So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

So I was just thinking that I’d hold out to see what happens for my FP window in July but then it hit me - I have a December trip planned that I’m not even thinking about whether or not I’ll cancel yet. BUT my ADR window for that trip opens mid June. And the big reason we planned it was to see decorations and do upscale dining. What if the ADR system is still all wacko and I can’t snag my must have restaurants that are extremely hard to get? Now I’ll have to add considering canceling that trip too. Boo.

July 18-26 at Pop, Free Dining from rescheduled trip in March. Not sure what we're doing. Right now we're waiting to see how Disney handles the reservation system and ADRs. We have the flights, my husband has the vacation time, and it's hard to give up free dining. So we'll wait a bit longer. Good to know they will actually be open on our dates, though.

Originally ASMu 7/07-7/18. It is a little more than interesting that Disney is opening the resorts and parks a couple of days AFTER the arrival cut-off date of the original 2020 free Dining Plan promotion. If we have to shift our arrival date and they don't allow us to keep the free dining plan, we will probably cancel.

And yes, all their systems are down at the moment (just hung up 2 minutes ago after talking with a CM) so nobody is doing anything at the moment :crazy2:

And yes, all their systems are down at the moment (just hung up 2 minutes ago after talking with a CM) so nobody is doing anything at the moment :crazy2:
I also have an early July arrival, I wonder if they will allow to shift dates right now.

I switched my August 16-22 Fort Wilderness Cabin stay to December 13th -19th last weekend. I'm glad I went ahead and made the switch before the announcement. Not only am I not sure its worth all of the money with the current restrictions, I teach school, so I don't think my parents or admin would have appreciated me walking around Disney one week and hopping right back to school the next. (assuming there is school--sigh).

Anyway, fingers crossed that some restrictions are eased by December.

9/12 - 9/24 at AKV Kidani ---- Very strongly leaning towards canceling. I would be traveling with my 80+ year old Mom and not feeling good about that. But I will make a final decision in July so I can cancel and then bank my points.

7/14 - 7/17 at VGC ---- Have serious doubts that Disneyland or its resorts will be open. I am not sure we would want to go into the parks anyway. But if the resort is open, I am seriously leaning towards going for a Staycation to look at 4 different walls! And have a different area to walk around in. But I am local, so not a big deal to head over there for a few days.

Pop Century for 9/1-8; free dining offer; 7-day park hoppers; booked on 1/2. Will keep for now, and see what changes. Not too interested if no parades, no fireworks, no character M&G, no pin trading, and shorter hours. Why would I pay a hefty price for the 'free dining' offer, and not get the all the regular/normal experiences? Something would need to entice me to keep my package. Like an appropriate refund from Disney.

Sept 9-15 Poly, we rented points. We have six day hoppers. We will be keeping it because we can't get a refund on our hotel and honestly I need a DIsney trip. It'll be different than other trips but I think we will still enjoy ourselves. I am glad I convinced my husband to get a rental car back when I made the reservations.

We have our vacation booked for August. Our final payment day is in August.

And the way things are going, we'll be either canceling or rescheduling for January.

I cannot imagine wearing a face mask in the heat & humidity in August.

I want to reschedule. My husband wants to cancel the trip and vacation in Seattle instead.

My boys don't seem to care either way.

just cancelled sep 5-12, coming from Canada so being proactive. keeping Nov as of now.

Sept 9-15 Poly, we rented points. We have six day hoppers. We will be keeping it because we can't get a refund on our hotel and honestly I need a DIsney trip. It'll be different than other trips but I think we will still enjoy ourselves. I am glad I convinced my husband to get a rental car back when I made the reservations.

We also have hoppers which we're keeping until further notice. If we have to/choose to drop down to 1-park a day I assume Disney will let us do that, if hopping isn't allowed/practical?

We also have hoppers which we're keeping until further notice. If we have to/choose to drop down to 1-park a day I assume Disney will let us do that, if hopping isn't allowed/practical?

Yeah, I'm just waiting and seeing what happens. I think our hoppers added about $240 to our trip. If we can't hop I hope they refund the difference, I'd be fine with a gift card to use there. I'm trying not to stress too much since our trip is a ways off.

Early Aug booked. We have to drop the kid off at college anyway. Probably just keep it. it’s not the trip of a lifetime; just a short stop in Florida.

Cancelled for July 13-24. Although we had made this decision a few days ago; the masks in July were a deal-breaker for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts