Some questions regarding the B Resort and Best Western Disney Springs area hotels.

Master Fastpasser

Registered
So I'm an onsite kind of girl however after staying at CR a couple weeks ago I started looking into DS area hotels especially since at least B Resort and Best Western seem to be deluxe style for value resort pricing.

First I'm curious to know if you recommend either of those hotels.

Also is bus transportation good? We are definitely RD'ers so we'd want to be on the first bus to the parks each day. Are tons of people hoping to get on that first bus so that we have to arrive at the bus pick up area extremely early?

Speaking of transportation I was considering a Mears shuttle to/from the airpot since I'm used to DME and Mears runs that.
Opinions?

One more quick question.... Do these hotels have a mini fridge in the rooms?
If not it would be a real bummer.

I remember the B having a fridge and I think it's a good resort - just as good as a moderate room. We did not like the bus transportation. I can elaborate on that more but it's worth doing uber.

I remember the B having a fridge and I think it's a good resort - just as good as a moderate room. We did not like the bus transportation. I can elaborate on that more but it's worth doing uber.
How much did Uber cost you? Was thinking we could opt for that especially in the AM.

With the money you save staying off property, Lyft or Uber are real options. We save $50 or more staying at The B instead of a moderate. We take the bus to the park in the morning and rideshare home. Its an average of $15, depending on which park you are going to/leaving. You can go on rideguru.com and put in the addresses of the parks and the hotel and get a good idea of what the fare will be. We aren't rope droppers, so I can't say how full the buses are first thing, but I do know if not all waiting get on the bus, another one shows up very soon. We can't complain about the bus service. Both on property and off property buses have their pros and cons.

As for the The B, we actually prefer it over a moderate. When we stay we wait for a discount through mousesavers. Along with a nice discount, resort fee is sometimes waived. The rooms are fine, they are clean and quiet. I've heard people complain that its rundown, but we've stayed a few times and that is not our experience. If I was given a bad room, I would ask to move. Staff is very friendly and willing to oblige, if they can. On our last day, I forgot a lot of cash *!!!* in the safe and they held it at the front desk and I picked it up when we went back for out luggage. Gave me a very good feeling about this place. The beds are very comfortable. Yes there is a little mini fridge. At the far end of the room, there is a couch with the closet across from it. Made a nice spot to lay out clothes when getting ready each day. They have a little store that is pricey but handy for little things you may need. They are close to Disney Springs, although for us it was a bit of a walk in the heat. We have groceries delivered from Publix and when they arrived, one of the staff brought it up for free. He wouldn't even accept a tip! I think it may have been the manager?
If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them. As you can see, I do recommend The B Resort.
Oh, we also use Lyft/uber to and from the airport. its always under $30 and just so easy and convenient. We tried a shuttle once and it was just a pain to wait until everyone got there for them to take off with a full shuttle. And of course not everyone is going to the same hotel so your ride might take longer if you have to let others off first.

Last edited:

With the money you save staying off property, Lyft or Uber are real options. We save $50 or more staying at The B instead of a moderate. We take the bus to the park in the morning and rideshare home. Its an average of $15, depending on which park you are going to/leaving. You can go on rideguru.com and put in the addresses of the parks and the hotel and get a good idea of what the fare will be. We aren't rope droppers, so I can't say how full the buses are first thing, but I do know if not all waiting get on the bus, another one shows up very soon. We can't complain about the bus service. Both on property and off property buses have their pros and cons.

As for the The B, we actually prefer it over a moderate. When we stay we wait for a discount through mousesavers. Along with a nice discount, resort fee is sometimes waived. The rooms are fine, they are clean and quiet. I've heard people complain that its rundown, but we've stayed a few times and that is not our experience. If I was given a bad room, I would ask to move. Staff is very friendly and willing to oblige, if they can. On our last day, I forgot a lot of cash *!!!* in the safe and they held it at the front desk and I picked it up when we went back for out luggage. Gave me a very good feeling about this place. The beds are very comfortable. Yes there is a little mini fridge. At the far end of the room, there is a couch with the closet across from it. Made a nice spot to lay out clothes when getting ready each day. They have a little store that is pricey but handy for little things you may need. They are close to Disney Springs, although for us it was a bit of a walk in the heat. We have groceries delivered from Publix and when they arrived, one of the staff brought it up for free. He wouldn't even accept a tip! I think it may have been the manager?
If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them. As you can see, I do recommend The B Resort.
Oh, we also use Lyft/uber to and from the airport. its always under $30 and just so easy and convenient. We tried a shuttle once and it was just a pain to wait until everyone got there for them to take off with a full shuttle. And of course not everyone is going to the same hotel so your ride might take longer if you have to let others off first.

Thanks for all the great info!

Overall we'd probably actually spend more because I'm comparing the prices to a value resort as that's usually our onsite go to category.

After seeing reviews on the buses I'd likely do Uber/Lyft at least to the parks in the morning since we are RD'ers but also maybe back at night.

Hmm I guess I should consider Uber from/to the airport as well if its $30 each way that's about how much the RT PP is for Mears.

I will say though that after doing much research today I'm thinking B Resort would be excellent for when a Disney value resort is not available etc otherwise its more convenient to stay onsite when possible.

Again thanks so much every the imput and helping me kinda talk through it in my head lol.

So I'm an onsite kind of girl however after staying at CR a couple weeks ago I started looking into DS area hotels especially since at least B Resort and Best Western seem to be deluxe style for value resort pricing.

The Best Western Lake Buena Vista shouldn't be considered a deluxe-style resort. In it's current state, I might not even compare it to a moderate Disney resort. Based on reviews, the rooms are in need of renovation.

The good news is that a renovation is on the way. But, that won't happen until 2020 or 2021.

Drury Hotels bought the property and will be transforming it. Currently, they are building a new tower next to the existing one. Here's what the area looked like back at the beginning of July.

Image source: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b-resort-or-best-western-at-disney-springs.3732926/page-2

Along with the new tower, they will be updating the public spaces like the pool deck and restaurants. Brand new meeting spaces will be added. After the new tower is open, they are expected to completely renovate the current tower. At that point, they will rebrand to become a Drury Hotel.

For the next several years, it's going to be a mess. If price points are similar, go with the B Resort and Spa.

We just booked a 3 night stay Veteran's Day weekend, as there was little availability on site for less than $250/night.

I know buses from Disney Springs don't go directly to the parks until later in the morning, but...: is it feasible to take a bus FROM the parks at close to the Springs and then walk to B Resort at the end of the night?
I know the resort has a shuttle. I'm just trying to figure out our best options.

It depends upon the time parks close.

"One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier."
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/

It's worth noting that it's a long walk from the Disney Springs bus loop to the B Resort and Spa. According to Bing Maps, it's 5,060 feet (1,542 meters). That's 0.95 miles (1.54 km).

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/30quuz6

We just booked a 3 night stay Veteran's Day weekend, as there was little availability on site for less than $250/night.

I know buses from Disney Springs don't go directly to the parks until later in the morning.

Disney Springs buses DO NOT go direct to parks. They only go to resorts.

@writerguyfl gave you info on Parks to DS buses.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info folks! I forgot that Disney Springs buses won't take you to the parks. I also don't think it's realistic to ask my family to walk nearly a mile AFTER we've been at the parks all day! HA! Looks like we'll use the B Resort shuttle and/or Uber .

Best Western Lake Buena Vista shuttles go to all four parks with buses running every 30 minutes (according to their current schedule). I would rather take the shuttle than spend extra on Uber especially if we want to come back for a mid day break as there are 7 in our party and I wouldn't want to spend $50+ per day for Uber when shuttle is free - at least that is our opinion :) As far as Disney Springs, shuttles run every 30 mins starting at 6 pm with last pick up at 3 am. Our Disney Springs visits would be in the evening for dinner or to just hang out after a long day at the parks.

Last edited:
Seem to be one of the few that hasn't had trouble with the busses. I've stayed that the Wyndham a few times, and never had problems with the bus system.

I'm sensing some confusion here. Do I have this right: Buses from Disney Springs HOTELS run to the theme parks, but Disney buses from Disney Springs itself only go to the resorts, not to the theme parks? But if you are AT a theme park, you can take Disney buses TO Disney Springs?

I'm sensing some confusion here. Do I have this right: Buses from Disney Springs HOTELS run to the theme parks, but Disney buses from Disney Springs itself only go to the resorts, not to the theme parks? But if you are AT a theme park, you can take Disney buses TO Disney Springs?

Most Disney Springs Hotels have shared shuttle buses that run about ever 30 minutes and go to and from WDW parks.

WDW transportation operates buses from WDW resorts to and from Disney Springs.

WDW transportation operates one way service from WDW theme parks to Disney Spring, but only starting at 4 pm.

Most Disney Springs Hotels have shared shuttle buses that run about ever 30 minutes and go to and from WDW parks.

WDW transportation operates buses from WDW resorts to and from Disney Springs.

WDW transportation operates one way service from WDW theme parks to Disney Spring, but only starting at 4 pm.

Also ...

The Disney Springs Hotels Buses also will drop you at Disney Springs.

The Disney buses to Resorts will start rolling when Disney Springs opens.

The reason there is no buses to the parks from Springs or that the park-to-Springs buses don't run until after 4 is to prevent people from parking at Disney Springs for free in order to go to parks. The time lost transferring at resorts or walking plus losing the golden hours in the morning is simply not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter