So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

According to an email I got from another Disney Blogger, WDW will be making my decision for me, canceling my free DDP trip in early Sept and offering a 35% discount on a future trip. I’m a confirmed free DDP kinda gal. Have used it since 2006 and I ALWAYS come out on top with it. Not sure what my future trips will look like as I suspect free DDP will never return. :-(

Last edited:
Keeping my reservations for OKW 8/30 -09/05 for now. I already have park tickets. I had dining reservations throughout the week that are not canceled yet but I assume they will and I can rebook once I have the ominous park reservations.

We have reservations for late October. Waiting to see the final results before making a decision on whether to go or not. I would like to as I would like lower crowds. I am not cancelling right now until all information has been announced.

September Aoa - keeping for now, but waiting to see what discount will be applied. We had rack rate with free dining since our original trip was canceled.

Are they going to apply a different discount? Although mine does still show in my MDE, I understood that the free DDP reservation would be canceled completely and we would be offered 35% off a FUTURE visit.

Keeping 12/19-12/24 Wilderness Lodge, Club Level, with free dining (bounce back offer from last October). Absolutely not going if face masks are mandatory.

WELL... lol... :rolleyes1...I may be eating my written words. Based off of last night's reduced experience information, there's been serious discussion about us not going. I booked our flights yesterday (on points) and then BAM -- Disney made a set of serious announcements. I'm going to sit back and watch and read and listen and discuss over the next few months before making any decisions. Still absolutely not going if face masks are mandatory. :tigger: Sigh....

We are staying at POP Aug 29-Sept 4. So far we are still keeping it, but if they don’t offer any sort of incentive to still come as we booked with free dining (back in January) and we upgraded to DDP, we will cancel. With the Canadian dollar where it’s is at now, we won’t be able to afford to now pay all our food out of pocket when we booked knowing it was free.

7/25-8/1 WL: Still Debating but leaning more towards keeping.

Waiting for official answers on:
- Guarantee we can get in the park(s) every day of our stay. (We are okay with not park hopping, just want reassurance we will get in a park each day.)
- Guaranteed re-admittance to park(s) later in the day if we leave for a rest mid-day.
- List of closed attractions.
- Ride queuing. (How will it work? If virtual, how does that work?)
- Resort pools are open.
- How transportation is going to operate. (What will be running and at what capacities)
- How theme park and resort TS restaurants will be working reservations. (Can I walk in? can I make more reservations?)
- Continuation of allowing off site grocery/item order delivery. (Amazon Prime Now etc.)

We have APs and visit close to quarterly, so we are fairly relaxed on how we vacation at WDW. If we get on every ride we wanted to see, great! If not, it's no big deal. Since this whole thing started, we have gotten so many things caught up and done around the house that we're finally to the point that we can relax in the evenings and weekends. I swear that we have accomplished more in the past 2.5 months than we have in the past 5 years. Like most, life has been a big shift for us from busy all the time and never home to being home all the time. I think a trip, no matter how modified it might be to others would feel like a great vacation to us.

Last weekend it got fairly hot around my neck of the woods so we all decided to put masks on and do some yard work and other things outdoors to see if we could manage it. I figured if we can't stand it for a few hours during upper 80 deg weather, theres no chance we're going to make it in Florida at the end of July. We faired pretty well for the initial test. We decided that the fishing buffs, or neck gaiters are a little better fit for us than some of the heavier cotton masks my wife made. We might have a few more testing days between now an then and see how that goes before making our 100% commitment.

We have many of the same questions. Our split stay at AKL and Copper Creek begins August 11 and for now we're waiting for more info. We were always one-park-a-day people so re-admittence is especially important as we take midday breaks.

Several news articles are saying that the Monorail & Ferry boats will be open but on a limited basis.

Any word on bus transportation? (that's what we use mostly when we're at the WL & BWI, though we could use boat transportation)

Several news articles are saying that the Monorail & Ferry boats will be open but on a limited basis.

Any word on bus transportation? (that's what we use mostly when we're at the WL & BWI, though we could use boat transportation)
You could get to MK from WL and then I guess Epcot by monorail. But how would you be able to get to HS or AK by anything other than bus? For AK I feel like bus is the only way to get there from any resort unless you get a Minnie Van

Quick question, for those that are getting the 35% off for a future visit, what are the terms of the discount? Is it date specific? Require you to be on a package? Have the DDP? Can it be combined with other offers/military/teacher discounts?

We have room only at the end of August and FD at Christmas. Probably cancelling both trips at this point. Just glad I didn't buy airfare yesterday for the December trip.

Quick question, for those that are getting the 35% off for a future visit, what are the terms of the discount? Is it date specific? Require you to be on a package? Have the DDP? Can it be combined with other offers/military/teacher discounts?
I want to know about dates too. Wondering if there will be blackout dates...

FL resident annual passholder (we live 3 hours away) was going End of March and July 4 weekend but that was cancelled. Still have July 22-26 (All star movies) and my sister is coming July 24-26. Also we have labor day weekend (Beach club) and sept 16-21 (Boulder Ridge) No plans of cancelling. Had not bought my sisters tix yet so if we end up not being able to get tix for her then we will just go to LEGOLAND or something like that for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter