Soarin’ from international gateway?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
We have 9:45 Akershus reservations and using our tier 1 FP on Frozen. If we’re at the International Gateway at 9 when the park opens and head straight for Soarin, is there usually a terrible wait already?

Unless you're incredibly fast, the crowd from the main entrance will beat you to Soarin'. I would change your FP to Soarin' and RD Frozen and then you could probably fit in meeting Anna and Elsa if you wanted before your Akershus ADR

a terrible wait

Depends on what you think terrible is. I don't think you will have any issues getting to your ADR on time. That being said, I wouldn't get to the IG at 9 am...I would be there closer to 8:25. You will experience holding points along the way and will be beaten there by the guests who enter at the front of the park but at that time, the wait will be very, very minimal because of the capacity.

Switching your FP+ to Soarin (after breakfast) and rope dropping FEA is a less stressful IMO plan as the PP indicated. Now, if thats not an option, I think you're good...it's just a but more walking and a bit more rigid in terms of arrival and timing.

Rope droppers from the main gate as well as people with pre-park opening breakfasts at Garden Grill will have beat you to the Soarin line. I agree with PP that I would switch the FPs if you can, because it does make more sense to visit Frozen first with your schedule. Much less walking also.

If that's not an option, try the refresh strategy for a Soarin FP after you use your first three. Of the major rides at Epcot, Soarin was the easiest one for us to get as a 4th FP in October.

We RD Soarin' from the IG regularly and usually see 10 mins listed on the stand by line. We wouldn't do it if the wait exceeded that by much.

Bill From PA

Unless you're incredibly fast, the crowd from the main entrance will beat you to Soarin'. I would change your FP to Soarin' and RD Frozen and then you could probably fit in meeting Anna and Elsa if you wanted before your Akershus ADR

Oh that’s a good tip! Can you meet Anna and Elsa as well before 9:45? Because I know typically world showcase opens at like 11?

Also, do you know if you can rider swap Soarin’?

Depends on what you think terrible is. I don't think you will have any issues getting to your ADR on time. That being said, I wouldn't get to the IG at 9 am...I would be there closer to 8:25. You will experience holding points along the way and will be beaten there by the guests who enter at the front of the park but at that time, the wait will be very, very minimal because of the capacity.

Switching your FP+ to Soarin (after breakfast) and rope dropping FEA is a less stressful IMO plan as the PP indicated. Now, if thats not an option, I think you're good...it's just a but more walking and a bit more rigid in terms of arrival and timing.

Yeah I think we are going to do that! Do we have to wait at International Gateway entrance exactly at 9 or do they let you in before 9? I don’t think we’ve ever “rope dropped” before lol. But our toddler is obsessed with Frozen and my husband is obsessed with Soarin’ so I’m trying to please them both lol.

Oh that’s a good tip! Can you meet Anna and Elsa as well before 9:45? Because I know typically world showcase opens at like 11?

Also, do you know if you can rider swap Soarin’?

Yup they start meeting at 9 am!

I believe they do!

We have done that several times, RD from IG and go to Soarin'. Rarely more than a 10 minute wait if that. But, we also walk fast.
Usually Soarin', then LWTL and SE before 10:15.
Soarin line moves much faster since opening the third theater.

Soarin will not have a long wait. You'll be perfectly fine heading there right at 9. You'll likely have a 5-20 min wait.

Then you can easily head to your reservation and then your Frozen FP

Soarin' is easy to get as a 4th FP, I wouldn't stress about rope dropping it. And yes, they do rider switch there.

We have 9:45 Akershus reservations and using our tier 1 FP on Frozen. If we’re at the International Gateway at 9 when the park opens and head straight for Soarin, is there usually a terrible wait already?

We did this our last trip (early May last year) We were at the International Gateway about 8:45 and went straight to Soarin', rode twice, and were done by 9:30. Basically a walk on both times. Also got Soarin' as a later fastpass with relative ease.

I've done it a few times from the IG. Twice we had just a 10-minute wait. The one time I was by myself, I was able to walk very quickly and somehow was able to walk straight to the Land Pavillion while the main entrance guests were still being held back. I was on the first ride of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter