Soaring tour shut out streak continues

You can book up to 180 days before your resort arrival (assuming you're staying at a Disney resort), so you clearly have an advantage if you are arriving several days before the date of the tour (much as is the case with booking high-demand fast passes). I called to book the October 16th tour date one week ago (exactly 180 days before our arrival at WDW), and was able to book the tour. I guessed at the time that had I been arriving a few days later, my changes would have been greatly reduced.
I was given incorrect info by MS regarding when I could book. At least, I'll now know to call at my 180+10 window.

We got in for our upcoming August trip (coming down for the party!) I think the CM was more excited than us, since she'd never successfully booked it before.

I had tried to get in for our vacation next week months ago, and the CM gave me the exact date to call for August. We won't expect much, and we'll have the chance to get a Test Track FP for that day instead of Soarin'.

I know I'm digging up a somewhat old thread. Just thought I would comment since this came up when I was searching. We check in on Mach 12 and wanted to do the March 18 tour. Before coming across this thread a few minutes ago, I thought we had to book 180 days from that time, which would've been this Friday, Sept. 20. Once I learned, I called immediately and was able to get a reservation for 4 on March 18. I doubt I would have gotten it had I waited. I am sure it helps that that is toward the end of our trip.

We have had zero luck with the tour at WDW but were able to reserve the tour at DL two weeks out! I have often wondered if the EPCOT tour is more popular because its before the park opens where as the one in DCA is mid-morning.

I think it's more of a numbers game. There are far less DVC members at DCA compared to WDW on any given day.

I'm trying one last time for 2020. Booked a Wed-Thur (8 nights). Hoping to get it on the second week.

Well that's interesting. I called a while back (on the exact day) for my January 2020 date. First I was told it was available! Then I was told it wasn't because they hadn't decided if they were going to have it in 2020 or not. I guess they've decided but I'm sure my date is long gone by now!

I was able to book it right at my 180 day mark for our next trip this November. Our arrival day is a Tuesday - the next day Wednesday was already booked but our last day the following Wednesday was available. Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!