"Sold out" SWA fares do return!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by mousestruck, Jun 16, 2017.

1. mousestruck

mousestruck Mouseketeer

Last month I was crushed when SWA extended its schedule and the "Wanna Get Away" fares for the flight I wanted (in November) disappeared within seconds. The flight was "SOLD OUT" and I was forced to book a 7 a.m. flight home. Not happy! I have been checking almost every day, but no luck. Today I checked and was shocked to see WGA fares for the flight I was stalking! And to make things even better, they were $72 cheaper p/p than the undesirable flights! So now I have the flight I wanted, plus travel funds to use for another trip! So if you were disappointed like me, go check your flights!!!

2. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris DIS Veteran

Yes, SWA does do this. I learned the hard way! Thanks to them stating the flight was "sold out", I bought tickets on American Airlines & ended up spending a LOT more. Then, about two months later, they had seats available that were previously sold out.

I paid about $200 more than I would have, had SWA shown seats available when I was initially looking.

I know I could have played the "wait and see game", but I'm just not that brave, lol!

3. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

Yep, our MCO to PHL Wanna Get Away did come back but it's no bargain. I got wifey and I tix for a 12:55 flight with EB for $425 total, now a single is $459.

Bill From PA

4. mousestruck

mousestruck Mouseketeer

I'm not that brave either! I booked another, less desirable SWA flight, but overpaid. I couldn't find a better option on another airline, so I bit the bullet and hoped prices would come down and/or the flights would reappear. I just got lucky -- this time!

5. mousestruck

mousestruck Mouseketeer

Ouch!!! Good thing you have the 12:55 flights!