**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

taswira

"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!
SOLO travelers ONLY - Are you headed to WDW or a DCL cruise and looking to meet other SOLO DISers? Or do you just want to let other solos know when you will be there? This is the place!

Don't forget to wear your lime green ribbon (or the lime green Mickey paint swatch from Home Depot)!

Shari

SOLOS, please utilize this thread for solo related topics and arranging solo DISer meets only! Thanks! ;)

This is a great alternative to a separate board! (Should have known Katholyn and Karen would come up with this creative idea!)
:smooth:

Thanks for setting this up. I can't wait to see if there is anyone else out there travelling when I am.

taswira, way to go! "They said it couldn't be done..." (insert appropriate music here).

I'll be a solo at WDW the next-to-last week in October. I'm looking forward to meeting anyone and everyone. :)

I will be at WDW SOLO December 5th - 11th. I will be wearing the Mickey lime green paint swatch WITH my lime green ribbons dangling from it.

This will be my 9th WDW visit, but my 5th SOLO visit.

I will be there solo Dec. 12-16. If someone wants to mee just let me know.

Originally posted by Claudia Kellenberger
I will be at WDW SOLO December 5th - 11th. I will be wearing the Mickey lime green paint swatch WITH my lime green ribbons dangling from it.

This will be my 9th WDW visit, but my 5th SOLO visit.

Why lime green? Where can I obtain these swatches and ribbons? Thanks.

Bill

Bill,
Lime green ribbons have been used by The DIS people for years to identify each other. Wear one if you want to say Hello to other DIS'ers.

Just a few months ago, someone on The DIS came up with this really neat idea.
Go to your nearest Home Depot store, and go to the area where they sell paint.
There should be a display for Disney paint. All the swatches are in the shape of MICKEY heads. There is a perfect lime green color called "Alien Green". These are perfect to cut out and wear on your shirt.

I'm going to wear the lime green MICKEY heads WITH my lime green ribbon dangling from it.

What a fantastic idea this forum is! Heading to the House of Mouse from November 29-December 6, and I can't wait to see who all will be there! Maybe this time (my second solo trip) I'll have someone to sing silly songs with at Jellyrolls!

Richard
(new member, first time poster)
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

it's a long way off, but just had to share;) just booked my 2nd solo trip for april 2004:Pinkbounc staying 5 nights at PC then 9 at CSR. :D
kathe

I will be taking my first solo trip for my birthday - Nov. 15-20. Can't wait...OKW or WL, still deciding though I have a ressie at WL. I normally stay at the Swan but did not get a great rate for the time of travel...willing to try something new...Lime Green Ribbons?? Is this a way of identifying DisBd Members? I am new to the boards and have been a Disney fan forever...what a wonderful place...Tee

<b>Welcome to the Adult/Solo Board, theresaruth</b>. Check out the threads for each month's solo travelers to see if anyone will be there during your vacation. Many DISers wear Lime Green ribbons to help other DISers identify them. If you see someone wearing one, say hi.

Hiya
Due to living close to WDW I visit often. Sometimes every weekend, or even run over after work just to walk around.
I always go SOLO, so if anyone is ever planning on visiting and would like company let me know. I would love to meet others that just find WDW fun, no matter how old we get. hehehehe.

Brady

Brady - I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Check your private messages! :p

Shari

Shari
Sorry I missed your PM. I wasn't around the house until last night and didn't even think about checking PM.

I did reply to the PM but also wanted to touch base here. Are you going over today, Christmas Eve?

looking forward to meeting ya sometime at WDW.

Brady (Marsha)

hi well I have a tripped plan july 1-4 and i was supposed to go with a friend but she cancelled on me at last minute so now I'm going alone...I was just curious if those who have gone can tell me if its actually fun going alone..I've never been alone so we'll see how this goes.:thewave:

Traveling solo is interesting, lilpatty19. People tend to enjoy it or not! While I enjoy traveling with others, I also enjoy the solo experience in a different way.

You are free to maintain your own schedule, talk to others or not, observe things you might not do with others, see attractions or go on rides you wouldn't otherwise take in. Eat when and where you choose, budget permitting!

Approach your solo trip with a positive attitude. You'll be surprised how much there is to do and enjoy when you travel solo!

Relax and enjoy!

Taja

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!