Solo: A Star Wars Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling much better about it after the trailer, but I had no interest beforehand. So, I've gone from a 0 to about a 7.5.

It looks like it could be dark and fun. But, as we've learned over the years, the trailers don't always give an accurate picture and sometimes there are clips in the trailers that don't even show up in the movie.

The Solo movie is a tough one for me. I have not been excited at all about this one and still not there. I'm sure I will end up seeing it, it is after all a Star Wars movie but will I go opening night, don't think so or wait.

Star Wars fans are hard to please. And I speak as one of them. We love it so much and with such passion. This is true of any fandom whether it's Wars, Trek or Harry Potter. I am going in with managed expectations and hope for the best. Ask me about Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (Ugh.)

I went to both The Last Jedi and Rogue One with wariness and came out of both with different feelings.
Loved Rogue one more than I thought I would
And mixed feelings with The last jedi

The visuals and world building in the trailers look outstanding.

I am not sold on the new Solo but I didn't (still dont) like the Jyn Erso character but I like R1 so I am not really worried about it.

I definitely get a similar vibe to Rouge One - which I am not upset about at all .... and if we wind up with something like that - a movie I really enjoyed as a whole that, at best, didn't need the lead to carry it, I think would be excellent.

If this film *needs* the lead to fully carry it then I am less confident

The full trailer makes it look like a "caper" movie (ala Mission Impossible, Ocean's Eleven, etc.), which would make sense for a character with a smuggling background.

Not sure why they just don't keep putting the Star Wars movies out in December and let Marvel rule the summer though. Just feels it is too soon after Last Jedi. I know the "story" movies confuses non-hardcore fans since they don't know that movies like this and Rogue One happen before even the original trilogy.

The full trailer makes it look like a "caper" movie (ala Mission Impossible, Ocean's Eleven, etc.), which would make sense for a character with a smuggling background.

Not sure why they just don't keep putting the Star Wars movies out in December and let Marvel rule the summer though. Just feels it is too soon after Last Jedi. I know the "story" movies confuses non-hardcore fans since they don't know that movies like this and Rogue One happen before even the original trilogy.

I am still surprised by the opening date. Like you said, really close to Last Jedi, and then now we have 18 months or whatever until Episode IX. Plus the last part of Rebels is coming out soon so that could have satiated Star Wars Fans a bit anyway

Not sure why Han Solo when he's younger sounds like he had a smokers voice more than when he is older though. So far I think his voice is throwing me off more than looks/acting
Agree, still plan to see it but not sure I will plan for opening weekend at DS while we are there.

After the disappointing piece of crap that was The Last Jedi I am somewhat apprehensive. But so fast at least Ron Howard has always impressed me so I will be watching this one.

Trailer looks great!! I'm excited for the movie.

I'll admit there are a lot of cards stacked against this movie:

1) Actor choice? This one will be the big obstacle for me to overcome in my own mind.
2) Pleasing the haters. The Last Jedi was the movie of the year IMO, but the group of haters that didn't like it will be all over this movie right from the start.
3) Releasing it a couple weeks after Infinity War which will most likely be the movie of the year. So that's not an easy act to follow.

In my mind if I enjoy this movie 80%-90% as much as Rogue One I will consider it a success.

It’s funny because I’m still very skeptical of this film. But as the pp said, it’s not like I’m not gonna be there opening weekend

My expectations are low for this...this trailer doesn’t excite me

When I saw the Millennium Falcon I clapped because it was something I recognized! THEY BROKE NEW GROUND!!!! /s

The actor choice was a no-win in almost any choice. It's an iconic role for one man. I'm amazed they went this direction at all.

I'm not even a Star Wars fan but I understand how unnecessary a Han Solo solo film is. But, living in a world where one does exist, after watching Baby Driver, I feel like Ansel Elgort would have been a much better choice. He played Baby extremely well. He was on the shortlist of actors to play Han, which is why in Baby Driver he dresses very similar to Han (white shirt, dark vest, etc).

I did appreciate the nod in the extended trailer to Ep IV with Han's "it's all fine - we're fine" line - even if he should have ended that with "how are you?" (without blasting the Falcon's control console, of course - boring conversation anyway). I would've laughed out loud, however, if they'd managed to throw in a "twere that it were so simple" somewhere.

And I took note that there were scenes featuring a desert-like environment. It just doesn't seem like a SW movie without sand - even though it's coarse and gets everywhere.

Curious about the new droid - I have some vague recollection (probably incorrect) that it was styled a bit after the HK assassin droids from Knights of the Old Republic (which would be just fine with me since HK-47 was one of the best characters in that series).

I don’t know if I’m as curious about Han as I am about Chewie and Lando. We both will learn more about them too so I’m happy about that.

This! I'm more excited now that Lando will be in it! I kept hoping he would pop up during TLJ. I am one of the few who wasn't a fan of R1 at all :duck:and I'm not especially excited about this one. I did like TLJ, and I will reserve judgment until after I see it; although, like a lot of you, I doubt it will be opening night. I'm also struggling with that actor, but perhaps he will grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter