favorite QS meals used to be Sassagoula over at French Quarter. They used to have shrimp and grits, jambalaya, po boys, etc. All fitting within the theme and delicious too. Now, it's burgers, pizza, and chicken strips just like the rest of them. I actually decided not to stay there recently because of this because what was once a positive for dining was now a negative.

I was really unimpressed with Gasparilla's choices when I stayed at GF a few months back.

There's been lots of streamlining of QS menus all over Disney and it's been really sad to see them lose essentially their theming and individuality.

One of my favorite QS meals used to be Sassagoula over at French Quarter. They used to have shrimp and grits, jambalaya, po boys, etc. All fitting within the theme and delicious too. Now, it's burgers, pizza, and chicken strips just like the rest of them. I actually decided not to stay there recently because of this because what was once a positive for dining was now a negative.
Not sure about the po boys, but POFQ still has the shrimp and grits and jambalaya on the menu. You just won’t see it online on the Disney website or mobile order. But you can still order it once you’re there.

I’ve noticed that many of the resort quick services have limited menus online, but they have more variety or specials once you’re there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter