Soaring tour shut out streak continues

Add me to the list of ones who have done it and was a little disappointed. It was nice to get a little bit of info about the Land pavilion, but I would guess at this point most people already know the designers came up with the idea for the ride using an erector set.

I booked it and went, and there were four in my party, maybe two years ago. There were no no shows as I remember.

We were on the same tour as @bobbiwoz. It was just luck I think. It was good meeting you Bobbi.

It is such a small group that I can see why it hard to get a reservation. And since the tour must end before the first ride starts they cannot really expand the number of guests on the tour.

Last edited:
I just went last week and really liked it! There were 19 on our tour and our guide, Robert, was fantastic. We did a private ride for just our group and while we were on the ride, Robert gave some information as the ride was going on. (We all the personal speakers in our ears). I recently tried booking it for our September trip as we'll be with friends but it was already booked.

Well jeepers! I will have to do the tour again since our “female” guide (not Robert) did not get us on a private ride with information while the ride was going on. Your experience is what we wanted and expected.

We went on the tour this morning. I had no problems booking at all (sorry!),but did call right when it opened. When we checked in this morning, i noticed my name was the first one on the list, not sure if that meant we were the first to book. If you are Disney regulars, you won’t learn much new, but it is free and the host was fun. Although we did learn one fun fact about the pre show involving Patrick that we have often wondered about

We went on the tour this morning. I had no problems booking at all (sorry!),but did call right when it opened. When we checked in this morning, i noticed my name was the first one on the list, not sure if that meant we were the first to book. If you are Disney regulars, you won’t learn much new, but it is free and the host was fun. Although we did learn one fun fact about the pre show involving Patrick that we have often wondered about

I’m usually not one for spoilers, but... :magnify:

I called DVC MS promptly at opening this morning and was somewhat surprised when I was able to book this tour for mid-October. It probably helped that I was booking exactly 180 days before a Thursday arrival for a tour on the following Wednesday. (Similar to the fact that you have a better chance of getting a FP for FoP or Slinky if your FP booking window opens up a number of days before you plan to visit AK or DHS.)

Based on some of the posts above, my expectations won't be soaring (sorry), but hey, it's FREE. How often do you get to that about something at Disney?

I called DVC MS promptly at opening this morning and was somewhat surprised when I was able to book this tour for mid-October. It probably helped that I was booking exactly 180 days before a Thursday arrival for a tour on the following Wednesday. (Similar to the fact that you have a better chance of getting a FP for FoP or Slinky if your FP booking window opens up a number of days before you plan to visit AK or DHS.)

Based on some of the posts above, my expectations won't be soaring (sorry), but hey, it's FREE. How often do you get to that about something at Disney?

Groan, lol. Yes, i’m Thinking the slots are probably accounted for if coming in on Sat or Sun for that week. Enjoy!

Im calling now to see if I can book this but Im going starting September 5-14 so guessing Im late to the party but may as well try, Im home not doing anything.

I am on hold for DVC MS, is this correct? I have approx. 25 minute wait so want to make sure this is the correct place to call.

Im going to see if any availability for the full week.

Thanks.

Im calling now to see if I can book this but Im going starting September 5-14 so guessing Im late to the party but may as well try, Im home not doing anything.

I am on hold for DVC MS, is this correct? I have approx. 25 minute wait so want to make sure this is the correct place to call.

Im going to see if any availability for the full week.

Thanks.

On Wednesday’s Would be nice if they offered it more often. Good luck

I’ve been advised to keep checking back for cancellations. It could happen lol

Thank you. Ill keep trying since always looking for something new to do but without a fee, Im not going to give much hope for a cancelation but I will keep calling.

Thank you.

Highly recommend trying at DL if you’re there. As mentioned above, it’s much easier to get into and we thought it was wonderful-only 20 or so I’m our group (I didn’t expect a private ride and would’ve felt awful if we’d made everyone wait with that few riding) but we got the prime seats and then watched again from behind the screen which was super cool. Lots of great info.

Highly recommend trying at DL if you’re there. As mentioned above, it’s much easier to get into and we thought it was wonderful-only 20 or so I’m our group (I didn’t expect a private ride and would’ve felt awful if we’d made everyone wait with that few riding) but we got the prime seats and then watched again from behind the screen which was super cool. Lots of great info.

Will be there in August but with GD who is only 8. I can imagine the stink eye if I ditch her & her mom lol

I called yesterday 180 day mark to book for Oct 16th right at 9:00am. Rep put me on hold for about 2 mins then stated no availability at 9:03am.

You can book up to 180 days before your resort arrival (assuming you're staying at a Disney resort), so you clearly have an advantage if you are arriving several days before the date of the tour (much as is the case with booking high-demand fast passes). I called to book the October 16th tour date one week ago (exactly 180 days before our arrival at WDW), and was able to book the tour. I guessed at the time that had I been arriving a few days later, my changes would have been greatly reduced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!