Solo Trip - October 2018 (24-31st)

RVJarrett

Earning My Ears
So, I'm doing my first solo trip in October 2018 from the 24th to the 31st.
I'm staying in Art of Animation this time :)
I'm flying from the UK, I've been to WDW quite a few times, and lived in Orlando for a year, so know my way around the parks.
I've never done a solo trip before, but I was hoping to make some connections/meet some park buddies to go play in the parks with.
There's quite a few restaurants I'd like to try out, and I'm going to the Not So Scary party on the 25th.
If you're looking for a park buddy within those time-scales, then I'm definitely free :3

My ADR's are below - let me know if you'd like to tag along!(I upgraded my dining - lots of food, but I love the restaurants!) - I'd quite like to do Garden Grill/Ohana/Cape May, but especially Garden Grill as I've never been before, so happy to switch one of the breakfasts out.

24/10 - California Grill 9:15pm

25/10 – The Wave 7:30am

25/10 – Skipper’s Canteen 11:55am

25/10 – Paddlefish 4:10pm

26/10 – Boma 7:40am

26/10 – Yak & Yeti 12pm

26/10 – Tiffins 5:50pm

27/10 – 50s Prime Time 11am

27/10 – Hollywood Brown Derby (Fantasmic dinner show) 4:15pm

28/10 – The Edison 12:10pm

28/10 – The Boathouse 6pm

29/10 – Ale and Compass 7:30am

29/10 – Le Cellier 12:15

29/10 – Yachtsman 6pm

30/10 – Be Our Guest 9:30

30/10 – Tony’s Town Square (Festival of Fantasy package) 11:55am

30/10 – Mama Melrose 5:45pm

Last edited:
I'll be down in WDW around the same time. My parents take their RV down to Fl for several weeks every year and I usually fly in and crash at Ft Wilderness for a week or so. This year I'll be there Oct 24 - Nov 2nd. While I'll be spending time with some of my family, I also spend plenty of time going solo and doing my own thing. Especially during Food/Wine I've been known to haunt the World Showcase trying to hit all the booths over the course of my stay.

I'll be down in WDW around the same time. My parents take their RV down to Fl for several weeks every year and I usually fly in and crash at Ft Wilderness for a week or so. This year I'll be there Oct 24 - Nov 2nd. While I'll be spending time with some of my family, I also spend plenty of time going solo and doing my own thing. Especially during Food/Wine I've been known to haunt the World Showcase trying to hit all the booths over the course of my stay.

Food and Wine is definitely on my list! The booths are one of my favourite things about wandering around Epcot!

Yep, while the booths can get pricey I love getting one of the F&W passports during my 1st Epcot stop and trying to get stamps at as many places as possible ... I try not to cheat and try at least one item from anywhere I get a stamp.

For this year's trip I'm not sure what to do yet for Halloween? ... may just decide to hand out candy from our site at Ft Wilderness which can be both very fun and insane. A few years back I think FtW had 800+ kids on the candy warpath. I miss the days of the Adventurer's Club as that was the place to be for Halloween! I'm wondering if Trader Sam's or Jellyrolls will be doing something special for 10/31

Also leaning towards trying the Swolphin Food&Wine event on Friday evening 10/26, and possibly doing the Star Wars Void VR experience in Disney Springs at some point. While October is way off in the distance, the ADR window is coming up soon so I'm starting to get a feel for my overall plan

We will be there (hubby & I) October 25-29. Just FYI- the 26th and 27th are the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic- it is amazing! We have gone the last 5 years and I highly recommend it!

I'll be in Disneyland in California for Halloween, but I couldn't not do the party whilst I was in WDW ( I love the parade).
That's really cool though that they let people hand out candy! I've never heard of that.
I've never heard of the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic, but it looks really good!
I'm also looking to try and do the VR experience (I missed it when it came to London) :(

just a suggestion - pay the extra to stay at Pop. Most if not all the rooms should be freshly renovated by the time you arrive. Other perks include not sharing any buses sans DME (and it's only with AoA), the ability to take the AoA bus and walk to Pop, the ability to walk over to AoA for better food options and just overall a nicer stay opposed to the AS resorts. Have an absolute blast!

just a suggestion - pay the extra to stay at Pop. Most if not all the rooms should be freshly renovated by the time you arrive. Other perks include not sharing any buses sans DME (and it's only with AoA), the ability to take the AoA bus and walk to Pop, the ability to walk over to AoA for better food options and just overall a nicer stay opposed to the AS resorts. Have an absolute blast!

I did consider paying the extra to stay at Pop... However, I'm staying 5 nights at the Disneyland hotel in Cali after this trip, and free dining opens up in the UK next week (hopefully) and I'm considering splurging on a deluxe for my trip next year :3 Although which deluxe to pick is going to be the tricky bit!

I'm doing my first solo trip the 10-20, so I will just miss you. Have a great time!

Hello!

I'm also from the UK and will be in WDW from 24th October to 7th November and am attending MNSHP on the 25th October! We fly from Gatwick on the 24th. If you'd like to hang around with me and my partner at any point please drop me a PM and I'll give you my contact details. We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Would be cool to have an additional buddy :)

I've got my ADRs and events booked for my 10/24-11/2 trip. Now the fun is scrambling for FPs in late August. I'm doing some dinners and events with my parents as it's a big anniversary (50th!) for them. Most of the other times I'll probably be doing my own things. Since I'm crashing at Ft Wilderness with a preferred site right near The Settlement/Bay Lake, I'm also known to take an afternoon break and head back to the RV and relax with a drink or two. Based on my current reservations, my tentative plans are looking like:

10/24: Flight arrives. Relax at FtW. Trying to hit Trader's Sam ~ 3 - 3:30 before opening. After Trader Sam's hit MK for the Fireworks dessert party (we have the pre-party booked)

10/25: Try to rope drop MK, and do rides/FPs for the morning. Grab lunch at MK or somewhere along Bay Lake. Relax at FtW, then head over to Disney Springs for Dinner at Raglan Road

10/26: AK morning. Hoping to snag a FP before 1PM for Flight of Passage (wishful thinking?) ... if not then I'm looking at an early rope drop at AK for FoP. Do some AK for the morning, lunch at Satuli maybe? Break in the afternoon before hitting the Swolphin Food/Wine Classic! (And I got Beer Garden Tix)

10/27: No major plans ... probably sleep in. I've got lunch reservations at The Boathouse, so I'll probably spend the afternoon at Disney Springs. Good chance I may try the Star Wars Void VR experience ... reservations aren't open yet. No idea what I'm doing for dinner? May grab a Lapu Lapu at the Poly to watch the fireworks

10/28: Cali Grill Brunch. Late afternoon/evening at AK where I should be able to get a FP for FoP and catch Pandora at night

10/29: EPCOT all-day! Rope drop for rides in the morning. I'll then be wandering around the F&W kiosks for the day. Meeting the parents for dinner at Via Napoli

10/30: Rope drop for HS. Probably head back to Epcot F&W for the afternoon an then dinner at the Yachtsman. May want to try the Baseline Taphouse at HS?

10/31: Probably some HS and Epcot F&W? Since it's Halloween I may catch some of the craziness at FtW ... golf cart parade etc ... Don't know what I'm doing yet for Halloween night. Trader Sam's, Disney Springs? Handing out candy at the fort??

11/1: Another pick-up day. Besides dinner ADR at Trail's end not sure what to plan yet. Probably hit Epcot at least to clean-up anything I missed for F&W

So yep, I sort of have a functioning plan for my trip. If anybody may be near Ft Wilderness while I'm at WDW, keep an eye out for our RV. I should be able to post a site # once I arrive. We should have a big BROCKTOON sign on the front and I've been known to share some beers if I'm around, as I'm a beer geek and always pack the RV with a couple caft brew cases.

If anybody's location/times overlap, I'm always down for hanging out. Especially stuff like F&W Fest and Trader Sam's which is a blast with as many folks as possible!

Hello!

I'm also from the UK and will be in WDW from 24th October to 7th November and am attending MNSHP on the 25th October! We fly from Gatwick on the 24th. If you'd like to hang around with me and my partner at any point please drop me a PM and I'll give you my contact details. We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Would be cool to have an additional buddy :)

Ah! Perfect! I will pop you a PM now :)

I've got my ADRs and events booked for my 10/24-11/2 trip. Now the fun is scrambling for FPs in late August. I'm doing some dinners and events with my parents as it's a big anniversary (50th!) for them. Most of the other times I'll probably be doing my own things. Since I'm crashing at Ft Wilderness with a preferred site right near The Settlement/Bay Lake, I'm also known to take an afternoon break and head back to the RV and relax with a drink or two. Based on my current reservations, my tentative plans are looking like:

10/24: Flight arrives. Relax at FtW. Trying to hit Trader's Sam ~ 3 - 3:30 before opening. After Trader Sam's hit MK for the Fireworks dessert party (we have the pre-party booked)

10/25: Try to rope drop MK, and do rides/FPs for the morning. Grab lunch at MK or somewhere along Bay Lake. Relax at FtW, then head over to Disney Springs for Dinner at Raglan Road

10/26: AK morning. Hoping to snag a FP before 1PM for Flight of Passage (wishful thinking?) ... if not then I'm looking at an early rope drop at AK for FoP. Do some AK for the morning, lunch at Satuli maybe? Break in the afternoon before hitting the Swolphin Food/Wine Classic! (And I got Beer Garden Tix)

10/27: No major plans ... probably sleep in. I've got lunch reservations at The Boathouse, so I'll probably spend the afternoon at Disney Springs. Good chance I may try the Star Wars Void VR experience ... reservations aren't open yet. No idea what I'm doing for dinner? May grab a Lapu Lapu at the Poly to watch the fireworks

10/28: Cali Grill Brunch. Late afternoon/evening at AK where I should be able to get a FP for FoP and catch Pandora at night

10/29: EPCOT all-day! Rope drop for rides in the morning. I'll then be wandering around the F&W kiosks for the day. Meeting the parents for dinner at Via Napoli

10/30: Rope drop for HS. Probably head back to Epcot F&W for the afternoon an then dinner at the Yachtsman. May want to try the Baseline Taphouse at HS?

10/31: Probably some HS and Epcot F&W? Since it's Halloween I may catch some of the craziness at FtW ... golf cart parade etc ... Don't know what I'm doing yet for Halloween night. Trader Sam's, Disney Springs? Handing out candy at the fort??

11/1: Another pick-up day. Besides dinner ADR at Trail's end not sure what to plan yet. Probably hit Epcot at least to clean-up anything I missed for F&W

So yep, I sort of have a functioning plan for my trip. If anybody may be near Ft Wilderness while I'm at WDW, keep an eye out for our RV. I should be able to post a site # once I arrive. We should have a big BROCKTOON sign on the front and I've been known to share some beers if I'm around, as I'm a beer geek and always pack the RV with a couple caft brew cases.

If anybody's location/times overlap, I'm always down for hanging out. Especially stuff like F&W Fest and Trader Sam's which is a blast with as many folks as possible!

I'm hoping to get in on FoP twice...I hope! I managed it twice on my last trip...so fingers crossed! Also hoping to get Food and Wine in as much as possible :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!