some ideas for a night out for hubby and I

kerry34

DIS Veteran
I thought this would be a good place to ask for some tips for my husband and I for a night out. This will be his first vacation since returning from serving in Afghanistan last year. He went right back to his job when he got home and aside from taking a few days off here and there to do things around the house, he hasn't had any time for fun. He is so excited about going. He has not been to Disney since he was a kid. We have five kids and since my mom is traveling with us we will have a night out to ourselves. Although I have been to Disney a few times, I dont really know of any good really romantic spots for just the two of us. Any suggestions for dinner with a nice atmosphere for two would be helpful, also any quiet places to just enjoy the scenery is nice. I really want to make this trip special for him and my kids as well. We havent been able to travel together in a long time, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Kerry

One of the things we like to do is to just go to the parks in the evenings - especially EPCOT...it is really nice to stroll along leisurely in the countries...maybe stop and watch one of the movies in France, China, Canada, etc. Have a nice dinner and drinks, watch the fireworks. Maybe take a stroll along the boardwalk area as well and check out the hotels around there. With the different countries in EPCOT, an evening spent there can feel like you just got back from Europe or somewhere else exotic and different.

Good luck and enjoy your evening out!

If you're willing to put out major bucks, Vistoria & Albert's is THE most romantic place for dinner. DH and I went a few years ago, and we had a regular table (not Chef's Table) and the "regular" wine paring. With tip, it cost a little over $300. But, the atmosphere is incredible (intimate setting, harpist, lovely decor), the food is fabulous, and the chocolate souffle is to DIE for! Also, each woman gets a rose, and if it a special occasion (we were celebrating out first anniversary), they give you a chocolate card! The menu's have your names at the top (ours said "Happy Anniversary, Eileen & Jim!") and you can take them home with you.

However, for something a little more reasonable, the Flying Fish Cafe next to Boardwalk, has excellent food choices (DH loves the charred NY strip) and the decor is wonderful. We usually spend about $125 here for the two of us, but we go all out-drinks, appetizers, desserts.

I hope you have a great time ans tell your DH, Welcome home!

Thanks to both of you for the great suggestions. I am definately going to check into Victoria & Alberts, and I never even gave the Boardwalk a thought either. I have further looked into Epcot for the two of us at night and have found there are some nice little spots in France to relax. I appreciate the help.

Kerry

Some more ideas:

- I second V&A's, also consider getting a couple's massage at the GF spa before hand, and then walking over to the Poly beach to watch Wishes after dinner
- Anything in the World Showcase at Epcot! We find getting a glass of wine in France and strolling around to be very romantic! And don't miss Illuminations!
- Dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, and then a stroll around the BW. Get an after dinner drink at the Bellevue Room. Head to Jelly Rolls for some late night fun.
- See La Nouba at DTD, and then head to Pleasure Island!

Have a great trip! Glad that your DH is back with you!

katie

Also, if you want to have a fun night, and you both enjoy good beer and/or wine, try to do "beers around the World" as we like to call it. Just about every nation in WS has their own beer and wine to offer. DH and I tried it last year, but I only got through 3 countries wines and he made it through 5 beers. Then, we went to Jellyrolls, and found everything even funnier than it normally is. Go figure! Have a great time

California Grill is a nice place to spend an evening. It's in the Contemporary Resort and, if you time it right, you can see the MK fireworks during dinner. We've gone before and brought our children, but hope to return in October without our children. Nice place, great food!

On our upcoming child-free trip we also hope to go to Boma, Pleasure Island, and maybe Cirque.

T&B

I second the recommendation for the California Grill, particularly if you can time it so that you can see the MK fireworks. DH & I went there last November for our 25th anniversary and it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my life. The room can be a bit noisy, but the peoplewatching was great, and the service was absolutely perfect. When our server found out what we were celebrating, she went out of her way to make it a special evening, even brought her husband (he was also a server) over to join in pampering us! We also had a good time at Jellyrolls on the same trip. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you and your hubby will have some magical moments together!

Well I love the idea of watching the fireworks over dinner. Thanks for the info. There have been so many good ideas posted here that I went from "not having a clue", to "can't decide what to do first!!" It's definately a good thing that I have a few months to make my plans!!!

Thanks To All,

Kerry

Has anyone been to this lounge?? My DH and I might go while on #20 Anniversary trip! He wanted to have dinner there at a fireworks table but then we had overbooked our nights out and both agreed to have a night w/o plans for dinner. But the view of EPCOT and MK fireworks sounds great. Anyone??

www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOPV/dining/main.wnt
::yes::

Ditto on what two others have said about CG. My DH and I went there when he came back from Iraq last year. If you can't get a PS for CG, you can also see the Fireworks from Narcoosee's at the GF. We haven't tried it yet, but are planning to over Labor Day (he went BACK to Iraq and is back again...and he asked to go to WDW again!) We also did V&A and it was wonderful.

Best of Luck!

Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter