Some simple questions, I think!

karenward

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in September with 2 kids, ages 6 and 9. Can anyone answer a couple of questions for me? First, I want to see Fantasmic and I heard there is a package with some of the restaurants in MGM. Is this true? What restaurants? How does it work? Do I call WDW-Dine to book it? Also, what about the ice cream social? Is it a character thing? Are my kids good ages for that? How do I book it? One more thing. What is E night? I'm reading a lot about it, but I'm not sure what it is. Will there be an E night in September? Sorry so many questions. This is our second trip there, but I still have so much to learn. Any help would be appreciated! :D

The Fantasmic Dinner Package has to be booked once you arrive. You get a dinner ressie at one of three restaurants (they change so you will need to check) and you just eat and pay for what you eat. Then you get a pass for a reserved seating section at Fantasmic so you don't have to go claim your seats so early.

I'm pretty sure the ice cream social has characters and you probably just call WDW dine to book it. Your kids are perfect ages to eat ice cream instead of lunch (LOL!) I've read that it is huge, so do skip lunch and let that be it.

E night is when you pay extra to stay in the MK for 3 hours after closing and ride a limited number of the former "e-ticket" rides. No telling if they will have any in September. It probably depends upon attendance.

The ice cream social is at the Garden Grill resturant in Epcot, I would guess the characters are the same as what we saw there for lunch, Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

We ate at Hollywood and Vine for our Fantasmic pkg. We were glad to have a place to sit down and relaxe while we ate. We were tired as we had been in that park all day, no break. The buffet was pretty good for adults, the kids choices were sort of dried up and my kids didn't like them too much. The dessert bar was good. We went into stadium 40 min. prior to show and had pretty good seats.

As far as Fantasmic! We also did the Hollywood & Vine dinner package, and the food was excellent. My kids ate off the adult bar, and we all went back for more. IMHO, the dinner package is worth it. You don't pay extra, your just guaranteed a seat w/out waiting in the LONG lines. Also, Fantasmic! blew us away! By far the best "show" we saw, you'll LOVE IT!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter