• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So we want to go to the second show of fantasmic but first...

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
We want to watch the fireworks. We will be in the parks in July when it is really busy! Where should we watch the fireworks from. I read about the IASW tip but to tell you the truth we want to see tinker-bell. It's my brother & nephews first time to any park and this is all part of the magic! Is there a good spot we can watch the fireworks at & where should we go from there. The last time I was in DL we couldn't really see fantastmic from where we were standing the trees were in our way above and people were in the way below. LOL Did I mention we are short so a good viewing place is important. Thanks for your input! :wizard:

Probably a good thought about IASW.. We watched from there at Christmas and it took a LONG time to get anywhere that wasn't IASW after they finished, they close quite a few paths, etc during the fireworks, and it takes a few minutes to check them and make sure they are clear to allow traffic flow again.

Sorry, we have not seen Fantasmic, so I can't help you with that.

Go to the hub facing the castle. The center of the hub has a cross of pathways. You want to be at the cross that goes from Tomorrowland to Frontierland. At the spot where it gets to the "street" to cross to Frontierland, stand in the street just behind that crosswalk. When they set up the ropes for crowd control you will be standing in the front of that section. PERFECT place to see the fireworks. Then when the fireworks are over, you are in place to just walk through to Frontierland for a spot to see Fantasmic.

Gina:

We did this August 1-4 last summer. I had a 9 and 10 year old with me, and was concerned about them being able to see. And we wanted to see it from the hub, which IMO the hub or nearby on Main Street is the only way to see Remember.

I already had an idea of where to position my family - I will get to that in a moment - so earlier on the day we planned to go I scouted the area to check out viewing angles and trees. The most important thing is to have a clear, unobstructed view of the castle. Being able to see the Matterhorn is a bonus, but not essential. From our spot we could see both.

We got to our spot exactly one hour before the show. Some people spend three hours waiting to get prime spots. However, in the few weeks before our early August trip the Remember fireworks were cancelled three times due to high winds and I was not about to risk 3 hours on something that might get cancelled. In addition, we planned the fireworks for evening 2 of our 4 day trip, so if it got cancelled we had two more opportunities.

If the hub was a clock and the castle was at 12:00, we were at 7:30 - in front of Carnation Plaza often referred to casually as "Coke Corner". The hub has a road, and on the side of the road there are curbs. I wanted to get a spot on a curb, because everyone stands up for the show (except those immediately in front of the castle) and if my 9 and 10 year olds were on the curb they would have a 4-6 inch advantage over those in front of them on the street itself. Plus, the traffic pattern DLR setup with ropes had a rope walkway behind us (they put up the ropes just after we got there - again about one hour before the show). That is also critical. If you have a walkway behind you, then no one walks in front of you. If you yourself are behind a walkway, then throughout the whole show people walk in front of you, and the Cast Members are constantly yelling "move along, move along, this is not a viewing area" because people are not allowed to stop to watch fireworks from the walkway areas, although some try.

I will not say our spot was the best of all spots, but I will say it offerred an excellent view and I have a hard time imagining that any other spot would offer anything significantly better. The 9 and 10 year old were able to see fine.

After the fireworks, we made our way over to Frontierland and over to see Fantasmic show #2. However, DLR has changed their traffic patterns during and after Fantasmic and, last time I was there in November, all traffic is routed in a single direction counter-clockwise around the hub. Hence if you are at the "7:30 clock spot" in the hub, you may have to walk around the hub to get out the Frontierland entrance at about the "9:00 clock spot". This will delay you a few minutes getting to Fantasmic. We got excellent spots for Fantasmic down front near the water in the center for our group of 6 at about 9:55PM. Even if you get there by 10:10 I think you will still find a decent spot - there were still spots next to us up until show time that never got filled.

The closest I've ever seen Tinkerbell is when my mom and I decided to wait for the Peter Pan ride to re-open. They rope the area off right after the carousel if I remember right. If you get there right when they do that and save a spot there, it's a great view of her. We could almost clearly see her face! I don't remember when they rope it off, though. I'm thinking fourty five minutes before showtime? Not sure.

Fantasmic might be a bit mad if you are going to the second showing. The first showing lets out after the firework show ends, because they let people sit and watch it from there. I know for the first show you have to wait hours to get a good seat in July, but I'm not so sure about the second showing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter