So Sad!

tina95

Mouseketeer
My boys wanted to eat at or in MK Castle. I went to make reservations today, 90 days out for dinner. No can do! They said it will be closed for refurbishment from the 17th until the 28th of Jan. 2005. We of course leave early in the morning of the 29th.

:(
How sad!!! I"m sure there are going to be a lot of unhappy little folks out there!!! ( and bigger folks too!!)

Bummer :(. Maybe you can make reservations at the California Grill during Wishes instead.

I think you might be OK! This is the quote I've read in a few places:

"Cinderella's Royal Table will be closed for rehab beginning January 17. Lunch and dinner will return on January 27th. Breakfast will begin again on January 28th."

My DD's B-day is the 27th so we're going to try for bkfst on the 28th as we leave the on the 29th also, but if your looking for dinner you should have the 27th and 28th to choose from. get ready to call tommorrow!!

Good Luck!

Lisa

:D

Our last day in the parks is also the 28th so I called just now to confirm that CRT would be open for breakfast on the 28th to make a reservation. The CM told me that the rehab was extended and would not be acccepting reservations until the morning of the 29th! We are boarding the Disney Cruise that day and can't imagine we'll be able to fit that in! I hope something changes!

Originally posted by Wampy2
I think you might be OK! This is the quote I've read in a few places:

"Cinderella's Royal Table will be closed for rehab beginning January 17. Lunch and dinner will return on January 27th. Breakfast will begin again on January 28th.":D

I've read this too so hopefully you may be in luck! Call back just in case this is correct, if it isn't, you have a reason to go back! ;) Good luck and let us know if you were able to obtain a PS. I would also keep calling as your trip got closer.

GOOD LUCK!

We called this morning for a breakfast PS at Cindy's for the 28th and was told (DH on one phone and me on another) by different CMs that the refurbishment was extended and the first breakfast available would be on the 29th. We leave later in the afternoon on that day and will try tomorrow for a PS. I hope that it doesn't change again. We are very disappointed!!!

If you will have a car you could take them to Medieval Times. The outside looks like a castle and the show itself would probably thrill them way more than eating in Cinderella's castle.

When you eat dinner in Cinderella's castle they don't really do anything special compared to any other Disney restaurant - except the CM's call the children "princess" and "prince". It's not a character meal. If you can get a window seat it's kind of neat to look out over part of the park or watch the fireworks. However, you get a much better view of the fireworks if you watch from outside and, if you do have a window seat, other diners will come crowd around your window when the fireworks are on.

I'm not trying to say it's not worth eating there - it is kind of cool to be inside the castle - but IMO it's not worth any great despair if you can't get in. There are lots of other restaurants - Disney or off-site - that have interesting theming.

Yes but being in the castle with Cinderella is all part of the magical experience...that is why we are disappointed. My daughter and mentally retarded aunt, who would have been thrilled to do this, would have enjoyed that aspect of the meal.:D

Not sure if this will help you, but 1900 Park Faire at the GF has a royal dinner buffet. The characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and Susie Mouse. The GF is a beautiful resort and very convenient to get to using the monorail or resort boat launch right from the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter