Something About Nothing ... #12

We watched the FW from bus stop. Free is always nice but big of a snooze vs the MK one. Had the strangest ‘rarw’ Characters. Kim possible ? Frozen characters & general ones.

Quite hot & humid. Just sprinkles so far last night. Enough to close pool. To outlets we went. My foot crying loudly resulted in not spending anythIng haha

Tonight’s mnsshp party supposed to be clear as to weather. Not going in until 5 or later. DiL not really into character pics...say whaaaaat?

All pool seats at poly spoken for shortly after 10 am. Glad we hurried back from breakfast at 1900 Park F. OMG the amazing food. Had only done dinner there. Can’t go wrong with mad hatter,Alice & Pooh . If u squint can see my Alice:Cheshire cat skirt yes I’m a geek

Love the picture Janet........and the skirt too!!!

How quickly is little one growing!!! But still cute as a button!!

Enjoy tonight and careful on the foot!!!

Mac, you sound like my mom, she asks for this one that knows how to. Otherwise, like poking a bird too many times. I am sorry they were not professional, nor good at what they do. Hope your tests have flying colored good to go results though.

Schumi, lots of mummy dust and get well wishes sent your way. Hope it is a very quick bug, and you are feeling back to normal soon. Seems like the men can get food without you. LOL

Keisha, thanks for the info. Not into characters? Hey, little one still humors me. Was at Kohls, so geeky me now have Potter and Dino shirts. Will wear next week. Love your skirt. Not geeky.

Errands ran, feels hot today, hair is in clown mode, so will be tied up shortly. Love that AC in my car can crank.

Quiet, so time for some tea, or maybe iced coffee. Hmmmm.

Hope all are ready for the weekend, Friday night is creeping up.

Macraven - I can sympathize with the blood draw. I have deep, hard to find veins. I usually end up with the butterfly needle in the back of my hand. I've donated blood only once in my life and it didn't go well.
I always have them use the butterfly needle.
It is the tech hit the same spot where the last draw was done two weeks ago.

One arm is difficult to get a draw from so they always use the same right arm.

I don't like blood drawers but it is one of those things in life I have no choice about.

They were professional, its my veins that are the issue

Charade, I can understand how hard it is for you with deep veins for them to poke around at.
Ouch!

Just looked at your pictures Keisha

Very kewl..

Sounds like you are having a terrific time at the motherland!

Most of house is cleaned and some laundry done. The good news of the day is that there are no signs of mold in the basement. Dh and I were planning to eventually replace the downstairs carpet. We are seriously considering doing it now for the small room. It’s only about 100 square feet, so it shouldn’t cost too much.

Schumi - Sorry you haven’t been feeling well. Take care and enjoy the pizza.

Keisha - No character pics? I still act like a kid around certain characters. When we were last at WDW I insisted on getting picture with Phineas & Ferb and also Beymax. At universal I was excited to get a picture with Scooby Doo and Shaggy.

Last edited:
Posted too quick.........

Mac I know I’ve already told you this but glad the blood draws are over!!! I know how much you struggle with them!

Been in bed since around 10am........seemed like a very quick flu bug........busting head, achy joints, tight throat, ear pain and generally feeling like I was going to pass out........not fun in the grocery store!!

Tom got me home and I slept for 5 hours after some pain relief.......

Feel bit better now......but no cooking tonight........takeout pizza later I think.

I’m lucky with blood draws.......my veins are easy to access!!! Almost too much at times.........when I donate blood it’s always easy and no issues. I go regularly to donate, but just realised I haven’t been in a year!! They usually send out reminders when I’m due to go back.......oops!! Must have gone into junk mail and I’ve deleted without noticing.......will call Monday........

I’m laughing as Tom already has the takeout pizza menu in his hand already!! Someone’s happy he’s getting pizza.......

Just so you know, I didn't give you a like because you are sick but because you are in bed with a bug

Wait, that doesn't sound right either.

Gave you the like with hopes you will feel better real soon.

Charade, come on over and do my house now......
I bet you are the best cleaner in the entire world....

:D

Hey Everyone! Kids get out of school 1 & 1/2 hours early every Friday this year, last year it was on Wednesdays so guess who was early to pick up on Wednesday and late to pick up today......:rolleyes1

Buckeev-Donkey sauce is awesome! I went on a Carnival cruise back in May and Guy Fieri had a hamburger joint on the ship with a toppings bar. I ate that sauce on everything!! It’s a lot like Chick Fil A sauce but spicier. Speaking of Chick Fil A, a new one is opening in Merritt Island next week and the first 100 people to camp out 24 hours before the store opens gets free Chick Fil A for a year....should I do it???? Soooo tempted.

Mac raven- I am lucky that I can handle blood draws but my 6’2” husband cannot. He has to lay down and generally acts like a baby until it’s over. The funny thing is EVERYONE in his immediate family are doctors, (parents, siblings, siblings spouses) but he cannot stand needles or the sight of blood. As you can imagine he was a huge help during the birth of our children....>:(Poor thing.....

Schumi- hope you perk up quickly. Summer colds are no fun.

Everyone have a fabulous weeekend. We don’t have any plans other than our oldest has dance practice from 9-1 tomorrow so hoping for good weather so we can enjoy the pool or beach.

Last edited:
Woot! Friday night.

Lucky I was charging my phone next to my bed. Little one called to ask for car, as friend had dropped her off, and she was working late tonight. Seems I had an afternoon nap, and usually do not charge phone near bed, so delivered my car so she can get home without begging for a ride home. Older one met up with me, and yay, older one taxi does meal stops, so got treated to an early dinner, well my lunch and dinner, as missed lunch as was in la la land just after the noon hour.

Will make tomato sandwiches for DH, as Dsis gave me plum tomatoes that were so huge, I was like they look like deformed regular, round tomatoes. No matter, DH will be happy. Made chicken soup for little one, though she may bring home dinner from where she works. Eh, if she does not want the soup, DH or older one will finish it for her.

May make a run for coffee. That and a donut or sweet. Yeah, good way to have a late dinner. LOL

3 more sleeps!!! Bands in the mail, getting closer. End of summer fun, birthday fun.

8 o’clock and 88 our and oh so muggy. Feels like rain, but have yet to see any.

Aww, donut and coffee guy was so nice, gave us extra donuts as near end of night. Hope little one likes the limited selection, no matter, as all will be eaten, the rest of us like those kinds.

We had to correct a serious parental oversight tonight. B didn’t know who Aretha Franklin was. Dh played some of her music on the drive home from supper tonight, and then showed her a clip from The Blues Brothers when we got home. Now I wonder who else have we neglected to introduce her to.

I know how you feel Janet.

At least they are offering some savory options at the dessert party now. When we did the illuminations party a few years ago it was all sweets...too much sugar for real :crazy2:

Love the pics.

Woot! Friday night.

Lucky I was charging my phone next to my bed. Little one called to ask for car, as friend had dropped her off, and she was working late tonight. Seems I had an afternoon nap, and usually do not charge phone near bed, so delivered my car so she can get home without begging for a ride home. Older one met up with me, and yay, older one taxi does meal stops, so got treated to an early dinner, well my lunch and dinner, as missed lunch as was in la la land just after the noon hour.

Will make tomato sandwiches for DH, as Dsis gave me plum tomatoes that were so huge, I was like they look like deformed regular, round tomatoes. No matter, DH will be happy. Made chicken soup for little one, though she may bring home dinner from where she works. Eh, if she does not want the soup, DH or older one will finish it for her.

May make a run for coffee. That and a donut or sweet. Yeah, good way to have a late dinner. LOL

3 more sleeps!!! Bands in the mail, getting closer. End of summer fun, birthday fun.

I could go some good wholesome chicken soup today!! The kind that makes you better........and maybe a donut too........just for the sugar!

Now I want donuts.....

Me too.......:)

Love the pictures!!! Everything looks so good.........what is that grey stuff on the plate that looks like oatmeal?

I know how you feel Janet.

At least they are offering some savory options at the dessert party now. When we did the illuminations party a few years ago it was all sweets...too much sugar for real :crazy2:

Love the pics.

We did the dessert party watching Wishes many moons ago, it was as far back as 2008 and may have been the first year of it, can’t really remember now, and it was all sweet and very sickly.......and not that great to be honest.........once was enough.....

But Janet’s pictures look lovely.........

Spent the night hot and cold, shivery and achy........kept popping the Tylenol equivalent over here.........definitely a flu bug.........think the worst is over, just a little head achy. But managed to sleep some too despite sleeping most of the day away yesterday.........and only managed one slice of pizza!!!!

Told them same again tonight..........lazy day ahead!

Our Mexican ponchos and sombreros arrived yesterday and haven’t even glanced at them.........will look today......

Saturday again.............

Morning Sans family :wave2:

DAC2D37E-4D48-4DCA-91F2-A20956CF7DC5.jpeg

Schumi think about your upcoming trip to Universal and it will make you feel better ::yes:: Hope you feel better :hug:

6C53679E-B042-4CCB-97DA-D769A2CF7F9D.gif

Wendy sending continued get well wishes to you and hope you are recovering well :hug:

D0C86B97-E5A4-4806-8249-8972358A794C.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!