So what are your thought on masks around the resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
Just received an email from DVC stating:

”Our Members and guests will also play an important role in helping prevent the spread of illness. Like our Cast, all Members and guests will be asked to wear face coverings in public resort areas when not eating or drinking and to respect physical distancing.”

I was expecting to wear masks in the parks during our November trip. But having to wear them every moment you are out of the room seems too much for me personally. Unfortunately I am booked on some borrowed points and may not have the option to reschedule. Not trying to make this a debate about masks and whether Disney can require people to wear a mask. Of course they can. It is their private property. Just wondered if everyone knew that they would be expected to wear them at the resorts too.

I am just trying to picture laying by the pool with masks on. Not my idea of a vacation. I have to worry about a DCL cruise in November too. PIF is in a month.
Agreed. Exactly what I don't understand is how Universal is opening Volcano Bay. How do you wear a mask in a water park?!?!

I expected this policy. If you have to wear a mask at Disney Springs and in the parks then it makes sense that you would have to wear masks everywhere on property. You would be just as likely to catch a virus in an elevator or in a hallway as you would in the parks. The virus doesn't stop just because you're in a hotel or sitting beside a pool.

To the people who are ok with wearing a mask their whole vacations, do they wear mask now at work/home all day? I'm just asking. I wear one indoors 5 days a week, 8 hours a day and hate it. I have pretty much decided not to go anywhere a mask is required unless I absolutely need to (groceries, but I've tried to do pick up). I could only imagine wearing one in Florida heat for 10 hours, sweating. A mask wet from sweat. Again, just asking, out of curiosity.

I do have a reservation for September (rescheduled from April). I'll wait it out until 30 days before to see what's changed from now until then. if I don't go I'll wait until 2022

To be honest - I have no problem with it. The reality of it is...this is the new way of life. We embrace it for what it is but if you choose not to - that's your choice. Stay home and let the others enjoy life.

Also, this is the norm in Asia countries. In the parks over there if you are sick you were a mask, thats their way of life.

To be honest - I have no problem with it. The reality of it is...this is the new way of life. We embrace it for what it is but if you choose not to - that's your choice. Stay home and let the others enjoy life.

Also, this is the norm in Asia countries. In the parks over there if you are sick you were a mask, thats their way of life.
While I have never been, I don’t think every person wears a mask all day in the parks in Asia. Maybe I’m wrong.

I just hope this new way of life is temporary.

Here, here. I want to say so much more about the “we won’t wear masks crowd” but the forum rules won’t allow it.

Kind of expected it but not sure what they will do with the mask rules while guests are at the pool?

Wearing a mask out in public is going to be our new normal until a vaccine or non-invasive treatment is found. We have a DVC trip planned for October and 100% expect to go in wearing masks the whole time, no shows and shortened park hours. Half our party works in healthcare and we just want a week away to relax. Safely. So yes, we have no problem with masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter