So Pete’s a licenced Real Estate Agent...

The bigger question I have is without the theme parks, why would anyone move to Orlando? That's a serious question. I get no snow, FL taxes, and halfway in between two coasts, but the pay in Florida isn't great, traffic is terrible, it's unbearable in the summer, and the bugs/alligators. It truly let's you know how important Disney is to the area.

With that being said, Pete seems like a smart businessman who is trying to diversify, but it makes me wonder where Orlando real estate is headed if you can't get into the parks, without being a guest, with the COVID restrictions.

If I could give anyone advice... it would be not to move to Florida. I've been here for a bit of time, and I completely agree with you... bad traffic, bad drivers, bad insect population, a lot of bad attitudes, and just about no one from Florida is from Florida. Oh yeah, the population spikes in the "winter" months (at least where I live).

As soon as I don't HAVE to be here, I won't be here. The only shining point is access to Disney, which I also think is minimal, because half the fun of going to Disney used to be the anticipation and travel getting here.

...Not that I'm bitter

If I could give anyone advice... it would be not to move to Florida. I've been here for a bit of time, and I completely agree with you... bad traffic, bad drivers, bad insect population, a lot of bad attitudes, and just about no one from Florida is from Florida. Oh yeah, the population spikes in the "winter" months (at least where I live).

As soon as I don't HAVE to be here, I won't be here. The only shining point is access to Disney, which I also think is minimal, because half the fun of going to Disney used to be the anticipation and travel getting here.

...Not that I'm bitter

Where do you live? I'm curious because I have the complete opposite opinion of you, but maybe because I'm born and raised.

I'm listening to the live show Pete is doing right now. He just said that a lot of people ask him which neighborhoods are safe and that as licensed realtors, he and Sean legally can't answer that question. That's the sort of thing that realtors are restricted from telling you. They can refer you to websites that post crime statistics and other such resources but they themselves can't give you that information.

I'm listening to the live show Pete is doing right now. He just said that a lot of people ask him which neighborhoods are safe and that as licensed realtors, he and Sean legally can't answer that question. That's the sort of thing that realtors are restricted from telling you. They can refer you to websites that post crime statistics and other such resources but they themselves can't give you that information.

It seems like such a basic question to answer.

Slightly OT but I have to say, I've watched a couple of Sean's home videos and wasn't particularly impressed by him. However, watching today's live show, I have a completely different opinion. He clearly knows his stuff. He has broad knowledge of the area, the market, mortgage issues, insurance issues, warranty issues, new builds, HOAs, the whole bit. I understand now why Pete has built everything around him.

Slightly OT but I have to say, I've watched a couple of Sean's home videos and wasn't particularly impressed by him. However, watching today's live show, I have a completely different opinion. He clearly knows his stuff. He has broad knowledge of the area, the market, mortgage issues, insurance issues, warranty issues, new builds, HOAs, the whole bit. I understand now why Pete has built everything around him.

Yeah I’m with you on the home videos, I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I didn’t / don’t think it was Sean specifically; for me it was more the awkwardness of the home tours in general. But the panel shows have always shown him to be very knowledgeable in my eyes.

I get that I'm in the minority but I absolutely love Sean and basically anything he does. The home tours are sometimes super awkward and whilst he is very knowledgeable in the panel shows I don't know what it is about the home tours he seems very flustered and forgets what basic thing are called and Pete has to say it from behind the camera. I find that a bit off putting.

Yeah I’m with you on the home videos, I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I didn’t / don’t think it was Sean specifically; for me it was more the awkwardness of the home tours in general.
The home tours are sometimes super awkward and whilst he is very knowledgeable in the panel shows I don't know what it is about the home tours he seems very flustered and forgets what basic thing are called and Pete has to say it from behind the camera. I find that a bit off putting.
Ah, maybe the issue wasn't Sean himself but just the format of those videos.

Maybe they should consider a different format. Film the home but add the voice track later. That might make a more polished finished product.

Ah, maybe the issue wasn't Sean himself but just the format of those videos.

Maybe they should consider a different format. Film the home but add the voice track later. That might make a more polished finished product.
I think they should edit the videos down to speed them up a bit. There's too much dead air and they seem to drag on. Also, if Pete is part of the sales team I would rather he be in front of the camera talking, versus commenting from the back, as it seems like he is stepping on Sean's toes.

We’re planning to move to Orlando in 2022 and we’ve been watching the Move to Orlando channel on You Tube for a while now. We’ve gotten a lot of useful information from the videos - just today, we saw one about the hidden costs of moving there. So I’m sure we’ll continue watching just as we do the other Dis shows.

However, you can be sure that we’ll be reading many other websites and sources as well, and not because we don’t trust Pete and his crew. Any decision like that needs due diligence, which requires a lot of research from multiple sources.

We’re planning to move to Orlando in 2022 and we’ve been watching the Move to Orlando channel on You Tube for a while now. We’ve gotten a lot of useful information from the videos - just today, we saw one about the hidden costs of moving there. So I’m sure we’ll continue watching just as we do the other Dis shows.

However, you can be sure that we’ll be reading many other websites and sources as well, and not because we don’t trust Pete and his crew. Any decision like that needs due diligence, which requires a lot of research from multiple sources.

The video wasn’t particularly helpful...a hidden cost of living in Orlando is eating out at theme parks?

Pete slays these videos though he’s so entertaining

Well we certainly thought it was helpful. According to my notes, they said HOAs are more pervasive in Orlando, and on the average quite a bit higher than the HOAs we had in our previous two homes. Some of the toll road info was new to us, even though we obviously ran into that on our trips. The electric bill info was good to know because my wife likes to keep it cold enough to hang meat in our house. He also mentioned insurance costs. He admitted it was not an exhaustive list, but we thought it was pretty good.

If I could give anyone advice... it would be not to move to Florida. I've been here for a bit of time, and I completely agree with you... bad traffic, bad drivers, bad insect population, a lot of bad attitudes, and just about no one from Florida is from Florida.

Moving to Orlando is something I've said I'd be open to if the right opportunity presented itself. Based on your description, it would literally be no different from Atlanta in those respects anyway. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!