Solo at SWGE opening day. Team up?

Chrisizzle

Mouseketeer
I’ve had a solo trip planned for Monday August 25 to Friday August 30. It now overlaps with the grand opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge.

No, this does not ruin my trip. In fact, I live for unique experiences and it will be a great story to say I was there on opening day.

The problem comes with the logistics of being a single traveller. I don’t know the restrictions set by Disney, but this could involve lining up at midnight to get in at 6am. I’d risk losing my spot in line if I have run to the bathroom.

Are there any other solo travellers looking to say they were at SWGE on opening day?

I'll be there that week as well, as a solo traveler. I just booked it a couple weeks ago. I'm still surprised with myself that I'm willingly dealing with the massive opening day crowds :)

I've actually thought about the lines as a solo traveler as well. I'm hoping if I really need to exit the line for some reason, there will be friendly people around me. It is pretty easy to make friends, especially in these situations. I'm not planning on being at the park SUPER early, maybe just 5am or so, for the reason you mentioned.

I'll be there until the 1st, so I'm not too worried about doing everything that day. I'm most interested the merch, and just being there, soaking everything in. I'll have my chance eventually to ride Smuggler's Run and visit the cantina.

Ghrisizzle, I will be there 29th. Maybe around 3-4AM.
I am coming from All Star Sports, but dont know yet how to arrive. Busses wont go so early and I dont have rental yet.

I’m flying in for the opening as well. Staying at BWV so it’s a close walk to DHS. Still trying for a Cantina ADR on opening day, but I have one for 6 on Saturday afternoon.

Update:

I got a lightsaber reservation for Friday August 30 at 7:15am.

I still want to be there opening day just for bragging rights. However, I won’t be willing to wait in line at 3am anymore since I have a guaranteed entrance the following day.

If people are camped out waiting to get it, I will probably try my luck late on August 29th to see if I can casually visit on Opening Day. So, I won’t need a line-buddy as planned.

Best of luck to anyone that does and hope you find someone to tackle this with. :-)

I'll be there solo the next week. I'm not too concerned about crowds outside of SWGE. Disneyland's opening of it was a bust so I've read. They think people were so worried about the crowds that people stayed away. Even said they were cutting cast members hours because of the smaller than expected crowds.

I was gonna check out GE that day (today) but gotta stick around home and prep for this dang storm. Hopefully won't be too bad.

I still want to be there opening day just for bragging rights. However, I won’t be willing to wait in line at 3am anymore since I have a guaranteed entrance the following day.

If people are camped out waiting to get it, I will probably try my luck late on August 29th to see if I can casually visit on Opening Day. So, I won’t need a line-buddy as planned.
So... How'd it go?

So... How'd it go?

I got in opening day by booking a “Boarding Party” at noon and was in the land by 2:30pm. I just walked around, unwilling to wait the 120 mins to ride. All the shops had lines too.

When I left at 4:00pm, the land was open to everyone.

Later, I got on the hotel bus at 8pm to head back to the land because Smuggler’s Run wait times were down to 80-mins, but I got suddenly tired and hopped off before the bus left the resort.

I got to the park at 4:30am on Day Two thinking the Rope Drop would get me on the ride. However, Smuggler’s Run immediately had a 90-minute wait and I just did the Savi’s Light Sabre thingee.

There was no need to Rope Drop for the land. It was open to everyone and not near capacity. Except for the line to Smuggler’s Run, the entire land was vacant.

Side note: When I left SWGE at 8am, I did Slinky Dog for the first time because it only had a 10-min wait. So, the park was dead... just like we all heard about Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter