Solo cruise on Disney Cruise Line?

I am a 51 year old gay man and will be cruising for three nights on the Dream from 29/4/22. I have NO problem doing things on my own and cannot wait!

I am a 51 year old gay man and will be cruising for three nights on the Dream from 29/4/22. I have NO problem doing things on my own and cannot wait!

More power to you! I’m good at solo too in general; I went to the New Year’s Eve party at the California Grill solo which definitely seemed a little foreboding but I had the best time and was texting photos to my friends and family all night. It was a buffet so I didn’t think there would be tables but more roaming about. It turns out they had assigned tables, which made it much easier for a solo.

I had thought I would go back to my room at Bay Lake Tower for a couple hours but I only did so for a bit less than an hour. Too fun!!

I decided not to book the DCL cruise after my original post because I was looking at transatlantic and other long cruises, and the expense and advance planning was a little overwhelming so I held off. It’s now been almost a year since my husband’s death, and I’m in the early stages of dating a very interesting fellow who actually likes Disney. So maybe a transatlantic with him is in the future…. Time will tell.

Last edited:
P.S. On the first, short Disney cruise I did with my husband and son, we did concierge and there is no going back. But the prices are just eye popping and even though I have the means, it is hard to pull the trigger.

(And, if the reference to my son is confusing in terms of my solo travels, he also has a mom with a separate household and goes back and forth so he was with mom. This was all by design, a 2-dad and one mom family for my son who will graduate from high school this year.)

My partner and I went on a cruise once and, due to some snafu, we got placed at a larger round table with 6-8 other guests. We actually enjoyed ourselves greatly. I wonder if DCL has these kinds of tables for singles?

Thanks for this tip!
I cruise solo on Celebrity, and I do not pay for two guests. It is more than it would be if I sailed with someone else, but it's not that much. I have priced out Norwegian's single cabins and they are more than a regular cabin with the single supplement. They do have a separate lounge.

The new Celebrity ships have a few single cabins, and I really want to try one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter