**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Since my divorce, i've been there 8 times in two years as a solo, I've found it to be even more enjoyable solo, although nothing beats taking my daugther to disney........ at any rate , i'm an avid golfer, and i go every few months for 3 to 5 days, i'm heading there oct 17-22 for the food and wine and the funai classic.... if any of ya'll will be around, happy to make new freinds.....johnny

Hey all!

I will be moving to just outside of Orlando in mid-January. As I am an abosolute Disney nut - I am thrilled!!!

I used to plan for ages to go. You know how it is when you have to plan a year or two in advance to save up for flights, hotel, etc. And then I often couldn't find anyone to go with me. There ARE people who think I'm nuts to want to go to Disney when I'm an adult. What's WRONG with these people?!!! I'd rather go to Disney than just about anywhere else! Now hopefully I'll be able to go quite often. I plan to get a resident pass as soon as I can.

I haven't been now for about five years. I moved from the east coast to Arizona. I did go to DL a coiuple of times but to me it doesn't compare with WDW.

I'm glad I found this board. I'll have to get one of the t-shirts and see if I spot someone else from this board!

Smiles,

Holly

I'm thinking of a Solo Land/Sea trip for this fall. I would be at WDW (CBR) October 27th --30th and on the Disney Wonder October 30 -- November 3. I know I can do WDW solo but I've never taken a cruise. Any solo cruisers out there who have advice or could point me to a thread I've missed on solo cruising? I hope to be recertified as a scuba diver by then and would like to dive Nassau and Castaway Cay.

Going solo to hang out with the Mouse in September and sampling a couple DVC resorts! Two weekends, before and after a conference in town. Sept 9, 10 and 11 at the Beach Club Villas and September 16, 17 and 18 at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Ye haw! :earboy2:

Sure . . . I am usually around, so anyone can just PM me if they would like to meet for a meal or to do the parks.

NOTE to smokers: I am a NON-smoker, but as long as you are willing to take your smoking breaks without me in a designated smoking area, we can still get along. ;)

Hi,

I am new to this website but it was recommended by a friend. I have reservations for the Disney LA cruise 7/23/05 to 7/30/05, my daughter and I were going but she needs to take a class for college during the summer and is unable to go. I now need to find someone to take her place. I am 44, non-smoking, I love Disney, this is my first cruise. I am meeting cousins onboard but their cabins are full with their families. Anyone who is thinking about this is very welcome to be a part of our group. We come from a large family and can be lots of fun. I need to find someone soon. This cruise needs to be paid in full by May 9th, this is also the last day to make changes in the names or anything else without any penalities. My daughter and her friend were going to be joining me so the room is set for 3 adults if you and a friend or family member are considering this. Please contact me at my email address kamiafive@yahoo.com

Thank you
Diane
kamiafive@yahoo.com

I'm thinking of doing a solo Disney trip. I've never been to WDW (or Disneyland for that matter) and I really want to go but have no one to go with that either wants to go or can afford to go. I would have never considering going it alone until I found this forum. Just found this message board last night so I'm looking forward to browsing through all the forums. I ordered my Disney Planning Package but having never been to WDW before any tips anyone can offer me either about going solo, ways to save money, or must-sees or need-to-do's or any of that I would appreciate any feedback you have for me. :)

First of all, welcome to the DISboard! :sunny:

I go solo a lot and love it. I find that to be great "God and Debbie" time! When planning what I have found to be most helpful is the "Theme Park Attractions and Strategies" thread board. Wow did I learn a lot! I just thought I was a pro until I read the threads there! :earboy2:

Go, have fun and let us know how your trip was! :flower:

Will anyone be going to Disney Between the 10th & 19th July...?

I will be on a solo visit from the UK & would love to have someone to look out for whilst I am there...

Well I won't be quite Solo.. Its actually me and "Junior", but I will only be 13 weeks pregnant then so perhaps we can overlook him...hehe :rotfl:

Seriously, I could do with some tips on what is safe to ride & which shows are best for Baby & me...

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Hazel ::MinnieMo

Littlegem said:
Will anyone be going to Disney Between the 10th & 19th July...?

I will be on a solo visit from the UK & would love to have someone to look out for whilst I am there...

Well I won't be quite Solo.. Its actually me and "Junior", but I will only be 13 weeks pregnant then so perhaps we can overlook him...hehe :rotfl:

Seriously, I could do with some tips on what is safe to ride & which shows are best for Baby & me...

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Hazel ::MinnieMo

Hi there Hazel,
Congratulations on the baby! Looks like we will be at WDW around the same time. Get ready for all that heat :sunny: .

Here are a couple of links you may find helpful.
http://allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm
http://allearsnet.com/pl/pregnant.htm

Hi Miss Mickey Mania...

Thankyou so much for the two links.... This has answered some of my questions regarding Favorite rides like "Splash Mountain" & "Tower of Terror"..

Guess I will just have to pass riding them on this trip... :sad2:
Still that gives me more time to concentrate on the things I usually miss ! :cheer2:

Its a Shame that my Husband can't be there with "us", but at least I will be able to go at my own pace, resting & eating when I feel like it...

I am going to have a couple of chill out days at the Water Parks, to help keep cool as well...

BTW ...I am staying at the Raddison Resort Parkway...

Hope you guy's have a Really great time, maybe I will see you there..

Hazel :wave:

Hi again Hazel,
Your plan sounds sensible. There are many rides and attractions you will still be able to enjoy. Just take it a little slower than you would usually do it.

I'm looking forward to taking things at my own pace as well, just doing my own thing. I'm staying onsite at Port Orleans Riverside.

Loiuse

I'm doing the solo thing (again!) in September (12th -19th) Never really considered meeting anybody while I was there - but if anyone is going to be there during that week, PM me...we'll talk!

:goodvibes Hi everyone,
I am a newbie. So glad to find this site & this board.

Have traveled solo at least 10 times. It's great!
Don't be discouraged or afraid. I started visiting disneyworld 1979.
Visited Disneyworld 1980-2000 with 'significant other'. Never
thought I'd be able to go to 'our favorite destination' ALONE.
I could not imagine not visiting Disney, and it is not convenient for
friends with families to pick up & go. So I became determined and
made my 1st trip alone 5 years ago. Have taken at least 2 trips per
year alone. Have also visited with a friend or two on several separate trips.
It is enjoyable either way. Traveling & sharing with companions is so
fun, but does require compromise & planning to make sure that it
is fair & everyone hits their disney wish list.
Alone you can plan as you wish. Shop as often as you wish. Eat
anything & everything, hahaha & at the restaurant of your choice.
Perhaps that one eatery you've always wanted to try. I'd go on my favorite rides multiple times, consecutively (rock-n-rollercoaster & haunted mansion) with no hesitation. Watch your favorite show multiple times, or watch fireworks at Magic Kingdom & then Epcot on the same evening, no worries, manuvering as one person, its easy. The single ride lines on the popular rides are no wait. You can people watch. You relax more, sit down and observe. You visit attractions & rides you would not normally stop at. Go see a movie at Pleasure Island AMC & have dinner at Pucks express. It's a whole new experience, it's fun. It's your movie pick, fav dinner & dessert.
You meet a lot of people. It seems as though you have so much more time.
You tend to talk to people & observe people more.
It gives you confidence & pride, that you can be by yourself, and enjoy it.
There is so much to do at Disney. Even if you feel uncomfortable going on rides alone, bring a book & sit by the pool. Then in the late afternoon go to Epcot. Enjoy all the wonderful Epcot music & entertainment & then Illuminations. Shop a bit. See a movie. Eat out, or in your room. There is just so much to do.
It is safe. It is clean. It is a beautiful destination, scenery everywhere.
Unlike so many solo vacations, it is affordable.
There is just no doubt that Disneyworld is one of the greatest solo
vacations around. :goodvibes

My mom and I used to go to WDW at least once a year when I was a child, teen, and even young adult. She divorced and wants to visit alone but I know she's nervous and to be honest I am too. She's in her mid 60's and I worry a lot. Any suggestions???????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter