So...when do you think you will get back?

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Just curious when everyone thinks they will get back to the world/land...

We are from BC and seem to be getting to Disneyland ever year or so in some capacity for the last few years, and had hoped to get back to the World possibly in DD16's grad year/after her grad..she's headed in to grade 11 now so I think that's a bit of a possibility, possibly summer of 2022...

So curious when do you realistically think you will visit a park again- We are thinking it's going to be at least till next spring/summer before we will be able to get down to Disneyland- we can't realistically self isolate for 2 weeks post vacation due to work commitments so that is a factor for sure, and with things surging I don't see that restriction going away anytime soon, not to mention the rise in cases in the LA are.

Now that kiddo is 10 we don't have the need to get there before he's priced as an adult :) I am guessing 2022 or 2023 though. Normally we do a week long trip every two years, which would be next summer, but I am not sure we'll be ready to go then so will probably wait another year. I'd like to wait for the Tron coaster to be up and running, and perhaps some other changes? New rides and such? I also want to be able to have the "full experience" that we've had in the past trips, and I don't see that happening for awhile still. I do know kiddo has already said next time we will go slower as he felt the last trip was too fast. I think that's more a function of it being a one week vacation rather than the amount of stuff we did. I think we will try for a longer trip, even 8 or 9 days would be nice I think.

Realistically, summer 2022 will probably be the earliest we want to go. Thought I do have Canadian Disneyland tickets that expire in 2021 so we MAY try to plan a quick Cali trip in the Fall of 2021 but probably only if a vaccine is available by then. Just thinking about it makes me depressed...

Realistically? When there is a vaccine. We're also from BC and have gone a number of times in the last 11 years and this will be the longest we have gone between Disney trips since then. It's a lot harder now for us to get away, DS just got accepted into a private IB school this year so vacations will have to depend on his breaks.

We are planning July 2021, but will only go if things are safe. We were suppose to go this summer (with 2 other families) so are still feeling the depression lol. If things are like this summer though who knows!!!

At this point Dec 2021 would be the earliest for us --- and that's only if the quarantine requirements after travel are lifted. Definitely missing our trips (we've gone almost every year since 2003) and this will be the longest stretch we've missed but there's zero chance of us going until it's safer (lower infections, vaccination or therapeutic availability, travel insurance coverage, etc..) and the offerings are not as limited as they currently are (return of shows, fireworks, entertainment, parties, resort options, etc....)

We are also from BC and normally I go down at least once a year, we had 2 trips planned for this year that I still have yet to cancel. One is late October and then in December, I am holding out closer to the date to see if I can get a refund instead of west jet dollars.

We won't be able to go if there is a 14 day mandatory quarantine along with travel insurance and I honestly needs to be in place till a vaccine is out etc. I am hoping next December we will be able to reschedule our trip but it probably will be the December 2022. Hard part is we were planning a trip to World for winter 2022 so not sure what we will do.

IDK if we will ever be able to go back. We had a trip booked for Feb 2020 and then 2021, but cancelled them early on. We will definitely not go prior to either a vaccine or an effective 'cure'/treatment for Covid19.

I am sad as we used to go at least once per year and as often as 3X per year ever since the first year WDW opened. Another casualty of Coronavirus CoV2, I guess.

We cancelled our March break 2020 trip to WDW. Right now, there is no way to know when it will be “safe” to travel again, especially with the way things are heading down there. Will definitely be waiting for a vaccine.

Definitely not 2020 and probably not 2021. We are in Ontario. When we go back, we want to experience all that Disney has to offer, not just some of it. It makes more sense to us to wait until at least 2022 to be sure that everything is open and safe at Disney as well as at airports and on planes. Travel days include 4-hour flights plus airport waits plus buses. Lots to consider. Our safety concerns are not just limited to Disney parks and hotels. Also, not sure I want to be traveling outside of Canada before a vaccine is available.

We are planning on May 2021. Even have flights, hotel and park reservations. But it can all be changed if it’s not safe. This is to replace our cancelled March trip (which I had been planning for over a year). So I really hope we can go then.

Hoping for November 2021 since we have expiring points. Not counting on it though. We will wait for a vaccine as well. My husband won’t be able to isolate for 14 after travel, so that must be lifted. We had six trips scheduled for 2020–it was an annual pass year. Made the January and February trips. Cancelled the rest. If things don’t improve down south with Covid, protests and politics, we won’t be back and we will sell dvc. Maybe we’ll buy a place in Newfoundland. My second favourite vacation spot.

I'm thinking March break 2022 or 2023.

While vaccine research looks promising, and even IF there is an approved vaccine by early 2021 (that some are optimistically hoping for), by the time regular folks like us get access to one. All initial rounds of the vaccine will/should be prioritized to front-line workers (like everyone who's job it is to deal with the public - Medical workers, first responders, teachers, retail workers etc. etc.) so I'm guessing the earliest that mass vaccination is possible to the masses will be late 2021.

I honestly don't know if we will go back. Disney has changed so many things that my DH really liked. When we were planning to go in 2021, we were going to take advantage of SO MANY THINGS that we missed out on. And now they are discontinued.

I showed him the thread where someone had taken a photo of a breakfast menu ($42 for a sausage and waffle) and the look on his face... it was not good.

Coming to the sad conclusion that my answer may be “never.” There are a few reasons. I am now in the high risk group for Covid-19. Disney is more expensive on a daily basis than the cruises I enjoy. I really dislike crowds, especially in the heat. None of my travel companions like Disney enough to go and I’m not sure a solo trip would be enjoyable enough to go.

The earliest we would go back to WDW would be March or July 2022 IF the WH has a different occupant and if they have a better grip on the virus propagation. I have to say that Disneyland Paris is looking more and more attractive to us. Of course, the #1 condition for us to travel again will be if our insurance provider covers us for everything.

I don’t even know anymore. I think I’ve been pretty vocal about my distaste for the current administration and their policies. Add in the reckless and dangerous politicization of Covid .. it seems like an awful lot would need to change before I could consider it again.
The good news is there is a lot of other amazing things to see in the world. I can wait.

We are hoping for July or August 2021 for DLR and November 2022 for WDW. That will all depend on how things are going but fingers crossed!

If it wasn't for the Cdn discounted tickets I bought in 2017, I would say we're probably done with going back. I have no idea now. My oldest is now 16 and my youngest is in competive sports year round. Our window for taking family vacations is getting smaller as they are getting to old to pull out of school. Regretting buying those tickets :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter