solo MNSSHP

DWFamilyof6

Mouseketeer
WWYD? I have a conference at Universal from 9/11-14. Would you come an extra day early for the 10th MNSSHP or try to make the 13th party, if you have time... by yourself? I've never ever done Disney by myself but am so tempted since I'll be done there. Just wondering how the party is solo?

I always do the party solo. I love Trick or treating. Never did it as a child, so making up for lost time.
I think as time goes on going solo is becoming more common.

I have only been to one party (2013) with 2 family members but I would absolutely go solo. With going solo, you can do exactly what YOU want to do. I ended up waiting in lines for character meet and greets with brother and SIL when I would have preferred going on rides, walking around and enjoying the atmosphere and watching both parades. There are quite a few ppl who go to the parties solo. Enjoy yourself and report back to us on your experience!

I went solo last year while I was in FL for a work trip and I’d do it again! I had the whole day so I went to Disney Springs for a while and then was able to enter MK right at 4 pm. I did three FP right in a row, and then grabbed dinner at Pecos Bills before the party got in full swing. I really enjoyed wandering around and hopping on rides on my own, and I even jumped in the candy lines just to go inside and cool down for a bit here and there. I ate a dole whip while I watched the parade, found a great spot for the fireworks, and saw tons of awesome costumes. People were super friendly and I chatted with several while in line for various rides. I didn’t do any photopass shots or meet any characters, but you certainly could. It was great!

You bet your buns I would go solo! In fact I wish I could go solo EVERY time I go! I've only done it once and it was amazing! All of my fears of being stuck inside my own head with no one to talk to was totally not true. You'll be surprised at how many opportunities there will be to jump into conversations. Not a soul will notice that you are alone, nor will they care. I mean think about it. When you're standing in line for a drink and whoever your with is waiting somewhere, or when you run to the restroom alone, does anyone look at you funny? Nope, they just assume whoever your with is doing something else at that moment. IF they even think about it that far. I didn't run into anyone that was rude or mean. There is a camaraderie amongst people on an expensive vacation lol. I notice this no matter where I am in Orlando. Other folks always smile at you when you're waiting on your table at restaurants all over town. It's like we're saying to each other, "hey! We're at Disney World! We're all heading to the parks and this is the best day ever!" It's like everyone is just happy to be there so the friendly vibe rubs off everywhere." Or at least that has been my experience. Everyone is excited to ask where you're from and things like that. I did have a lot of people to be in awe that I would come alone to WDW but it was a neat conversation piece if people asked or I volunteered the info. Once you do it, you'll want to do it again. Trust me.

I’ve done two solo parties and had an awesome time. Two years ago I met up with two other Disers for half the party which was a lot of fun, and last year I went solo. You do everything at your own pace. I got a pic with the 7 Dwarves last year only waiting 15 mins. It was all about timing, and since I didn’t have to worry about anyone else I was able to jump in line. Did majority of the rides, trick or treat trails. I had a lot of conversations with people waiting in line or before the parade. Definitely try it, it’s a good time. I’m changing it up this year and attending the Christmas party for the first time.

I always have a work conference in Orlando in September and have done the party solo as a result! I don’t do trick or treating, and most character meets don’t appeal to be but it was a great time! I find it to be quite relaxing to be in the parks alone.

Inquiring minds who are doing the Halloween party solo this year are curious about when/how you found such success with the line for the Seven Dwarves. :)
Maybe Pixie dust!! :tink:I was second on line for a pic with Minnie so it had to be around 7:05pm. Did a trick or treat trail nearby, walked on Dumbo, then went into the Big Top Tent and grabbed a chocolate covered pineapple spear. I was standing outside where the Dwarves meet and the cast member yelled minimal wait for 7 Dwarves!!! I ran in there and it was only 15 minutes! I was so happy because the year before it was over two hours! I just couldn’t do it. I think I did the 9/25 party last year and I didn’t find it too busy.

I'll probably be doing at least 2 parties solo if I decide to purchase the Halloween party pass. DH has absolutely no interest and it's a battle just to get him to attend one. I told him we can get in at 2:00 so we won't need a park ticket for that day and we can have dinner and he can leave when he wants, just to get him to go once.

I'm going solo for the 13th party. Just there for a quick trip to get the passholder stuff before our APs run out and experience SWGE (my wife isn't as big of a fan and doesn't do the heat well). Have to do the Halloween party, it's the best time of year.

You bet your buns I would go solo! In fact I wish I could go solo EVERY time I go! I've only done it once and it was amazing! All of my fears of being stuck inside my own head with no one to talk to was totally not true. You'll be surprised at how many opportunities there will be to jump into conversations. Not a soul will notice that you are alone, nor will they care. I mean think about it. When you're standing in line for a drink and whoever your with is waiting somewhere, or when you run to the restroom alone, does anyone look at you funny? Nope, they just assume whoever your with is doing something else at that moment. IF they even think about it that far. I didn't run into anyone that was rude or mean. There is a camaraderie amongst people on an expensive vacation lol. I notice this no matter where I am in Orlando. Other folks always smile at you when you're waiting on your table at restaurants all over town. It's like we're saying to each other, "hey! We're at Disney World! We're all heading to the parks and this is the best day ever!" It's like everyone is just happy to be there so the friendly vibe rubs off everywhere." Or at least that has been my experience. Everyone is excited to ask where you're from and things like that. I did have a lot of people to be in awe that I would come alone to WDW but it was a neat conversation piece if people asked or I volunteered the info. Once you do it, you'll want to do it again. Trust me.
All these amazing responses has me deciding to extend the trip for the weekend at Disney. I'm booking it and doing the party too! I'm so excited!

I’ve done two solo parties and had an awesome time. Two years ago I met up with two other Disers for half the party which was a lot of fun, and last year I went solo. You do everything at your own pace. I got a pic with the 7 Dwarves last year only waiting 15 mins. It was all about timing, and since I didn’t have to worry about anyone else I was able to jump in line. Did majority of the rides, trick or treat trails. I had a lot of conversations with people waiting in line or before the parade. Definitely try it, it’s a good time. I’m changing it up this year and attending the Christmas party for the first time.
It does sound fun now that I've read all these responses. I'm doing it!

I always have a work conference in Orlando in September and have done the party solo as a result! I don’t do trick or treating, and most character meets don’t appeal to be but it was a great time! I find it to be quite relaxing to be in the parks alone.
It sounds amazing! I'm doing it!

Oh man, you're going to have so much fun! Just know going in that there is so much to do at the Halloween party; be sure to pick your top priorities (character meets, shows, parades, etc.). I've never been able to fit everything into one night at MNSSHP, but I've always had a blast when I've done it, whether solo or as part of a group. Also, if you like wearing costumes, this is a prime time to wear a costume. Even when I did something as simple as a low-cost pirate costume with a Jack Sparrow-esque hat, CMs and other guests greeted me by the character's name all night.

Oh man, you're going to have so much fun! Just know going in that there is so much to do at the Halloween party; be sure to pick your top priorities (character meets, shows, parades, etc.). I've never been able to fit everything into one night at MNSSHP, but I've always had a blast when I've done it, whether solo or as part of a group. Also, if you like wearing costumes, this is a prime time to wear a costume. Even when I did something as simple as a low-cost pirate costume with a Jack Sparrow-esque hat, CMs and other guests greeted me by the character's name all night.
Thank you for the tips! I'm excited to sit down and decide what I want to do.... not what the whole family wants to do. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!