So which DVC villas DO have the bath amenities on the wall?

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
I remember seeing a lot of carrying on here on Disboards about shampoo, shower gel, conditioner being put in containers on the wall, and individual little bottles being discontinued. I asked on CCV thread, and apparently they still get the bottles, or tubes.
So what DVC resorts DO have them on the wall? SSR & OKW?
Is it just in value & moderate resorts?
It seems like a good idea to reduce unnecessary plastic, but I confess I do like taking home any bottles we haven't used to continue the trip. Haha.

BWV still had individual bottles back in February 2019, as did the Dolphin.

We had to change our next stay to a Poly DVC unit sincecwe had to reschedule our May 2019 BWV stay. I hope someone responds to this thread so I know what to expect.

We got individual bottles at BWV back in April. Then we transferred to AKV-Jambo and had the dispensers in the bathtub.

We stayed at SSR in May - Grandstand. Our building had soap and little bottles but our friend stayed in the next building and had the dispensers. I recycle everything under the sun and always have but those dispensers gross me out. There is no such thing as tamper proof and who knows if those have been sanitized between fillings. Just because it is soap does not mean it is sanitary and in a steamy shower yuck. This development made me hold off on adding on any more points. The other thing that got to me is the paper plates and cups in the studio were not microwaveable so forget reheating coffee or making a cup of tea. Went to Walmart and bought bowls and mugs to use.

OKW had dispensers in Feb 2019...shampoo, conditioner & body wash only, bar of soap and lotion were in individual boxes/bottles on the counter

I suspect dispensers are mixed at any given resort. A resort not being refurbed, they install as time and personnel permit.

We were in BLT & BCV just this week and they had individual bottles not on wall.

Heading to HHI now and I wonder what they have. I THINK VB had the wall dispensers when we were there in Feb.

I understand the whole “save the planet” thing but the more I see videos of idiots licking crap in stores the more I think I’ll bring my own soap and shampoo!

But two major differences would be that soap and shampoo are meant to clean the exact sort of germs that would be involved in a lick, and the really important difference of you don't eat soap, so a little spit really wouldn't hurt you anyway.

But two major differences would be that soap and shampoo are meant to clean the exact sort of germs that would be involved in a lick, and the really important difference of you don't eat soap, so a little spit really wouldn't hurt you anyway.

I only used the “lick” as an example of how perverse people can be. I’m not worried about people licking liquid, obviously. I am concerned about what people may put in the dispensers “in the name of fun”.

I only used the “lick” as an example of how perverse people can be. I’m not worried about people licking liquid, obviously. I am concerned about what people may put in the dispensers “in the name of fun”.

Yes but if I remember the design correctly, the top locks in and only housekeeping can then open it to refill it. If they were tampered with, it would be evident.
I bring along an extra dishwashing pod and wash all of the dishes when I get into my DVC room for the same reason you are thinking of, but I am pretty sure Disney thought of the possible downsides, and potential lawsuits that could accompany them, before moving to this model.

I guess you may have to request a room without the dispensers?

I would pay a few more points a night for this.

Yes but if I remember the design correctly, the top locks in and only housekeeping can then open it to refill it. If they were tampered with, it would be evident.
I bring along an extra dishwashing pod and wash all of the dishes when I get into my DVC room for the same reason you are thinking of, but I am pretty sure Disney thought of the possible downsides, and potential lawsuits that could accompany them, before moving to this model.

We discussed this back when this was first announced. Sadly for under 10 bucks you can buy the key online to open these despensers. It’s a pretty universal one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!