Solo: A Star Wars Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminded me of the famous william shater "get a life" scetch. I'm a star trek fan and I completely love that scetch because it is very accurate to some portions of the fan base.

HaHa as we sit online day after day contemplating.

Maybe he could make an appearance on here. :rotfl2:

I do though wonder how they are going to resolve Kylo Ren's story in Ep 9. The obvious way is some kind of redemption storyline but they already did that with Vader so would be redundant and unlike in Vader's case, Kylo's master is dead and so I'm assuming in Ep 9 he is going to be the leader of the First Order. Don't really see him just deciding to abandon the first order. Just having him get killed and resistance wins doesn't seen quite satisfying.

I guess right now I'm thinking some kind of "balance to the force" ending where maybe Kylo and Rey together are the ones to finally bring a balance to the force that isn't dark or light or sith or jedi but they somehow come together to create something new. Bringing balance has been a part of Star Wars from the beginning so would be a fitting end to the skywlker saga.

On one of my Star Wars YouTube channels they played a clip from a cartoon where this big thing (reminded me of the cave opening in Aladdin) explains there’s the light side, the dark side, and the middle called “bendu” or something. The video predicted Rey and Kylo would discover The Bendu together and join forces to rule the galaxy and it predicted the Bendu is the balance the prophecy predicted.

The ending in episode 9 can make the previous movies flaws more acceptable and flesh the story out. Here is how I would like to see it done.

Bad *** ending
  • Kylo ends up recruiting Rey to the dark side and they become the new Master/apprentice for the next trilogy. Chance of happening 0%
Good endings
  • Kylo kills Rey at the end setting up his reign for the next trilogy. Chance of happening 1%
  • Rey kills Kylo with no redemption putting her on a path of grey area Jedi. Chance of happening 10%.
Acceptable ending
  • Rey kills Kylo however he is redeemed in some way or manner and dies in peace. However no way for him to return as a force ghost. Chance of happening 15%.
Awful ending
  • Kylo save Rey from general Hux in a self sacrificing way. After he dies he reunites with Force Luke and Force Obi and they celebrate with Ewoks, I mean Porgs and dance around a fire. Chance of happening 150%.

On one of my Star Wars YouTube channels they played a clip from a cartoon where this big thing (reminded me of the cave opening in Aladdin) explains there’s the light side, the dark side, and the middle called “bendu” or something. The video predicted Rey and Kylo would discover The Bendu together and join forces to rule the galaxy and it predicted the Bendu is the balance the prophecy predicted.

Yes, this was from Star Wars: Rebels. The Bendu is actually a creature that channels both sides of the force in balance and he became a bit of a spirit guide for Kanan. He also went absolutely nuts when the Empire brought war to his home planet and wrecked house on some walkers and ships with a huge force lightning storm!

There was a similar concept seen in The Clone Wars (and later Rebels) where there were powerful incarnations of the Father, Son, and Daughter. The Son and Daughter were the personifications of the Dark and Light sides respectively, while the Father represented balance.

The ending in episode 9 can make the previous movies flaws more acceptable and flesh the story out. Here is how I would like to see it done.

Bad *** ending
  • Kylo ends up recruiting Rey to the dark side and they become the new Master/apprentice for the next trilogy. Chance of happening 0%
Good endings
  • Kylo kills Rey at the end setting up his reign for the next trilogy. Chance of happening 1%
  • Rey kills Kylo with no redemption putting her on a path of grey area Jedi. Chance of happening 10%.
Acceptable ending
  • Rey kills Kylo however he is redeemed in some way or manner and dies in peace. However no way for him to return as a force ghost. Chance of happening 15%.
Awful ending
  • Kylo save Rey from general Hux in a self sacrificing way. After he dies he reunites with Force Luke and Force Obi and they celebrate with Ewoks, I mean Porgs and dance around a fire. Chance of happening 150%.
Problem with your awful ending is they wouldn’t be dancing with porgs, they’d be grilling them

Yes, this was from Star Wars: Rebels. The Bendu is actually a creature that channels both sides of the force in balance and he became a bit of a spirit guide for Kanan. He also went absolutely nuts when the Empire brought war to his home planet and wrecked house on some walkers and ships with a huge force lightning storm!

There was a similar concept seen in The Clone Wars (and later Rebels) where there were powerful incarnations of the Father, Son, and Daughter. The Son and Daughter were the personifications of the Dark and Light sides respectively, while the Father represented balance.
Did someone say balance?

Sorry wrong universe

The video predicted Rey and Kylo would discover The Bendu together and join forces to rule the galaxy and it predicted the Bendu is the balance the prophecy predicted.

Eesh, hoping I was wrong. :eek: :crazy2:

Not a boy and girl skipping away hand in hand, him with a blue light saber, and her with a now reworked PINK light saber.

Bad *** ending
Good endings
Acceptable ending
Awful ending

I actually think there is a > 0% chance of Rey turning to the dark side - it might not be to join Kylo, it might be more of a double switch

for your Awful Ending, I think something like that is the most likely, though I think more than sacrificing to be "good" I think it might be more just both take each other out to bring balance by canceling out both sides - that sort of thing

I actually think there is a > 0% chance of Rey turning to the dark side - it might not be to join Kylo, it might be more of a double switch

for your Awful Ending, I think something like that is the most likely, though I think more than sacrificing to be "good" I think it might be more just both take each other out to bring balance by canceling out both sides - that sort of thing

Never thought about the possibility that they both die. I think I would be ok with that, wipe the slate clean. Kind of a T2 ending with the roads of possibilities in front of us. Of course it's all in the execution but I'm kind of rooting for that one, well after the possibility of them going full Sith and going mid evil on the galaxy that is.

Never thought about the possibility that they both die. I think I would be ok with that, wipe the slate clean. Kind of a T2 ending with the roads of possibilities in front of us. Of course it's all in the execution but I'm kind of rooting for that one, well after the possibility of them going full Sith and going mid evil on the galaxy that is.
I agree with this more than anything. It doesn’t matter how they end it if it’s not executed well. Was the groundwork laid that the ending makes sense. I don’t really worry about or fall in love with theories before the fact. Seems like when you get to wrapped in that stuff it’s almost impossible to be satisfied.

I'm still rooting for Vader's eldest son, C-3PO.

Why did he get a red arm? When did he get a new gold arm? Isn't he the last Skywalker? How long must he remain a slave? Doesn't anyone care about the slaves and the droids in the galaxy? I care.

I'm still rooting for Vader's eldest son, C-3PO.

Why did he get a red arm? When did he get a new gold arm? Isn't he the last Skywalker? How long must he remain a slave? Doesn't anyone care about the slaves and the droids in the galaxy? I care.

L3 cared - though the fact Lando later had a mining facility with the area used to melt down droids guess she wasn’t too effective at conveying the message

Never thought about the possibility that they both die. I think I would be ok with that, wipe the slate clean.

Light sabering both of these heads off simultaneously would be very fitting for this trilogy.

My adult DS is huge SW fan, said was kinda surprised and was not sure what the red order was, other than was kinda surprised red skull was alive, as thought he was killed in the movie than was said to be before this one.

I too like SW stuff, and I thought this movie was eh, though enjoyed hearing that classic SW sounds.

My adult DS is huge SW fan, said was kinda surprised and was not sure what the red order was, other than was kinda surprised red skull was alive, as thought he was killed in the movie than was said to be before this one.

I too like SW stuff, and I thought this movie was eh, though enjoyed hearing that classic SW sounds.

I think you mean Crimson Dawn and Darth Maul. Red Skull fights Captain America. ;)

I went to the movie yesterday. I thought it was pretty good, and probably my favorite of the new movies, even though I originally didn't think it should be made. I could have really done without Darth Maul and the obvious setup for a sequel. And really, Darth Maul showing off the light saber, what was the point of that besides to sell more double sided light saber toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!