SO: Saturday Morning Cartoons from your childhood

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Just like every other kid from the 1980's, I lived for Saturday Morning Cartoons! I was up early with my bowl of cereal and glass of chocolate milk, glued to the TV until Candlepin Bowling came on lol ;)

Some of my favorites:
Ms. Pacman
Smurfs
Snorks
Shirt Tales
Gummy Bears
Dungeons & Dragons
Punky Brewster

& there used to be this nighttime special that came on once a year with highlights of the new cartoons to kick off the season.

What were some of your favorites?

Muppet babies was my favorite! He man and she-ra, jem, thundercats, smurfs, gummy bears, this silly cartoon about a little seal that was on HBO, can't think of the name of it right now. On Saturdays we used to watch studio wrestling too!

I remember several years watching The Monkees reruns followed by Soul Train, American Bandstand and then reruns of old Hollywood horror movies ( the Universal Monster movies of the ‘30s and ‘40s were my favorites) on a local program called Shock Theater.

I think I've seen every Looney Toons cartoon ever made at least 50 times. It wasn't even that long ago that Cartoon Network used to show them on Saturday mornings from 6am to noon non-stop, and I'd watch a ton of it.

I remember several years watching The Monkees reruns followed by Soul Train, American Bandstand and then reruns of old Hollywood horror movies ( the Universal Monster movies of the ‘30s and ‘40s were my favorites) on a local program called Shock Theater.
Was that Dr Shock? I Think that was his name. White lab coat and make up.

Smurfs!

Garfield and Friends
Hong Kong Phooey
Inspector Gadget (might have been when the kids were little)
Looney Tunes
Quick Draw MacGraw
Johnny Quest
Superfriends
Jem and the Holograms (okay...college-age)
Alvin and the Chipmunks

I loved Hong Kong Phooey!!!

Childhood cartoons fall into two distinct categories:

Saturday Mornings:
Thundarr the Barbarian
Super Friends
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
Turbo Teen
Kidd Video

After school cartoons:
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
GI Joe
Transformers
Scooby Doo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter