SOG, buying Military Salute

fly girl

DIS Veteran
We do not have an ITT office nearby, so we buy our WDW military salute tickets through SOG advance ticket office.

Last year we didn’t go to WDW, so my memory is fuzzy. After you send the initial email expressing interest for advance ticket purchase, how long does it take for a response?

It’s been 2 days I don’t remember it taking this long before. We had issues with work vacation, so unfortunately our 60 day FP+ window will be Feb 9th. I’m just hoping we will get them in time. 🤞🏻

I was told to allow up to 96 hours recently. We sent request form filled out on a Sunday, they called by Thursday. Last year was slightly quicker.

I was told to allow up to 96 hours recently. We sent request form filled out on a Sunday, they called by Thursday. Last year was slightly quicker.

Thank you! I figured I was being impatient (patience has never been my strong suit!) :earboy2:

Patience is hardly mine, it's a work in progress :)

We weren't that patient, as I did have my DH inquire sometime that week if they received it, just to be sure the form was received. Because last year, I believe it was quicker. But, that was the response we got on what time to allow for processing.

We do not have an ITT office nearby, so we buy our WDW military salute tickets through SOG advance ticket office.

Last year we didn’t go to WDW, so my memory is fuzzy. After you send the initial email expressing interest for advance ticket purchase, how long does it take for a response?

It’s been 2 days I don’t remember it taking this long before. We had issues with work vacation, so unfortunately our 60 day FP+ window will be Feb 9th. I’m just hoping we will get them in time. 🤞🏻

You'll get them in time. I ordered our last tickets 2 weeks before our FP window and had them 3 days later, on the west coast.

Still no word. Ugh. I will try my best to have patience. Phone call coming tomorrow if I still haven't heard from them.

I did receive an email saying they received my request, but it has been well over 96 hours. :hourglass

That's crazy. I did see some complaining about it on FB site this week. Such a mixed review, some say next day, some complaining they are almost at 30 days out from FP window. Wonder if it's a busy time period, short on staff, or if they have some way of prioritizing tickets, for example guests, non guests, etc. We got ours in plenty of time for 60 day FPs for on site.

That's crazy. I did see some complaining about it on FB site this week. Such a mixed review, some say next day, some complaining they are almost at 30 days out from FP window. Wonder if it's a busy time period, short on staff, or if they have some way of prioritizing tickets, for example guests, non guests, etc. We got ours in plenty of time for 60 day FPs for on site.

I got another email late yesterday afternoon saying:

Your order has been received! You will be contacted shortly by an advanced ticket order agent to verify and process your order. Our agents are working diligently to get to your request as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience as we respond to orders in which they were received.

Please allow up to 3-7 days of receipt for a call back.

Thank you for choosing Shades of Green to purchase your attraction tickets.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

This was different than the first email that was basic:

We have received your message. We are currently working with other guest and will be contacting you shortly. Please stand by for further information. When submitting orders, please limit one email per guest so that we do not have duplicate orders. If you are requesting our order form, please state where you are staying and the military status so that we may send you the correct forms. Without the information listed, you may receive the off property order form by default, if you are staying with Shades of Green note such on the form.

STROLLERS
Be advised beginning May 1, 2019 Walt Disney World Resort is adjusting their guidelines on stroller sizes, which will require them to be no larger than 31″ (79cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long. The good news – many strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines. Also, just a reminder that wagons are not permitted in our parks. Beginning May 1, 2019 stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.
TIP: The smaller your stroller, the easier it is to navigate and maneuver the parks.

SMOKING
Also beginning May 1, 2019 smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
TIP: Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances of the areas listed above and at Disney Springs in Florida.

Thank you for choosing Shades of Green's Ticket Office for your ticket inquires. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I'll admit, I am really annoyed I have to wait another 3-7 days. What the heck??? I need to get these by Feb 8th. I probably will, but my patience is very thin. What is going on??

I live in Michigan and while I have an office within an hour of my home they have always mailed them to me overnight through fedex. I am not sure if that helps or not but I don't think you actually have to go directly to the office, they can be mailed out to you. The entire transaction is done over the phone and when you get to Disney you go to guest services and they check your ID there and validate your tickets. But you can still select fast pass options and everything like you would normally ahead of time.

I live in Michigan and while I have an office within an hour of my home they have always mailed them to me overnight through fedex. I am not sure if that helps or not but I don't think you actually have to go directly to the office, they can be mailed out to you. The entire transaction is done over the phone and when you get to Disney you go to guest services and they check your ID there and validate your tickets. But you can still select fast pass options and everything like you would normally ahead of time.

Thanks. I think years ago we went through Camp Pendelton and if I don't hear back within a day or two I will probably try that route.

I am just shocked as this was always pretty seamless. My guess is that the are short staffed and now that you need tickets way in advance for FP+ it has put a higher demand on SOG.

I got another email late yesterday afternoon saying:

Your order has been received! You will be contacted shortly by an advanced ticket order agent to verify and process your order. Our agents are working diligently to get to your request as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience as we respond to orders in which they were received.

Please allow up to 3-7 days of receipt for a call back.

Thank you for choosing Shades of Green to purchase your attraction tickets.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

This was different than the first email that was basic:

We have received your message. We are currently working with other guest and will be contacting you shortly. Please stand by for further information. When submitting orders, please limit one email per guest so that we do not have duplicate orders. If you are requesting our order form, please state where you are staying and the military status so that we may send you the correct forms. Without the information listed, you may receive the off property order form by default, if you are staying with Shades of Green note such on the form.

STROLLERS
Be advised beginning May 1, 2019 Walt Disney World Resort is adjusting their guidelines on stroller sizes, which will require them to be no larger than 31″ (79cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long. The good news – many strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines. Also, just a reminder that wagons are not permitted in our parks. Beginning May 1, 2019 stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.
TIP: The smaller your stroller, the easier it is to navigate and maneuver the parks.

SMOKING
Also beginning May 1, 2019 smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
TIP: Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances of the areas listed above and at Disney Springs in Florida.

Thank you for choosing Shades of Green's Ticket Office for your ticket inquires. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I'll admit, I am really annoyed I have to wait another 3-7 days. What the heck??? I need to get these by Feb 8th. I probably will, but my patience is very thin. What is going on??
That's more promising. Hopefully you'll get a call today to finalize the transaction! But still, if it's another 3-7 days and that's the case, yep, they are cutting pretty close.

That's more promising. Hopefully you'll get a call today to finalize the transaction! But still, if it's another 3-7 days and that's the case, yep, they are cutting pretty close.

I know!! 😩 I'm Type A so I am not taking it well. lol

I will probably ask on the phone if they can provide the ticket numbers so I can enter them in immediately. I read (I think on the Dis in an older post) that they were given them on the phone. Can hurt to ask!

I am waiting to post again saying all is good and my sanity is saved. 😜

Thanks. I think years ago we went through Camp Pendelton and if I don't hear back within a day or two I will probably try that route.

I am just shocked as this was always pretty seamless. My guess is that the are short staffed and now that you need tickets way in advance for FP+ it has put a higher demand on SOG.

Pendleton doesn't keep WDW tickets on hand. They only order them once a week and it takes up to 2 weeks to receive them.

I would try calling SoG. If you leave your email address on the voicemail, they will likely just send you the ticket form directly that you just need to fill out and send back. Once they receive it, they will call you immediately for your credit card number.

They should email them right away, which is of course great to have. I print a copy and handcarry the copy with me on the trip, overkill most definitely, but just in case my email is having issues if the magic band and MDE decide to have one first, my printed backup to a backup. Haven't had to use it ever, tickets never dropped off MDE thankfully.

But, sure, I would probably want the ticket numbers right away also rather than wait for another email. For us, they sent the ticket scans the same day of the call to finalize payment, it was a few hours later, by email. We just went through it this month, so these are my recent experiences :)

Pendleton doesn't keep WDW tickets on hand. They only order them once a week and it takes up to 2 weeks to receive them.

I would try calling SoG. If you leave your email address on the voicemail, they will likely just send you the ticket form directly that you just need to fill out and send back. Once they receive it, they will call you immediately for your credit card number.

Ha! I just read that Pendelton could take 2 weeks on a military site. It was so long ago that I used them, I think first year of FP+, when they were the one of the only options before SOG started.

I will try calling if I don't hear anything by tomorrow. That would be a full week. Keep reminding myself to have patience. :sad2:

I just really started to worry when I realized I miscalculated my FP+ date. I was going by our first day in the parks, but our reservation start the day prior. DOH! 🤦‍♀️ (and yet another reason why I love the ease of DLR!) lol

They should email them right away, which is of course great to have. I print a copy and handcarry the copy with me on the trip, overkill most definitely, but just in case my email is having issues if the magic band and MDE decide to have one first, my printed backup to a backup. Haven't had to use it ever, tickets never dropped off MDE thankfully.

But, sure, I would probably want the ticket numbers right away also rather than wait for another email. For us, they sent the ticket scans the same day of the call to finalize payment, it was a few hours later, by email. We just went through it this month, so these are my recent experiences :)

Thanks! Since it has been over a year since I did this, that is new to me. I just remember getting the physical tickets via FedEx.

Yep, I always have the backup too. Type A!!! :rotfl2:

Ha! I just read that Pendelton could take 2 weeks on a military site. It was so long ago that I used them, I think first year of FP+, when they were the one of the only options before SOG started.

I will try calling if I don't hear anything by tomorrow. That would be a full week. Keep reminding myself to have patience. :sad2:

I just really started to worry when I realized I miscalculated my FP+ date. I was going by our first day in the parks, but our reservation start the day prior. DOH! 🤦‍♀️ (and yet another reason why I love the ease of DLR!) lol

You know, I still had the PDF of the order form from last year. I was cleaning out some files the other day and deleted it. If I had it still, I'd email it to you. They don't change it from year to year. It's mostly a blank form that you fill out with ticket types, quantity, and prices and then your billing address and phone number. I will go check my computer to make sure it is gone for good.

Aww, thanks @DLgal! I had it from years ago, but I know it is outdated. I think 5 day park hopper was the max.

The one from last year was completely blank. You had to fill in the ticket type and price yourself from their price list. They were probably sick of updating the form every year.

The one from last year was completely blank. You had to fill in the ticket type and price yourself from their price list. They were probably sick of updating the form every year.

I bet they were sick of it too. Smart, really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter