Solid Marriott property (Courtyard, Residence, etc) near Disney?

LordAthens

Mouseketeer
This is my first trip staying off site (outside of business trips) and I'm feeling torn and overwhelmed.

I'm looking for a place for an 8 day stay in October and I'm trying to stay under ~$80/night (including parking). Initially I was going to stay at the Courtyard @ Marriott Village, but someone suggested I stay at the Fairfield as it also includes free breakfast and the traffic is significantly less horrific. Reviews on the Fairfield are a bit less than where I want to stay. Then I started looking at the properties over at Flamingo Crossing. They look nice, but that got me second guessing and.. Here I am.

Ultimately I'm open to anything, but ideally it's a Marriott property as I have a good status with them and I highly value my Marriott RP's. Hot breakfast and resort atmosphere would be great (which is why the Marriott Village location looks great as it offers both as well as multiple dining options). I'm torn on shuttle service (it doesn't seem like they offer them to MK anyhow, just Epcot area) as I'll likely rent a car while I'm there. 8 days, myself and my 6yo daughter. We'll only be doing Disney, with a possible exception of Fun Spot Kissimmee as she wants to do the worlds tallest sky coaster while we're down there.

Help?

We love Marriotts as well and stayed at the SpringHill Suites @ Flamingo Crossing back in March, just for one night before checking into a condo for a week. I thought it was very nice and actually nicer than other (older) SpringHill Suites we've stayed in, and the location was wonderful! Like you said, out of the traffic but yet a quick trip to the parks. We would definitely consider staying there for a longer period of time in the future.

Did you try the Marriott timeshares aka Vacation Clubs? Sometimes you can get a studio with a pullout couch and a kitchenette which will then save you $$ on meals, snacks, etc. You don't have to be a timeshare member to rent one and you can decline all the presentations. Check AAA rates too.

We are headed to Lakeshore Reserve this weekend but have also stayed at Grand Vista.

Did you try the Marriott timeshares aka Vacation Clubs? Sometimes you can get a studio with a pullout couch and a kitchenette which will then save you $$ on meals, snacks, etc. You don't have to be a timeshare member to rent one and you can decline all the presentations. Check AAA rates too.

We are headed to Lakeshore Reserve this weekend but have also stayed at Grand Vista.

I did attempt to look at MVC, but their site keeps giving me an error when I try to check availability. If the prices through MVC is anything near what Google shows as cost per night, it's quite a bit over the budget that I want to spend on this trip. The cheapest I found was $149/night (through Google) for Grande Vista. Harbour Lake and Grande Vista were both over $200. I'm trying to stay under $100/night for this trip, closer to the $80 per night (after taxes, parking and resort fees it gets to $95/night anyhow).

We stayed at the Marriott Village Courtyard years ago and it was good. I don't have a more recent data point, unfortunately. I do know there is a Panera and Chick-fil-a both very close to that property so you can get a cheap breakfast. There is also a Publix and McDonald's just up the road. Commute to the parks would be very easy. I would recommend driving instead of relying on the hotel shuttle. The schedules are always so restrictive in my experience.

Well the Flamingo Crossing hotels are newer, they are a great location if your focus is on Disney. Not far down the road are grocery and other restaurants but still a nice very quiet area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

The Village is up against I-4 and on a very busy road. Lots around there but I wouldn't be walking anywhere but the resort. Wouldn't mind a couple nights there but no way I'd stay that long.

Try looking on eBay or tugbbs.com to rent from an individual. I just rented a 2 bedroom at harbour lake for $700 for the week at the end of November.

Marriott girl here. I have stayed at a few but a little farther out. Check about parking. Many near Disney are now charging parking and resort fees.

I've stayed at both the Flamingo Crossings Marriott hotels and I highly recommend them. My preference is the Town Place because the rooms here have small kitchens, which is a nice bonus, especially when traveling with children. There were no resort fee or parking fee when I last stayed here in July. There is a free breakfast at both properties. The pool area sits in the middle of the two hotels and is shared. It is very nice, has BBQ area you may grill on, there is a Jacuzzi, and a gym. If the price works I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. When going to the Disney parks form her don't follow goggle or map quest. Just take Flamingo Crossing to Western way. Go under toll road over pass and follow it to Lake Buena Vista Drive. It so much faster. It maybe 8 minutes to Lake Buena Vista drive from here its a quick drive to each of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter