Soaring tour shut out streak continues

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
There may be something said for consistency, but this isn’t it lol

This am, called on the dot to try to book for 2 people first week in October. Once again, was entirely booked. I really wish they’d start charging a small fee for the tour, believe it would open it up availability.

Have lost count of how many times I’ve tried, but ranges from anywhere from 4 to 7 times per year.

At least I’ve been able to grab all the member after hour events I’ve wanted, along with the 3rd of July party.:thumbsup2

What bothers me is how do they penalize the people who book it, but then don't show up? I remember another tour that didn't charge a no show fee (the Lunch with an Animal Keeper didn't at first). There was a limit of 15 people, but only 4 showed up. And of the 4 who showed up, one was a wife who had been told that the tour could only take one more (her DH), but she showed up anyways. Good thing she did!

There may be something said for consistency, but this isn’t it lol

This am, called on the dot to try to book for 2 people first week in October. Once again, was entirely booked. I really wish they’d start charging a small fee for the tour, believe it would open it up availability.

Have lost count of how many times I’ve tried, but ranges from anywhere from 4 to 7 times per year.

At least I’ve been able to grab all the member after hour events I’ve wanted, along with the 3rd of July party.:thumbsup2

Could you give more info on the 3rd or July party? The only think I saw was the new Toy Story thing? Is it that or something different? Thanks

Has anyone actually gotten it? I’ve seen on the boards that some people think it doesn’t actually exist. Thoughts?
I booked it and went, and there were four in my party, maybe two years ago. There were no no shows as I remember.

I've done the members tour of Soarin at DL. It was pretty cool! The CM who booked it for me was so excited that she was able to grab a spot for me and my hubs lol. It was the first time she had ever gotten a spot!

We have had zero luck with the tour at WDW but were able to reserve the tour at DL two weeks out! I have often wondered if the EPCOT tour is more popular because its before the park opens where as the one in DCA is mid-morning.

Has anyone actually gotten it? I’ve seen on the boards that some people think it doesn’t actually exist. Thoughts?

Haha I’m always down for a good conspiracy story but several regulars here (Bobbi above:wave2:) were lucky

Could you give more info on the 3rd or July party? The only think I saw was the new Toy Story thing? Is it that or something different? Thanks

It’s been offered since ‘15 I believe, paid event. Dessert party and you can watch the FW. Will look for last year’s link & post back i find it.

Re woody’s roundup...i tried for hours online, kept getting to the dreaded lady & tramp paws

Called disney dining around 7:30 pm and had my choice of all three nights, woot!

We have had zero luck with the tour at WDW but were able to reserve the tour at DL two weeks out! I have often wondered if the EPCOT tour is more popular because its before the park opens where as the one in DCA is mid-morning.

Likely

Haha I’m always down for a good conspiracy story but several regulars here (Bobbi above:wave2:) were lucky

It’s been offered since ‘15 I believe, paid event. Dessert party and you can watch the FW. Will look for last year’s link & post back i find it.

Re woody’s roundup...i tried for hours online, kept getting to the dreaded lady & tramp paws

Called disney dining around 7:30 pm and had my choice of all three nights, woot!

Likely

Thank you so much! We want to attend the dessert party at the contemporary to watch the fireworks on 7/3. I cannot seem to find a lot of info on it.

I also tried to get in to the Soarin tour with no luck. When I called I asked about the age limit, since online it said you had to be 16. The cm on the phone did not know of an age limit and would have booked it for all 4 of us, but there was no availability for 4. There was no availability for 2 either.

So then I wondered if people under 16 were taking spots up, that would not be able to attend? For anyone who has done this, did there seem to be an age limit? From reading this thread everyone will probably be 16 by the time we find availability anyway, so it may not matter.

So, to book the Soarin' tour, you have to call DVC MS, which opens at 9:00 AM, right? Does the booking window open 180 days before the day of the tour, or 180 days before the start of your room reservation (like ADRs)?

We were able to book it in California in 2016 and it was phenomenal. We had about 10 people in our group. Haven't tried WDW, but I seriously wonder why they don't somehow increase the number who can attend or the number of times a day it can be offered. It was free in our case, but is actually worth a small nominal fee, alternatively a no-show fee, as previously suggested.

After many attempts we were able to take the tour. We were disappointed because the tour did not meet our expectations.

We waited for everyone to show up. A couple extras were allowed to join us who came with their friends. It was a walking tour through a few cast only gates and eventually through a back entrance to enter the soaring ride. I can’t even remember anything the guide shared with us along the walking tour.
We entered the ride first (ahead of people waiting in line) and were seated in the front row (of the first scheduled ride). I thought we would have a private ride with more on the scene discussion. As we were sitting in our seats the guide simply stated to look up and notice the appearance of an erector set.

This is definitely nothing to pay for but I’m glad I finally had the chance to see what I was missing.

After many attempts we were able to take the tour. We were disappointed because the tour did not meet our expectations.

We waited for everyone to show up. A couple extras were allowed to join us who came with their friends. It was a walking tour through a few cast only gates and eventually through a back entrance to enter the soaring ride. I can’t even remember anything the guide shared with us along the walking tour.
We entered the ride first (ahead of people waiting in line) and were seated in the front row (of the first scheduled ride). I thought we would have a private ride with more on the scene discussion. As we were sitting in our seats the guide simply stated to look up and notice the appearance of an erector set.

This is definitely nothing to pay for but I’m glad I finally had the chance to see what I was missing.

I was able to get this tour for three out of four of us during our August trip. I am wondering if they will allow the fourth member of our party to join.

I was able to get this tour for three out of four of us during our August trip. I am wondering if they will allow the fourth member of our party to join.
Depending on the guide they may allow the extra guest. I know that I do not like uncertainty either.

Reactions: rlk
I haven't been able to get lucky enough for this either . IMO they should just open up the ride for an hour with online DVC reservations if you have a DVC stay. That would significantly add to the number of members being able to participate.

They did not open the ride early for our tour. We were on the front row of the first scheduled opening ride. Like you, I felt we would have a private ride and if we did have a private ride, it could have included many more DVC owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!