So you bought DVC what are you gonna do next?? A September birthday PTR *Updated 8/24

MissMaryQC

DIS Veteran

So you bought DVC, what are you going to do next?!
WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

giphy.gif

Hey folks it’s me, Mary. You know the woman who can’t make up her mind about her vacation and has no input from family who are vacationing with her! Well, as I’m sure you’ve assumed from the title we’re heading back!

200.gif
Long story short, mom took a DVC tour when we went last September, fell in love and purchased points at Copper Creek. You’d think I’d find out cause she told me, but no, I found out when a DVC rep called me asking me when I’d like to book…

giphy.gif
My eventually emailed me saying she wants to go for Elora’s birthday again. I said I guess
uP4WsLB.gif

And started planning this thing.

By planning I mean I booked rooms, and have been going back and forth about what we wanna do, where we wanna eat and what special thing we’re gonna do for DD, cause, ya know, two birthdays in a row at WDW just isn’t special enough.
As usual, I’m getting ahead of myself, let’s talk casting on this crazy adventure.
There’s me:

I’m Mary, mom, wife, daughter and recently signed authorized vacation planner; I do it for free, why not get paid?

Coming along, begrudgingly, as always (I kid), is my darling husband Guido

Guido doesn’t like crowds, or heat or expensive stuff, so Disney is not his thing. BUT he loves Wilderness Lodge, and he’ll do anything our daughter asks him to; he wore a dress for Halloween.

The star of this show, also as always, is our daughter Elora Darling

She’s 3 and crazy as all hell. Independent, headstrong, full of energy; she’s gonna rule the world someday, but right now I’d just like her to sit still and eat her vegetables.

Also on this trip will be my wonderful mother Betsey and my baby sister Kat!

We’re booked in a two-bedroom villa at Copper Creek from Saturday September 8-Saturday September 15, but right now, that’s all I got!
Stay tuned for more insane stuff, many changes, as always, and probably some funny pictures of my kid.

Be well friends! Thanks for stopping by!

Let's talk about food and stuff!

So food is always a huge part of these trips for me. I love to eat and try new stuff, and Disney has so many great options. We all agree we'd like to keep our ADR count low this time, try out some QS spots. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

Magic Kingdom:
??
Not really much here I haven't done, but want to do, as far as dining goes. We may do another CP meal, maybe breakfast this time, but that will depend on what park hours say for our week.

Animal Kingdom:
Satu'li Canteen is my top spot as I wasn't able to go in 2017

Yak and Yeti probably just the QS option
I do also wanna try the Harambe market place, but that's a lot of eats at one park
Mom wants to do Tusker House again, but I'm trying to talk her out of it...

Epcot:
We are gonna be early for Food&Wine I think, so we may just try a few spots in the World Showcase for snacks, cocktails and stuff.
I would like to eat at Tepan Edo, but that may have to wait for another trip

Hollywood Studios:
Woody's Lunchbox, which I know will likely be a kid spot, but I still wanna try it!
Sci-Fi Dine-In, we've been, many time, but E's never been and I think she'd like it. Plus with the park theme changing, I fear for it's existence.
I'm also interested in the Fantasmic! dessert thing. It just looks like something I'd enjoy, [plus I've never done it and I wanna try some new stuff!

Resorts:
Wanna do and 'Ohana dinner, cause we've never been
Hoop Dee Do, which may have to wait for another visit
Trattorio al DForno, I know, we just did it in 2017, but I loved it so much! And I'd like to do it and not feel super rushed to get into a park cause a hurricane is looming on the horizon.

It's a big list, and needs to be cut down, but I won't have a clearer picture until official park hours are released. My mom and sister are pretty busy with work and stuff these days, so I'm sorta on my own here. Looking at the crowd predictions I think we won't run into too much traffic in the parks, but with Toy Story Land scheduled to open this summer, I'm wondering if that won't impact these early predictions. As of now, I have us hopping, a lot, with no full days off; gonna test the half park day theory and see how we do.

Elora wants to do Pirates League so we have to schedule that, and I was considering trying out one of the fireworks cruises, thoughts?

That's the discombobulated and totally random "plan" I've got worked out so far. We'll see how it all comes together!

TTFN friends!

Yay! I love planning! I am theoretically planning our trip in August before DS turns 3 and costs $$. I have 3 days to convince DH to at least let me book so that I can make the ADRs I want to do at 180 days. *fingers crossed* I love food, so the first part of this PTR is right up my alley.

We may do another CP meal, maybe breakfast this time

CP breakfast is probably my favorite MK meal, but then again, I don't love most of the MK restaurants. We haven't done it with DS, so it's on my theoretical plans.

I still don't know about this. While I like food, I'm also quite picky and don't eat a lot of *different* food.

Tusker House lunch was the best decision we made all trip last year, but that's probably because it was park day 3 (in a row...what were we thinking?!) and DS (20 months at the time) was not napping that day. I find it a very nice air conditioned break at AK.

I would like to eat at Tepan Edo, but that may have to wait for another trip

I love a good Japanese Steakhouse, but we have some good ones around home, so that's never a priority for us.

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE 'Ohana. Love the food, love the ambience, love the people. We have had some issues there our last 2 times (DH eating issues once, a super fussy DS the second), and the staff has gone above and beyond to try and help out. DS is the pickiest child alive, though, so right now, it's not in my theoretical plans.

Trattorio al DForno, I know, we just did it in 2017, but I loved it so much!

I'm dying to try this breakfast. My theoretical plans have it as breakfast the day we will leave. Rapunzel is my faaaaaaaavorite.

Yay! I love planning! I am theoretically planning our trip in August before DS turns 3 and costs $$. I have 3 days to convince DH to at least let me book so that I can make the ADRs I want to do at 180 days. *fingers crossed* I love food, so the first part of this PTR is right up my alley.

I hope you guys get to go. I wish I’d taken E more before she was 3; the cost is really a lot more. I find that coming to my husband with numbers always helps my case, lol!

CP breakfast is probably my favorite MK meal, but then again, I don't love most of the MK restaurants. We haven't done it with DS, so it's on my theoretical plans.

That’s great! I love CP, breakfast or dinner! And I agree MK is lacking in great places to eat.

I still don't know about this. While I like food, I'm also quite picky and don't eat a lot of *different* food.

That’s my concern with this choice for DH. He’ll generally try stuff, but he knows what he likes, and that’s what he likes. It looks so interesting to me! The Boba balls!!

Tusker House lunch was the best decision we made all trip last year, but that's probably because it was park day 3 (in a row...what were we thinking?!) and DS (20 months at the time) was not napping that day. I find it a very nice air conditioned break at AK.

I adore TH! One of my favorite character meals. But we’ve done it every trip in recent years, I’m ready to switch it up a bit!

I love a good Japanese Steakhouse, but we have some good ones around home, so that's never a priority for us.

I’ve yet to find a good one near us. In our area there’s mostly middle eastern food or polish food, I love both, but I miss the variety we had in Florida. Plus I feel like a Disney Habachi has got to be a fun one!

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE 'Ohana. Love the food, love the ambience, love the people. We have had some issues there our last 2 times (DH eating issues once, a super fussy DS the second), and the staff has gone above and beyond to try and help out. DS is the pickiest child alive, though, so right now, it's not in my theoretical plans.

I’ve only been to ‘Ohana for breakfast and it was great! I’ve heard dinner is also delicious, I’m a little bummed it’s not with characters but I understand why. I can imagine having a picky eater would make that spot a no go!

I'm dying to try this breakfast. My theoretical plans have it as breakfast the day we will leave. Rapunzel is my faaaaaaaavorite.

Do iiiiit! I loved this meal in 2017, but we were rushing off to the parks cause of the storm. This is totally on my top 3 gmfave places to eat in WDW!

I feel like DH is half on board. He understands how much more it will be after DS turns 3. I did convince him to sign up for the Disney Visa, pointing out that we could earn rewards to use AND the last 2 years, they have offered free dining the week we are looking for. Also, he put the dates he needed off on his board at work. It might be working!

Do iiiiit! I loved this meal in 2017, but we were rushing off to the parks cause of the storm. This is totally on my top 3 gmfave places to eat in WDW!

I just hope that DS does better with the princesses. He wanted the book they were signing last year and was NOT having anything to do with them.

Guido doesn’t like crowds, or heat or expensive stuff, so Disney is not his thing. BUT he loves Wilderness Lodge, and he’ll do anything our daughter asks him to; he wore a dress for Halloween.
I love the fact that Guido wore a costume for the Halloween party. Did you get a lot of comments?

We love the Wilderness Lodge, too and are very excited to be going back there in a little more than two weeks. I can't wait to see the new villas pool from the inside. It was under construction when we were there last year. But Geyser Point was open and we fell in love with that restaurant. :)

The star of this show, also as always, is our daughter Elora Darling
She is very adorable. ::yes::

Hoop Dee Do, which may have to wait for another visit
We took our grandchildren when they were age 3 and 5 and they loved it. :)

Trattorio al DForno, I know, we just did it in 2017, but I loved it so much! And I'd like to do it and not feel super rushed to get into a park cause a hurricane is looming on the horizon.
Trattoria al Fprna is one of our favorite dinner spots, too.

Last edited:

I feel like DH is half on board. He understands how much more it will be after DS turns 3. I did convince him to sign up for the Disney Visa, pointing out that we could earn rewards to use AND the last 2 years, they have offered free dining the week we are looking for. Also, he put the dates he needed off on his board at work. It might be working!

Score, we have yet to sign up for the visa, DH doesn’t see the value when’s we get better cash back options on other cards, whomp-whomp. I’m glad your hubby is on board! Asking for the time off is my husband’s tell!

I just hope that DS does better with the princesses. He wanted the book they were signing last year and was NOT having anything to do with them.

Oh no! I’ve heard that some kiddos don’t do well with the face characters. Maybe he’ll like the guys and that’ll make the girls a little easier to warm up to? Even if he doesn’t, the food and service there is so worth a visit. Just the pastry plate is divine!

I love the fact that Guido wore a costume for the Halloween party. Did you get a lot of comments?

He will do anything DD asks of him, within reason. Lots of folks recognized us, we even ran into another fella dressed as Sarah Sanderson! I’ve got a photo of it on our TR, I’d post it again, but I’m on the tablet and it’s near impossible!

We love the Wilderness Lodge, too and are very excited to be going back there in a little more than two weeks. I can't wait to see the new villas pool from the inside. It was under construction when we were there last year. But Geyser Point was open and we fell in love with that restaurant. :)

I’m so excited to be in the villas! It’s my first DVC visit. We weren’t huge fans of Geyser Point when we went in March of 2017, and cause of Irma it wasn’t open for the latter half of the September trip, if memory serves. But I’m glad to give it another go! Do you know if they allow refillable mug refills there??

She is very adorable. ::yes::

Thank you! We sure like her.:blush:

We took our grandchildren when they were age 3 and 5 and they loved it. :)

I think DD will enjoy it, and it wouldn’t break my heart if DH skipped it, cause it’s really not his type of place.

Trattoria al Fprna is one of our favorite dinner spots, too.

Good to know! I’d never even had the restaurant on my radar until the breakfast started.

I made it over!!!! I just have to say congrats again on planning another trip! And I am still jealous?!!? But at least I can live vicariously through you for now!

You’d think I’d find out cause she told me, but no, I found out when a DVC rep called me asking me when I’d like to book…

giphy.gif
Wait, did she buy it when she did the tour!? and didn't tell you! I wouldn't be able to keep that in!

By planning I mean I booked rooms, and have been going back and forth about what we wanna do, where we wanna eat and what special thing we’re gonna do for DD, cause, ya know, two birthdays in a row at WDW just isn’t special enough.
I would love to take both girls to Disney World on there birthdays, but Gwen is July 19th. I don't know if we would survive the summer heat.

I still love that he is willing to dress up for E! So cute!

but right now I’d just like her to sit still and eat her vegetables.
Isn't that the wish of all parents of 3 year olds!

Sci-Fi Dine-In, we've been, many time, but E's never been and I think she'd like it. Plus with the park theme changing, I fear for it's existence.
I think the same thing. I don't see it staying forever. It will have to go away at some point. I love it. I hope we can do it one more time.

I'm also interested in the Fantasmic! dessert thing. It just looks like something I'd enjoy, [plus I've never done it and I wanna try some new stuff!
I highly recommend it! I like that you get to just take your deserts to your seats. I will pressure to eat enough while you are in the room before heading out. This is more relaxed. In a way.

I wanted to try this when we were there, sadly I got out voted. :(

Sooooo good! The breakfast was actually good. And Flynn Rider was the best!

Ohana is Andy's new favorite restaurant in Disney, I think. It is $$$ but it will def be on our list for our next trip, whenever that may be.

Elora wants to do Pirates League so we have to schedule that
Ohhhh do it! I want to see how you like it! I think the girls would like to do the mermaid face paint. E seems like she would love that more than BBB. For sure.

I’m here!

We may do another CP meal, maybe breakfast this time,
I love CP breakfast! It’s almost like a tradition...though this June we are trying the PPO at BOG just to get an extra ride or two on 7D since we just have the one park day.

I love the breakfast here!

Ohana dinner,
On my list for the future.

Hoop Dee Do,
Got this one booked for June!

Trattorio al DForno,
Again, on my list.

Elora wants to do Pirates League
I had AJ scheduled for this in 2016 but ended up canceling. I need to get this on the list for both boys one year.

I made it over!!!! I just have to say congrats again on planning another trip! And I am still jealous?!!? But at least I can live vicariously through you for now!

:welcome: Live vicariously, don't make the mistakes I'm certain to make, lol! Glad you're here!

Wait, did she buy it when she did the tour!? and didn't tell you! I wouldn't be able to keep that in!

Not quite, she asked me for my DVC guy's (yes I have a DVC guy, been thinking about it for years) email in November, I think. Then suddenly I get this call from Bill in Mid-January reminding me about the special rates, and like a week later he's calling me again to get my info for the sale. She is the ultimate secret keeper though. She went on a cruise the summer after I turned 13 and left me and my sis with my grandma, that year for Christmas she gave us both pearl earrings and a necklace, from the islands she visited on the cruise.

I would love to take both girls to Disney World on there birthdays, but Gwen is July 19th. I don't know if we would survive the summer heat.

From a former Floridian, don't go in the summer, ever. It's oppressive. Like so hot and humid (it is a swamp) you can't breath. But you guys can celebrate whenever you go! I know two months is more than a week, but is it really? It's still not her actual birthday!

I still love that he is willing to dress up for E! So cute!

He is such a good daddy, maybe too doting, but I think fathers are with their girls.

Isn't that the wish of all parents of 3 year olds!

::yes::

I think the same thing. I don't see it staying forever. It will have to go away at some point. I love it. I hope we can do it one more time.

I can't imagine how it'd fit in. It's in a studio hanger type building. Maybe if they played clips of the Star Wars movies, but I doubt it. Makes me sad cause I've always loved it, since MGM.:sad1:

I highly recommend it! I like that you get to just take your deserts to your seats. I will pressure to eat enough while you are in the room before heading out. This is more relaxed. In a way.

Yep! I've seen a few great reviews on it. Admittedly it's costly for a tray and a special seat, but I prefer it over some of the other options.

I wanted to try this when we were there, sadly I got out voted. :(

I'll let you know if it's worth pulling the "I birthed you" card next trip.

Sooooo good! The breakfast was actually good. And Flynn Rider was the best!

RIGHT?! I feel like I need to go again.

Ohana is Andy's new favorite restaurant in Disney, I think. It is $$$ but it will def be on our list for our next trip, whenever that may be.

The $$ is a worry for me with DH, but he is a meat man, so I'm hoping that will draw him in.

Ohhhh do it! I want to see how you like it! I think the girls would like to do the mermaid face paint. E seems like she would love that more than BBB. For sure.

Totally! I showed her both and she wanted to be made into Mal at BBB... I'll take video, the whole 9 yards!
Following along! :wave:

Glad you're here!!:welcome:

I’m here!

:welcome: Glad you're following along!!

I love CP breakfast! It’s almost like a tradition...though this June we are trying the PPO at BOG just to get an extra ride or two on 7D since we just have the one park day.

That's a good call; you're so close to 7DMT from BoG, and we liked the breakfast there.

I love the breakfast here!

Never done breakfast... maybe that's an option for a PPO...

On my list for the future.

:thumbsup2::yes::

Got this one booked for June!

I REALLY wanna do it. Did you book the 6 PM for the boys?

Again, on my list.

:thumbsup2::yes::

I had AJ scheduled for this in 2016 but ended up canceling. I need to get this on the list for both boys one year.

The videos on YouTube make it look like such fun!! Elora wants to do the bearded pirate or a mermaid. I bet the boys would love it!

It's always fun having a Disney trip booked! We've been multiple times in Sept, but up until recently, we've been hooked on December. Loving following the planning process!

2 reviews! Woo Hoo!

I've read nothing but great things about this experience. I'm excited fro E to go!

Following along! We're going the week before you!

:welcome:Thanks for following along! Where are you guys staying?

It's always fun having a Disney trip booked! We've been multiple times in Sept, but up until recently, we've been hooked on December. Loving following the planning process!

I couldn't agree more! It's nice having a trip in the future, no matter how far. My SiL LOVES Disney in December, I fear the crowds. Thanks for following and :welcome:

Not much to report in plan news, I think I know where we want to eat and I'm considering doing at least one, maybe two dessert party type things. Waiting, impatiently for hours to come out so the real planning can begin!

It's Not Quite and Update...

but we had our first monthly movie night!

Elora knows about this trip, and is very excited. But being 3 her concept of time is non-existant; everything in the furture is in 2 days and the past is Saturday...??

So as a way to cope with the wait we decided we will do one themed dinner and a movie night each month. This month we did...

STAR WARS!!

E had never seen it, but knows about it from Clone Wars and games on the DInsye app.

We made Bantha "Kebabas" and Bantha milk, and my super creative Yoda Rice, which is literally white rice with food coloring.

I also made TIE Fighters, but they didn't turn out...

Must try this again.

We spent the day making a few crafts and decorating the living room

It was a super fun night and Elora made it through most of the movie. See, we wanted to watch Return of the Jedi, cause it's more engaging, but E wanted to watch New Hope. She was still mostly, and watched from the side once her attention couldn't be held anymore.

Also, Bantha milk with rum, is delicious.

Not sure what we're gonna do next month, possibly Toy Story since they announced the opening date of ToyStoryLAnd!

Be well friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!