someone needs to walk me through...

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
what I need to do to upgrade to AP...Im going to purchase a package through Costco and Im seriously thinking about taking my 5 day ticket and getting an AP ...so I know about the blackout dates blah blah but what Im wondering is this....lets say I go down to Anaheim on a saturday...I have a 5 day php....Im not going to go to DL till the next day....so where do I need to go to upgrade and what do I need to do????

The first thing is use any EE's or other freebies you are entitled from the 5-day hopper purchase as you'll lose those the second you upgrade before you upgrade (unless you're staying onsite with the EE as you'll get that every day it's offered during your stay regardless). Also, make sure that if you're upgrading to a Deluxe or below (not an issue with premium APs) that there are no blockout days during your current trip that you were planning to use the pass (the day you actually upgrade can be a blockout day). You can either go to the ticket booths and purchase an upgrade or you can upgrade at the Bank of Main Street (where you'll have to go anyway to get your actual AP) inside the park. Either way, you'll pay the difference between you 5-day hopper and the AP price, get you're picture taken at the Bank of Main Street, and get your actual AP. Don't upgrade the day you get there if you're not planning on going into the park that day. Make sure that once you have upgraded to remember to pull that AP out every time you buy food in a resaurant (sit-down or counter-service, not carts or ice cream places) as you get a discount. If you're upgrading to premium, you also get discounts on merchandise over $10.

iceskatejen said:
Don't upgrade the day you get there if you're not planning on going into the park that day.

ok so how late in the day can I go to the bank to get my passport and picture and stuff? I was wondering because I am going to stay on property so I will get EE anyway......I will be getting to anaheim in the late afternoon on a saturday which is a blackout day but I really wanted to just go on my own over to the park for a couple of hours that night as they are open till midnight and I was thinking that If they would let me do this kind of late in the evening that I could just use my park hopper ticket to get in and go straight to the bank and get my AP...is it doable?

We did the samething as you are doing a couple years ago. We upgraded our AP's at the ticket windows right when you walk up to the entrance to the plaza, the regualr ticket windows. We then had to go inside DL for our pic. I am not sure how late they are there to take pics though.

Since you know you are getting there late, you could just use your 5 day ticket to get in that evening, then go the next morning to get your AP. Then you have all day to get the pic taken and don't have to worry about it being too late.

disneegrl4eva said:
what I need to do to upgrade to AP...Im going to purchase a package through Costco and Im seriously thinking about taking my 5 day ticket and getting an AP ...so I know about the blackout dates blah blah but what Im wondering is this....lets say I go down to Anaheim on a saturday...I have a 5 day php....Im not going to go to DL till the next day....so where do I need to go to upgrade and what do I need to do????
:confused3 If you are talking about the 5 day for $129.00 hopper from Costco, you can not upgrade them at all. Sad but true, go back to CostCo and read the fine print. My SIL purchased them over the summer and tried to do this only to find out that they dont allw the ones from CostCo to be upgraded. Try calling Disney Store instead. Unless something has changed, ......I hope you have not purchased them yet. :sad2:

ploeb said:
:confused3 If you are talking about the 5 day for $129.00 hopper from Costco, you can not upgrade them at all. Sad but true, go back to CostCo and read the fine print. My SIL purchased them over the summer and tried to do this only to find out that they dont allw the ones from CostCo to be upgraded. Try calling Disney Store instead. Unless something has changed, ......I hope you have not purchased them yet. :sad2:

wow......no I havent purchased them yet but I read the web site because Im purchasing a pkg from them and it didnt say anything about that...I know that when you buy your "tickets" at costco they give you a voucher that you have to change for a ticket but I called them anyway and asked the costco package reps and they said they send you the tickets in the mail along with your package its not a voucher...I called them at the reservation servicecenter for packages and spoke to a woman named Shannon who told me that as long as I am purchasing a package through Costco the tickets come from WDTC themselves...but if I go to Costco and purchase the tickets only then they cannot be done like that..but thank you for saying something because if I hadnt checked I might have been out of luck there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter