Some help please on BWI

franw

DIS Veteran
I will be staying at the BWI 4-29 thru 5/4 with a friend who will be taking a break from caring for her sister who is in home hospice care due to advanced liver cancer. I'd really like to be sure we get a quiet room with a pretty view. I have asked for a standard room with a garden view. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best rooms to ask for to be sure it isn't noisy or a bad view? I think she'll be using the room to rest a lot and want to make sure she has a peaceful and "soothing" visit. Would it help to call the front desk the morning of our arrival and explain the situation. I know everyone wants a terrific room and deserves the best there is to offer so I feel bad asking for special treatment. We mostly plan to walk and talk and enjoy the garden show at Epcot but I know she is going to be pretty exhausted. Any thoughts out there?

Did you request a quiet away of the resort when you made your reservation? The CM would have noted on your reservation - also you can fax the room assigner at BWI four days before your arrival date with a nice note stating why you would need a certain type of room

Thanks
Jason

If you can't get a garden view and they want to give you an entrance side room, try to get an upper floor. Last December, we had a room on the second floor facing the walkway to the bus stop. People were always walking by and talking. Luckily it was only for 1 night before we moved to BWV for 6 nights (DVC). I would fax or call the front desk 3 or 4 days before and explain your situation.

I would ask for a rose garden view. It's very quiet and peaceful. :) I also think the quiet pool view is nice. :) The only view that would be "bad" would be the rooms by the bus and parking lot. But those are all considered standard view.

We were in room 4298 last November. Standard room but great view of EPCOT ball, the land pavillion and eiffel tower. Watched the higher fireworks. It was a beautiful room, with daybed, great view for standard and very quiet.

We asked for as close as possible to elevator since my mother (age 70) needed to trim the walking where we could. Also asked for whatever magic they could spare on the view.

It couldn't have worked out better for us.

Good luck and have a great trip. It will be a great place for your friend to 'decompress'. Be sure to go sit out on the porch early in the morning and just watch the water!

Sharon

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll be sure to fax a request off and hopefully reservations will be as kind and as helpful as you have been. Wouldn't life be nice if we had a "Disney Board" to go to for all of life's questions!

Franw, Nice to see another Coloradan on the boards! There aren't many of us.

Have wonderful trip!

Sharon

Hi Hightown, I know what you mean although I have been able to convert many Coloradans to the joys of Disney. Far too many of them went to WDW and stayed off-site at peak times. My dear friend who is going with me this trip is a teacher and could only go on school breaks and stayed off-site. After taking her a few times on-site has transformed her atitude about going to Disney on a regular basis. I am even getting my DH to admit that it really is a great place to relax - not a giant amusement park. Maybe one of these days we'll cross paths there! Any lover of WDW has to be a person I would enjoy.

I would fax the room assigner about 4 days before you arrive. We had a similar situation last summer. We took my mom to WDW after she had been battling cancer all year. I explained that we needed a quiet room as she would be resting frequently during our stay. I didn't ask for any upgrades just a quiet room. When we arrived we not only got a quiet room but a two level upgrade and wishes that our stay was magical for us and our mom. The CM's were great! I think most are understanding about personal difficulties as long as someone isn't just trying to get something for nothing, which many feel they are entitled to.

Just back last Friday from a week in room 5266 (king bed), but a wonderful view of the gardens, EPCOT Illuminations, very quiet and beautiful!

I had requested nothing, but asked for what I wanted when I checked in on Saturday! Thanks to Rachel at the BWI frontdesk, a wonderful cast member, we had an excellent stay!

It was perhaps my best WDW trip out of over 30 or so!:Pinkbounc

Franw, I don't have anything to add on room views but wanted to say you sound like a good friend and I hope you and your friend have a great trip!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter