Solo Christmas Activities

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
I'll be doing a solo Christmas trip the second weekend in December. What are your favorite Christmas things to do at Disney? A few things on my list are: Jingle Cruise, new holiday show at DHS, Christmas Tree Trail at DS, the Holidays around the world thing in Epcot (I love Epcot at Christmas and I will be doing the Candlelight Processional), and resort hopping to see decorations (and probably hitting up a bar or two in the process). Any other suggestions, or tips for the things on my list? I posted on the dining section of the forum for dining suggestions to tie into this so those are appreciated as well, but anything to get me into the Christmas spirit would be great! Thanks!

I love Holidays around the World. and resort hopping. Contemporary has the best treats, I think, even though GF has the big gingerbread house. I plan to do the Christmas Tree Trail next year.

You might want to consider seeing the decorated trailers at Fort Wilderness. You could rent a golf cart to see them at night. Eating at Trail's End is very reasonable.

They also have a bar window on the porch. I just love sitting in a rocking chair there and people watching.

Don't forget to check the caroling schedule at the resorts.

As you know Epcot is perfection at Christmas and they have started having booths like Food and Wine.

Have a wonderful time. :love:

This will be my first time at Disney during Christmas as an adult so there's a lot that has changed in the past 15 years. I know I loved seeing the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian so I can't wait to go resort hopping. I can't wait to see the Candlelight processional while we are down there because Warwick Davis will be there.

I'll be doing a solo Christmas trip the second weekend in December. What are your favorite Christmas things to do at Disney? A few things on my list are: Jingle Cruise, new holiday show at DHS, Christmas Tree Trail at DS, the Holidays around the world thing in Epcot (I love Epcot at Christmas and I will be doing the Candlelight Processional), and resort hopping to see decorations (and probably hitting up a bar or two in the process). Any other suggestions, or tips for the things on my list? I posted on the dining section of the forum for dining suggestions to tie into this so those are appreciated as well, but anything to get me into the Christmas spirit would be great! Thanks!

I'm trying to squeeze a solo Christmas trip in also. Thanks for a good list of things for me to look at doing? When will you be there?

This will be my first time at Disney during Christmas as an adult so there's a lot that has changed in the past 15 years. I know I loved seeing the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian so I can't wait to go resort hopping. I can't wait to see the Candlelight processional while we are down there because Warwick Davis will be there.
What dates will you be there? I will be at the Yacht Club from December 11-16.

I had some unused vacation time this year and no one wanted to go to Vegas with me so I am going for a 4-day solo trip to WDW in a few weeks. Here's my rough plan.
Day 1: Land early (hopefully), check in at the Swan. Go over to Epcot to check out the World Showcase. I am debating whether I will go to the Mexico or US holiday booths for lunch. I am not interested in the celebrity for the candlelight processional during my stay, and I really don't like Illuminations anyway, so I'll just be walking around World Showcase to check out the vibe. Hopefully get a good drink and maybe a cookie while I'm there. Head back to the Swan for an early dinner at Il Mulino, then over to MK for the fireworks show because I haven't seen it yet.

Day 2: Head to Wilderness Lodge to check out the holiday decorations. Depending on how long that takes, I may also go to the Contemporary and the Poly. Then to MK in the afternoon for a late BoG lunch and then the xmas party. I have no plan for the party except see the fireworks and the parade.

Day 3. Disney Springs for the xmas tree trail and maybe a little Kate Spade xmas gift to me, from me. I'd like to get lunch at Homecomin'....hopefully there's a bar I can sit at. Then to HS to check out the decorations and the holiday show and JBJB.

Day 4. Breakfast at Ale & Compass, check out Beach/Yacht Club decorations. Go to whatever I didn't get to see out of Poly and Contemporary to see their decorations. Come back to my room to beautify. Then off to the GF to see the gingerbread house and take myself to Victoria and Alberts for dinner, because....I'm worth it.

If I'm not dead from exhaustion after dinner, go over to the MK and try to get some photopass shots in my sparkly dress.

I had some unused vacation time this year and no one wanted to go to Vegas with me so I am going for a 4-day solo trip to WDW in a few weeks. Here's my rough plan.
Day 1: Land early (hopefully), check in at the Swan. Go over to Epcot to check out the World Showcase. I am debating whether I will go to the Mexico or US holiday booths for lunch. I am not interested in the celebrity for the candlelight processional during my stay, and I really don't like Illuminations anyway, so I'll just be walking around World Showcase to check out the vibe. Hopefully get a good drink and maybe a cookie while I'm there. Head back to the Swan for an early dinner at Il Mulino, then over to MK for the fireworks show because I haven't seen it yet.

Day 2: Head to Wilderness Lodge to check out the holiday decorations. Depending on how long that takes, I may also go to the Contemporary and the Poly. Then to MK in the afternoon for a late BoG lunch and then the xmas party. I have no plan for the party except see the fireworks and the parade.

Day 3. Disney Springs for the xmas tree trail and maybe a little Kate Spade xmas gift to me, from me. I'd like to get lunch at Homecomin'....hopefully there's a bar I can sit at. Then to HS to check out the decorations and the holiday show and JBJB.

Day 4. Breakfast at Ale & Compass, check out Beach/Yacht Club decorations. Go to whatever I didn't get to see out of Poly and Contemporary to see their decorations. Come back to my room to beautify. Then off to the GF to see the gingerbread house and take myself to Victoria and Alberts for dinner, because....I'm worth it.

If I'm not dead from exhaustion after dinner, go over to the MK and try to get some photopass shots in my sparkly dress.
Sparkly dress? Can I join you for dinner at V&A? :) what dates are you going to be there?

Sparkly dress? Can I join you for dinner at V&A? :) what dates are you going to be there?
I'm going to V&A on Dec 9. You can join me but I'm not paying for you. LOL!!! Oh, and you have to wear a sparkly dress, too. :rotfl2:I'll be in WDW Dec 6-9, leaving early morning of the 10th. I'm sad about it already.

darn...I am just going to miss you. And I would have picked up the entire tab at V&A :) I will be there from the 11th till the 16th.

darn...I am just going to miss you. And I would have picked up the entire tab at V&A :) I will be there from the 11th till the 16th.
I'm trying to think if a man has ever bought me dinner before....it's been a long time, that's for sure. Thanks for the offer. :)

It's okay I couldn't resist saying what I'm excited for with the Christmas stuff at Disney. Last time I was at Disney I did my own thing anyways and I'll be going solo in February. I think it doesn't matter if I go solo or not since I'm the type of person that will enjoy Disney no matter what. I'm already looking forward to my February solo trip since I don't need to worry about what anyone else won't want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts