So Much Freakin’ Epicness Y'all! A May 2019 Epic DIS Meet TR Updated 11/21 x 7!

I Think We Have a 23-19!

With the slow bus pickup at DS it took me a bit longer to get to Epcot that I thought it would. I ended up entering the park around 7:00 pm

I wanted to get some Photopass Pictures but there were no photographers at the front of the park. As a matter of fact, I never saw a single one all evening so I have no pictures of myself at Epcot that night.

I planned to make Spaceship Earth my first ride of the trip since there are all kind of rumors that it is going down this fall for an extensive rehab. But unfortunately it was down when I walked by. So instead I veered to the right and towards this building.

It was a walk on of course at that time of night and before long I was riding along with Figment.

When I exited Figment, I saw that Ralph and Vanellope where meeting in the dump area. I thought about getting in line but it was already cut off for the night.

Instead I made my way over to the land building to use my Soarin’ FP. When I was walking around to the escalator, I noticed this sign.

I’m glad to see something new going in that spot. As much as I love the Lion King, the old movie was a one and done for me, it was truly awful. Hopefully this one will be much better quality than the old one.

I had no intention of riding Living with the Land but there was no line at all and I got sucked in as usual. There was a little girl in front of me, probably about 4 and she was terrified of going on the ride. Her brother probably around 8 or so sat next to her and talked her through the first dark part. It was so cute and sweet to see.

This is definitely one ride where I don’t skimp on the pictures.

There were some additional displays for the Flower and Garden Festival.

I was able to spot a Hidden Mickey that isn't always visible. It’s on the left side of the boat in the last room but it’s sometimes hidden by the roots of the plants. It was partially hidden this time, you can’t really see the second ear.

After LWTL, I finished out my time in the Land Building with my Soarin’ FP and then headed back towards World Showcase.

I was getting a slight bit hungry so I stopped at The Citrus Blossom Flower and Garden booth and got the Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aioli and Baby Greens.

This was actually very good and a pretty big piece of chicken. I didn’t eat the green stuff of course but I finished every bite of the chicken and it filled me up for the time being.

I realized at this point that I made a small error in my last minute plans for the night. I wanted to get a Precious Moments doll from the booth by America but I had forgotten that the Flower and Garden booths closed at 9 pm. So I ended up booking it quickly around to America skipping over Canada and all the other countries in between.

I did stop very quickly to pick up two Spike's Pollen Nation Exploration Bee Scavenger Hunt Maps
for Jackie and I at a cart in Canada. This was a scavenger hunt where you had to find Spike the Bee in various Flower gardens around WS. I didn't work on the map at all that night because it was dark.

I arrived at the doll booth just before the final Garden Rocks concert of the night finished up so I browsed through the dolls for a while since there was no way the CM could check me out with the noise level of the concert. I came fully intending to buy Belle this time but as usual, a different one ended up catching my eye. Since we had just adopted a dog in February and named him Sulley, I ended up bringing home another version of Sulley.

Jim of course had to point out to me that they spelled “Sulley” wrong on the tag. I made sure to look it up when we named him because I wasn’t sure if it was Sully or Sulley.

I thought about backtracking to Canada at that point to explore the shops but I was starting to get a bit tired so I just kept going. I stopped in at Germany to check out the Steiff but didn’t see anything that caught my eye. I did manage to find a 2nd ring in Arribas brothers. It’s not a good ring, it was only about $25 but you can’t tell that unless you pick it up. The ring I couldn’t find earlier that day was gold and I really wanted some more gold Disney rings so this one came home with me.

I wasn’t interested in anything in the China store so I skipped over that pavilion and headed into Norway. It was right at 9 pm at this point and I noticed that Frozen Ever After had a 20 minute wait posted. I decided to go for it. I figured it would go pretty quickly because there were no more FPs plus I’d never seen the regular standby line. Sorry this next one is blurry but it shows were I started out from.

It was pretty much exactly 20 minutes from that point so the wait time was accurate. I was especially excited to see the inside of Oaken’s Trading Post for the first time.

I had not read anything about the regular line so I was pleasantly surprised to see the sauna and hear the voices of Oaken and his family from behind the door.

And then much to my surprise, Oaken drew an Olaf face in the steam and peeped out at us!

I didn’t get a ride photo from the actual ride. One of the themes for this trip was the fact that I got other people’s ride photos almost as often as I got mine! I did try to take pictures on the ride also but only two sort of came out.

As I left Norway, I stopped and visited the two sisters in topiary form.

I was really starting to drag at this point. I did take a quick look around the Mexico pavilion but didn’t find anything and exited pretty quickly. I stopped at Choza de Margarita and picked up a frozen strawberry margarita to sip on as I headed out of the park.

Unfortunately it was absolutely disgusting and I ended up only being able to drink about a third of it before I threw it out. There was no strawberry flavor at all, just straight tequila. While I don’t mind tequila mixed with other stuff, I definitely don’t like it straight.

I headed back towards the front of the park with a detour through Mouse Gears. It was still pretty crowded in there so I mostly just walked through quickly and didn’t find anything else to buy. I thought about doing either Test Track or Spaceship Earth but the early morning was catching up to me and I was done. It was around 10 pm when I headed out to the bus stops.

For some reason, Pop and AOA are the farthest stops away from all the park entrances except at Animal Kingdom. And when I got there, there was still a pretty long line. It was also super stuffy and hot so by the time I got on a bus, I was feeling pretty sticky.

When I got back to the resort, I made a quick stop at the Concierge desk to see if I had to move rooms the next day. The CM confirmed that I was in the same room for both reservations so I moved on to the food court to get a snack. I ended up picking up a Mickey Ice Cream sandwich, some milk to wash it down and a Coke for the next morning.

Unfortunately the lines were really long at the food court to check out so by the time I got back to the room, the ice cream was a melted mess and I had to eat it quickly over the sink.

I spent some time unpacking and getting a little bit organized in the room and then started in on some decorating. You see, Jackie’s birthday was while we were there and I decided she needed a Princess birthday.

I also had some Disney Birthday window clings but I apparently didn't take a picture of those before putting them on the window.

I didn’t get very far before tiredness forced me to quit for the night and head to bed. It was somewhere around midnight when I finally crashed.

I usually post my pin trades and Fitbit stats at the end of each day but I decided on this trip not to bother with pin trading. I wasn’t seeing anything worth trading for on the lanyards the first couple of days and then after that, I was too busy with the group to really worry about it. I do have the Fitbit stats for you though.

Up Next: I Meet a Rat or Two

Last edited:
Sounds like a great night at Epcot! You did a good amount! And I love the new PM doll you added to your collection!

So sweet of you to decorate the room for Jackie's birthday!

EPCOT looks fun at night. I don't remember the last time we did EPCOT at night. I'm trying to convince my husband we need to pull the girls out of school early on Friday to go to EPCOT before DD1's basketball tournament ( tournament is at ESPN world wide sports) starts. Not sure if he can stop work early ( or if he can work in the car as I drive) since he was away the last 2 weeks for work.

It's now available on the Disney Store site and is on it's way to my house as we speak.
I might need to ask for that for my birthday in July! I feel like I would get good use of it on our August trip!

This was actually very good and a pretty big piece of chicken. I didn’t eat the green stuff of course but I finished every bite of the chicken and it filled me up for the time being.
That looks really good.

It’s not a good ring, it was only about $25 but you can’t tell that unless you pick it up. The ring I couldn’t find earlier that day was gold and I really wanted some more gold Disney rings so this one came home with me.

That is a nice price point for young girls though. Good to know. I always just assume everything would be really pricey!

It was pretty much exactly 20 minutes from that point so the wait time was accurate. I was especially excited to see the inside of Oaken’s Trading Post for the first time.

We have only done fastpass for this, I do want to see this as well.

Unfortunately it was absolutely disgusting and I ended up only being able to drink about a third of it before I threw it out. There was no strawberry flavor at all, just straight tequila. While I don’t mind tequila mixed with other stuff, I definitely don’t like it straight.
I stick with the hand mixed drinks. Maybe they didn't mix it right? bummer

For some reason, Pop and AOA are the farthest stops away from all the park entrances except at Animal Kingdom. And when I got there, there was still a pretty long line. It was also super stuffy and hot so by the time I got on a bus, I was feeling pretty sticky.
I feel like whatever hotel we are at, THAT is the farthest bus stop away.

I spent some time unpacking and getting a little bit organized in the room and then started in on some decorating. You see, Jackie’s birthday was while we were there and I decided she needed a Princess birthday.

So nice!!!!

More like because I don't want in. :rotfl2: You had first hand knowledge of what the downtown area is like. I'm very happy being outside the city.

Well... that's where the fishies are...

Accurate.

Knew it!

After 20 years of marriage, nope he didn't believe me.

:laughing:

I think it's opposite for you. For me, my mind wants to do the races but my body is slowly starting to say "Hell no". For you, your mind is what's saying "Hell no".

Oh, no. My mind says "Hell no".... and my body nods (jiggles) in agreement.

I think Disney is one of the few things that brings me out of my shell, that and volunteering at the shelter. I had a blast both times we were able to meet up. I wish we would have had more time on this last trip but I understood with your daughter being there. My family is still a bit weirded out by the whole "meeting strangers from the internet".

Yeah... my DW is not a fan of meeting DISers. So traveling with her would be even less meets. (i.e. zero)

That's definitely me too. Most people I know have given up inviting me to large group gatherings. Of course this trip was different because it was all Disney people.

Makes all the difference, doesn't it? :)

I'll definitely be over to your TR eventually. I'm determined to get caught up and stay caught up this time (man I sound like a broken record there).

I'll be posting a link when I start it...
...when I start it...
...when I start it...
...when I start it...
...when I start it...
...when...

sorry.

I think we've all agree to call it "borrowing".

Then it's okay, then.

If I could figure out the proper technique to taking them I'd probably take more. Mine always come out looking strange though.

There's probably a course on it or something.

How'd you manage to sneak into my bathroom? :lmao:

If I told you, then you'd close it off.

Every one of mine except Ellie wants to be in the same room as us every time. Makes using the restroom a bit interesting.

:laughing: I bet!

I see in the small print where it says "for use on the surface of the sun or other hot stars"

I think I ate a bite or two of the corn to be polite but gave up after that. Just don't like corn unless it's fresh on the cob. I did eat the potatoes though, that's one vegetable I like.

mmm... corn on the cob... love it.

I do wish I could wear the ears but alas it's not meant to be.

:hug:

What a nice evening in Epcot

Sulley is “precious”. I can’t believe how cute the dolls are dressed up like Disney Characters

I’m looking forward to the new movie in the Land, I hope it is better than the circle of life, we went once and never again, haha!

To bad the margarita was bad, it looked good in the picture:drinking1

Beautiful shot. The sky looks really nice.

I wanted to get some Photopass Pictures but there where no photographers at the front of the park.

Really? Huh! They're always there!

As a matter of fact, I never saw a single one all evening so I have no pictures of myself at Epcot that night.

Wow. I don't know if I've ever been there and not had to dodge around them.

I planned to make Spaceship Earth my first ride of the trip since there are all kind of rumors that it is going down this fall for an extensive rehab.

Yep. Heard those too. Thought they were fact, but... haven't been able to confirm that.

When I exited Figment, I saw that Ralph and Vanellope where meeting in the dump area.

Saw them there too. But I'm not big into the characters (nor is Elle) so we passed them by.

I’m glad to see something new going in that spot. As much as I love the Lion King, the old movie was a one and done for me, it was truly awful.

Never saw it.
Kinda think I'm okay with that after reading your thoughts of it.

I had no intention of riding Living with the Land but there was no line at all and I got sucked in as usual.

:laughing:

There was a little girl in front of me, probably about 4 and she was terrified of going on the ride. Her brother probably around 8 or so sat next to her and talked her through the first dark part. It was so cute and sweet to see.

Awww...

I was able to spot a Hidden Mickey that isn't always visible. It’s on the left side of the boat in the last room but it’s sometimes hidden by the roots of the plants. It was partially hidden this time, you can’t really see the second ear.

Good catch!

I was getting a slight bit hungry so I stopped at The Citrus Blossom Flower and Garden booth and got the Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aioli and Baby Greens.

Had that. Not bad!

So I ended up booking it quickly around to America skipping over Canada and all the other countries in between.

Yes. We know. We still talk about it up here. "Did you see that lady that just passed us without even saying hi?"
I'm like, "Yeah, that's Ariana."

I did stop very quickly to pick up two Spike's Pollen Nation Exploration Bee Scavenger Hunt Maps for Jackie and I at a cart in Canada. This was a scavenger hunt where you had to find Spike the Bee in various Flower gardens around WS.

Saw some of the bees. We didn't know it was a scavenger hunt.

Jim of course had to point out to me that they spelled “Sulley” wrong on the tag.

Sully: damage the purity or integrity of; defile.

I think "Sulley" might be a bit better.

I really wanted some more gold Disney rings so this one came home with me.

Like that! Nice.

It was right at 9 pm at this point and I noticed that Frozen Ever After had a 20 minute wait posted.

Huh! Last time I went, I think it was a couple hours.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the sauna and hear the voices of Oaken and his family from behind the door.

No way!

And then much to my surprise, Oaken drew an Olaf face in the steam and peeped out at us!

What??????

I stopped at Choza de Margarita and picked up a frozen strawberry margarita to sip on as I headed out of the park.

mmm...

Unfortunately it was absolutely disgusting

oh. I withdraw the "mmm..."

I ended up picking up a Mickey Ice Cream sandwich, some milk to wash it down and a Coke for the next morning.

Pretty much what I would've gotten. Maybe OJ for breakfast and the Coke for later, though.

Unfortunately the lines were really long at the food court to check out so by the time I got back to the room, the ice cream was a melted mess and I had to eat it quickly over the sink.

Rookie mistake. If it'd been me, the ice cream wouldn't have even made it more than a couple steps out of the building.

:goodvibes
Very nice of you!

Finally here!! I'm so glad we got to meet!

we will be doing that with a visit to Charleston, SC this fall.
I love visiting historical places also and Charleston is on my list

I “knew” most of the ladies that were going although I think many of them had no idea of who I was.
I knew who you were!!!

think all of us on the trip wished for more time to spend with this wonderful group!
Definitely! It was so hard to spend time with everyone and even when we were all together it was hard to talk to everyone

I ended up with this set which is based on Magic Kingdom rides.
Ooh I haven't seen those and I want them! Going to look for them when we go in July :goodvibes

Neat! I like finding Hidden Mickey's and keep meaning to bring the book with me and then always forget :rolleyes:

You see, Jackie’s birthday was while we were there and I decided she needed a Princess birthday.
So thoughtful!

You had a a good day of shopping, that's right up my alley!

Hi! Joining in for the fun. Your dogs are precious. I have an incredibly spoiled golden retriever myself. The tater tot mishap is totally something that would happen to me. The new Pop rooms look awesome! Sorry you couldn’t find the ring you had in mind but I really like the one you selected. I’ve never seen/heard those sauna details in Frozen Ever After - so cute!!!! Hurrah for not switching rooms and how sweet of you to decorate! :goodvibes

I Think We Have a 23-19!

With the slow bus pickup at DS it took me a bit longer to get to Epcot that I thought it would. I ended up entering the park around 7:00 pm

I wanted to get some Photopass Pictures but there where no photographers at the front of the park. As a matter of fact, I never saw a single one all evening so I have no pictures of myself at Epcot that night.
That sucks. I don't understand why sometimes there are so many PP photographers and others times...nada. I think EPCOT is the worst for this.

I planned to make Spaceship Earth my first ride of the trip since there are all kind of rumors that it is going down this fall for an extensive rehab. But unfortunately it was down when I walked by. So instead I veered to the right and towards this building.

It was a walk on of course at that time of night and before long I was riding along with Figment.

I'll take Figment over SE any day. Still one of my favorite rides.

When I exited Figment, I saw that Ralph and Vanellope where meeting in the dump area. I thought about getting in line but it was already cut off for the night.

Instead I made my way over to the land building to use my Soarin’ FP. When I was walking around to the escalator, I noticed this sign.

I’m glad to see something new going in that spot. As much as I love the Lion King, the old movie was a one and done for me, it was truly awful. Hopefully this one will be much better quality than the old one.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen that movie, but yes, always good to see other options.

I had no intention of riding Living with the Land but there was no line at all and I got sucked in as usual. There was a little girl in front of me, probably about 4 and she was terrified of going on the ride. Her brother probably around 8 or so sat next to her and talked her through the first dark part. It was so cute and sweet to see.
Awww!

Good find. I've seen a lot of hidden Mickeys on LWTL, but I don't recall seeing that one.

Thanks for posting these. Frozen is NOT my favorite ride, but I've done FPs for DD...never done the standby line because it's usually stupid long and I refuse to stand in line for something I don't like anyway.

As a techy, it would be cool to see how the imagineers did that.

As I left Norway, I stopped and visited the two sisters in topiary form.

Olaf, IMHO was the only good part of the movie, but these are pretty cool.

Kinda sad. I know there are a lot of folks who are very happy when the bartender is heavy handed with the booze. I guess it's necessary to tell them to be a little less generous on their pour.

I headed back towards the front of the park with a detour through Mouse Gears. It was still pretty crowded in there so I mostly just walked through quickly and didn’t find anything else to buy. I thought about doing either Test Track or Spaceship Earth but the early morning was catching up to me and I was done. It was around 10 pm when I headed out to the bus stops.
You got a lot done in 3 hours! Good job!

I didn't realize it was her birthday.
Happy belated birthday @missjackiemcg
That was very nice of you Ariana.

That looks good. I totally missed this or I would have tied it!

That's super sweet!

I wanted to get some Photopass Pictures but there where no photographers at the front of the park. As a matter of fact, I never saw a single one all evening so I have no pictures of myself at Epcot that night.

How bizarre! I've never seen a lack of Photopass photographers at Epcot, especially at the entrance and by the Innovention Fountain. That's too bad that you didn't get any pictures!

I’m glad to see something new going in that spot.

That's great! I've skipped by that attraction for years (if I've even visited?!) so I'm glad they're finally given that attraction a refresh! It's about time!

There was a little girl in front of me, probably about 4 and she was terrified of going on the ride. Her brother probably around 8 or so sat next to her and talked her through the first dark part.

Oh, how sweet! I hope she ended up enjoying it!

I always take far too many pictures on Living with the Land, too! It's so hard not to, even if you've already been on it so many times before.

That looks delicious! Such a large piece of chicken for a food booth!

Since we had just adopted a dog in February and named him Sulley, I ended up bringing home another version of Sulley.

That is ADORABLE! It's a little strange that they didn't spell Sulley correctly, but it's so cute I'm sure you can forgive them.

It was right at 9 pm at this point and I noticed that Frozen Ever After had a 20 minute wait posted.

Wow! What a short line!

I LOVE all your pictures of Frozen Ever After... I so rarely see pictures of the regular line! The pictures of Oaken in the sauna are GREAT!

You see, Jackie’s birthday was while we were there and I decided she needed a Princess birthday.

How nice of you! What a fun group of decorations!

I had the same issue in EPCOT during our March trip! My brother and his gf had gotten some really cute nighttime photos at EPCOT in January that I wanted to get too and I didn't see any photopass photographers either!

https://arianafreimuth.smugmug.com/...-May-2019-Tues-430-Day-1-DS-Epcot/i-6tQVs5z/A

Adorable!!! Those are so cute

As you know, I had to order the Tiki Room one. There's also a really cute MK one that I saw today.
I LOVE these!!! What size did you end up ordering? Let me know how the fit is so I can decide what to order :)

I ended up just hanging my toiletry case there because Jackie didn't hang up any of her shirts. But we could have used it if necessary.
...because Jackie lived out of her suitcase and was too lazy to hang anything up LOL

IMG_8627-L.jpg
Before the signs got all bent over in that wild storm!!

You were correct. I NEEDED a Princess birthday!!! :) I was SO incredibly surprised and excited when I got there and saw all the decorations :)

I made it! I am all caught up now. What an incredible trip to share with so many Disers! When I started seeing photos on IG with you in them (I follow chunkymonkey) I was immediately SO proud of you, because I do know that you are shy. Can't wait to see more!!!

There was a little girl in front of me, probably about 4 and she was terrified of going on the ride.

Oh man, the things kids decide are scary! Living with the Land, of all things!

This is truly precious!

Adorable! I've never been through standby either, so this was really cool for me to see

One of the themes for this trip was the fact that I got other people’s ride photos almost as often as I got mine!

Ugh yes! PP was particularly glitchy this trip. I did have luck sending in a lost photo form to Disney though, but it's a bit of an effort if you've got more than one missing.

OH! I haven't noticed that Hidden Mickey before! I'll be sure to look for it in July!

I wanted to get some Photopass Pictures but there were no photographers at the front of the park. As a matter of fact, I never saw a single one all evening so I have no pictures of myself at Epcot that night.
So weird that there weren't PP photographers around!

Looks delicious!

I wasn’t interested in anything in the China store so I skipped over that pavilion and headed into Norway. It was right at 9 pm at this point and I noticed that Frozen Ever After had a 20 minute wait posted. I decided to go for it. I figured it would go pretty quickly because there were no more FPs plus I’d never seen the regular standby line. Sorry this next one is blurry but it shows were I started out from.
The stand by lone looks really cute!

Super sweet of you! How fun to have everything decorated for a birthday!

Looks like you had a great night in Epcot, though I've never seen those precious moment dolls. Where in America are they? Looks like something my daughter would love.

Sounds like a great night at Epcot! You did a good amount! And I love the new PM doll you added to your collection!

So sweet of you to decorate the room for Jackie's birthday!

I did have a great time at Epcot and got a lot done that night.

EPCOT looks fun at night. I don't remember the last time we did EPCOT at night. I'm trying to convince my husband we need to pull the girls out of school early on Friday to go to EPCOT before DD1's basketball tournament ( tournament is at ESPN world wide sports) starts. Not sure if he can stop work early ( or if he can work in the car as I drive) since he was away the last 2 weeks for work.

I love WS at night! Hope you are able to visit on your upcoming trip.

I might need to ask for that for my birthday in July! I feel like I would get good use of it on our August trip!

Mine is supposed to deliver today! I'm a little nervous about the size though. I ordered a large which is what I would normally order but then I read they run a little small. Hopefully I won't have to return it for a bigger size.

That is a nice price point for young girls though. Good to know. I always just assume everything would be really pricey!

The more expensive rings are in the cases. These were actually on a wall rack with other jewelry. It's the first time I've seen them like that at Arribas brothers. I love my "cheap" ring and will definitely buy more like it in the future. They did have several different styles.

We have only done fastpass for this, I do want to see this as well.

I was very happy that I decided to wait and see everything. I think I hit the timing perfectly because Illuminations was just starting when I got in line. When I exited the ride about 25 minutes later, Illuminations was over and the line for FEA stretched all the way out of Norway.

I stick with the hand mixed drinks. Maybe they didn't mix it right? bummer

These come pre-mixed out of machines and I've had the strawberry one on numerous occasions. No idea what happened this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts