Sofa bed in cabins

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
It’s been a couple of years since we stayed in a cabin. Then the sofa bed was incredibly uncomfortable with a bar across the middle. Have the sofa beds been changed recently? Hubby sleeps inqueen bed and I sleep on sofa bed. Too hard to climb out of side of the queen against the wall for the middle-of-the-night bathroom jaunts. Staying in a cabin in April and hoping they improved on the sofa beds!

It’s been a couple of years since we stayed in a cabin. Then the sofa bed was incredibly uncomfortable with a bar across the middle. Have the sofa beds been changed recently? Hubby sleeps inqueen bed and I sleep on sofa bed. Too hard to climb out of side of the queen against the wall for the middle-of-the-night bathroom jaunts. Staying in a cabin in April and hoping they improved on the sofa beds!

Sorry, the sofa beds have not been changed since the 2015 refurbishment. I can tell you that the fabric on ours from last week could’ve also used a good scrubbing. Prior to the refurb, the cabins had Murphy Beds, which my family enjoyed much better.

Sorry, the sofa beds have not been changed since the 2015 refurbishment. I can tell you that the fabric on ours from last week could’ve also used a good scrubbing. Prior to the refurb, the cabins had Murphy Beds, which my family enjoyed much better.
I too thought the Murphy beds were great. Very comfortable!

Those sofa beds are awful and one of the main reasons we don't stay as often as in the past. We rented an RV our last trip, mostly because of the sofa bed.

We were there right after they refurbished and complained about how uncomfortable the bed was and they sent us over 2 mattress pads made of foam which helped a bit. Except with the old Murphy bed we were able to lift it and put it away. With a sofa bed, and additional padding, the entire thing has to be taken apart to get it to fold into a sofa again. If we didn't, the open bed took up all the space in the room. These are the same sofa beds as in the DVCs.

We are staying again for a few days soon, and are dreading that sofa bed. So much so that one of us may try to sleep on the bunk bed.

We are going to the cabins next week and that is the plan right now. Hubby in the double, I will be in the lower bunk and hopefully Mallory will fit between the two. She must sleep in the same room as us.

We are going to the cabins next week and that is the plan right now. Hubby in the double, I will be in the lower bunk and hopefully Mallory will fit between the two. She must sleep in the same room as us.
The last time I tried to sleep in the bunk bed it was just a bit too short for me. But I'm going to try again.

The last time I tried to sleep in the bunk bed it was just a bit too short for me. But I'm going to try again.

honestly I am fearful of that as well. I know hubby is too tall at 6’2. I am 5’9. We did stay in the cabins once before but that was before refurb and we slept on the Murphy bed. I know the two of us are NOT sleeping in the double together. Hard enough when not smashed against a wall but no way. Will let you know how it goes. We will be there next week.

I'm 5'7" and the last time I tried to sleep in the bunk bed my feet hit the rail. But we can't sleep in that queen either for the same reason - the wall and we normally sleep in a king. We'll be there in about a week.

I'm 5'7" and the last time I tried to sleep in the bunk bed my feet hit the rail. But we can't sleep in that queen either for the same reason - the wall and we normally sleep in a king. We'll be there in about a week.

what about just sleeping on the sofa without pulling the bed out? I may do that if a little comfortable. We normally bring the RV and don’t have this issue but circumstances are such that I will deal with it. I have been secretly looking to get into Yacht club but it is so much more expensive, but two queens.

we will be there Friday to Monday so I guess we commiserate together.

I am seriously considering sleeping with Mallory. Her bed is a twin Memory foam topper. If I have a pillow I can keep my arm from falling asleep and Mallory will keep me warm, she would probably love it (I know I would if my arm does not fall asleep).

what about just sleeping on the sofa without pulling the bed out? I may do that if a little comfortable. We normally bring the RV and don’t have this issue but circumstances are such that I will deal with it. I have been secretly looking to get into Yacht club but it is so much more expensive, but two queens.

we will be there Friday to Monday so I guess we commiserate together.
We don't arrive until Sunday, so we may miss each other. We'll have a little white poodle with us. No matter how hard I try, only my head will fit in his bed :)

I doubt the sofa will be comfortable enough - or even long enough.

On a separate note, I make a point to go talk to someone in management about the bed situation every time I'm there. I explain we used to go to FW 3-4 times a years and have stopped doing so because of that sofa bed. This time I'm going to mention we rented an RV last year rather than stay in a cabin.

If all of us complain maybe they'll do something about it.

I slept on the bottom bunk last night. I just fit and most of the time I am on my side curled up. I might do the top bunk tonight. Actually more space between bed and ceiling than the bottom. I just have to make sure I can get down without injuries.

I slept on the bottom bunk last night. I just fit and most of the time I am on my side curled up. I might do the top bunk tonight. Actually more space between bed and ceiling than the bottom. I just have to make sure I can get down without injuries.
good luck. I’m not looking forward to it 😫

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter