SOLO: A Chunkymonkey Story - June 2018! NEW 8/23 Last SOLO Moments THE END - Final VLOG posted!

So the latest change to my SOLO trip is news that Homecoming's Rise & Shine Brunch service starts this Sunday June 10th. For some reason I always thought they had a brunch service but I guess it was just lunch. They are promising new items for brunch although the menu has not been released yet. From what I understand they do have some classics like the Fried Chicken and Doughnuts which is what I had last time. It was good, but there's no way I'm finishing all of that, plus I'd like to try something new and exclusive to the brunch menu.
So I saw your post here, and then I made reservations for this in September :rotfl: I can't wait to hear what you think!

Yeah weather is typical June, haven't really seen rain since first night, couple clouds. Evenings are nice with sun down, but humidity is just a given lol.

Looks like we may end up at Pop in August - I'd like to get last trip out of APs, and we will have Universal season passes too. Hubs wants to bring one of his best friends down with him for a couple days- the guy will never be able to afford it otherwise (Cm discount on hotel, plus cheap air fare, plus free passes to the parks thanks to DD) so they may come down for my hubs bday and I come down couple days later and drive back with DD when her internship is done. Long story to say- anxious to hear how the preferred rooms are. Friend is a vet with health issues so would like to minimize walking.

Just couple more days to your solo adventure!

Leaving in a few hours! Hope there is very little rain while I'm there, but I'm prepared with my poncho just in case, haha.

Good idea to swing by Disney for a trip in August! Especially with your daughter's discounts!

See you Monday!

Can’t wait to hear what you think of the Homecomig brunch! We have it booked for Dec.

I hope so!! I cleared out my morning for this, LOL!

Have a blast this weekend! Cannot believe the trip is this soon!

Thank you!!

That strawberry shake just went on my list.

"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!"

So I saw your post here, and then I made reservations for this in September :rotfl: I can't wait to hear what you think!

Haha good idea! When are your Sept trip dates again?

Well, I didn't make it back here in time to see you off, but I'm caught up now. I hope you're having a wonderful time, and I can't wait to hear about it when you get home!

Hi everyone! I’m writing this as I’m eating my late late lunch at Mama Melrose. It’s delicious although service is a little slow. The steak with mac and cheese has lived up to the hype! So just wanted to let you all know that I DID get a refurbished room at Pop. In fact, the cm told me that almost all the rooms are refurbished now so it’s unlikely that you’d get one that is not.
D4F5A5C4-84A5-4EE6-9ADA-76828D4806BD.jpeg

I’ve been doing a lot of live posts on Instagram so you can follow my adventure of there. My handle is now “achunkystory”

Ok off to Epcot now!

Hi everyone! I’m writing this as I’m eating my late late lunch at Mama Melrose. It’s delicious although service is a little slow. The steak with mac and cheese has lived up to the hype! So just wanted to let you all know that I DID get a refurbished room at Pop. In fact, the cm told me that almost all the rooms are refurbished now so it’s unlikely that you’d get one that is not.
View attachment 328210

I’ve been doing a lot of live posts on Instagram so you can follow my adventure of there. My handle is now “achunkystory”

Ok off to Epcot now!
Oh sure! Tease us! :)

Sounds like you’re having a great time!

The refurbished rooms look great! Glad to hear you enjoyed Mama Melrose. How’s the weather there? Super hot already?

Also, love your new insta handle :)

Hi Su-Lynn! Love the look of the refurb rooms at Pop!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your latest adventures! Still can't believe we missed each other by a few days!!!!!!!!

Kinda late to the party now that you're there, but you made the best choice. POP is a great resort for short stays and late arrivals. The room looks really nice!!!

Have a wonderful time at EPCOT!!

View attachment 328210

Ok off to Epcot now!

Glad you got the room you wanted! Have fun!

View attachment 328210

Ok off to Epcot now!

Running to Instagram to follow now. Can't wait to hear how the trip goes...and how you like Saratoga!

Was great to meet you today! Hope you safely made it back home.
And I'll have more trip reports to enjoy as my year of Disney comes to an end. I'd be sad but I'm gonna live vicariously through you :)

I declined magic bands for the trip

I just need grey and then I can start declining too! Feels so accomplished haha!

wake up and walk to POFQ to grab coffee and beignets.

This [was] a great idea! Breakfast of champs... but I see you switched to Pop, so hopefully you found something as fun there!

DHS as I have a late lunch ADR at Mama Melrose around 3pm.

Yum, huge fan of Mama Melrose! Looking forward to your review

fTmQAYluebrZe5JZR9Ch8JhIj0-4zRSHaVbV3xVXofi2JWCMyRJDSDNOVWBZaFv-mqPN3EB-b_oJOXSAqY2IPzQzFDjPXOF9O62um37HpgSVu37qHbVmCz_sq2-wnxi4m375T_GsWU3u3JB0M4XLfGfy2uQUn4SIAQ5IHaf95KLh5JlcEniTuwti9_vc8REhikwnoeCvNKeNoNh3HpZ_OeCwLcRbNyuRngBpqgY5Ad17t0ZQHn6r-EGxrGzR3KTagJg5sblTfIQCCNmGG5cWwsL6l8jRXH0Xy7XN-LxoC3LOy_9U7DnG81RlFuMnNjmH-tql9VjnpO1zT788eSkMFR4ayMz6ouWzSvzxG2YQxK_rh9BhVsu1PP_LQOY9akinIfhGfLIoY9WVdjQkSu0Aa-2v4a2IJOLRmW_ZSgmIeq3kppLE7xvGfvHIbg9tCadZbrrt3VcUV2NjGnAsUW6bZHMkqR38KgkFIeMayZ30iVFLZfKjX0FSAlfZM45Zb4SnpAXJQCD7GorY_0ZkcINBuwI1wtJkc4C-bbrCGQjPncBV1XwWhbOh_T2BIPWD09TLBXlV0sqMRenqcljal6ZlI-7d-nA0dP8hOWuLrZeE=w554-h415-no

This is so pretty!!

That way, I can definitely have lunch at Satuli!

Worthwhile to schedule park time around Satuli, it's so darn good!

Cheshire cat tail or a nutella waffle sandwich

Why not both? :confused3:thumbsup2

Mermaid Tail Cupcake - Yet another sweet item, but so adorable, and I tend to like confetti cake. I think Disney needs more savory snacks!

This is so cute! My favorite of the "hip" foods

I’ve been doing a lot of live posts on Instagram so you can follow my adventure of there. My handle is now “achunkystory

Oh following! (though a bit late in this trip!)

I can't wait to read the official report! (Although I have seen some of it on FB)

So, where is(was) that Shrimp Mac and cheese??? I may need some of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter