Something About Nothing ... #12

AC449459-4DE2-4A7D-B4E6-96E7BD2B948F.jpeg
0C0181ED-717A-4FE9-9A06-ADD4DE492508.png

DH just left, got me up early, said 5:30 was a fine time to get up, he has things to do. Me too, iPad viewing, in my warm bed.

It is a Saturday and Zoo is the main activity today.

We went out to walk around the mall yesterday afternoon, and what? When we got out around 6, steady rain. Seems round two left another inch of rain before the clock struck midnight. Was a very wet day. Over 2 inches.

And, seems only an unlucky appearance of a rain shower or two is in the weekend forecast.

Roads sound dry, and I don’t hear rain, noisy train, so it must be clear out. Must be overcast though, no bright sun streaming through my windows.

5E7A9A39-C6D8-4EC1-9B75-3D582BE99365.jpeg

Have a good one all!

Good morning everyone. It’s almost 10:00 and I am the only one up. Well, me and Caspian, but I think he is ready to go back to sleep.
I kept having weird dreams last night. In one of them I was on a plane heading for Orlando. We were about to land when I realized that I didn’t bring any luggage with me. Then I realized that I had brought nothing at all with me - no purse, no, wallet, no ID. How did I get on a plane without ID? I woke up before I was able to figure anything out.

Small world! We went there because my mom lived near 163rd St - Sunny Isles. And her first cousin lived west of Aventura so it was a halfway point. Also used to go to The Original Pancake House near by. Those Apple pancakes were amazing

I looked up my old apartment complex. It was on 165 Street Road. Strange address. I think we were next to a Mercedes dealership. It was just off the Golden Glades interchange.

We stay at The Anaheim Hotel at 1700 S. Harbour.

We almost booked that one for our trip this summer, but ended up going with the Tropicana Inn.

For those trip planning, crossing my fingers you get everything lined up for your first priority

Its starting to get close for us. Thankfully we don’t need to plan too much. I’m starting to think of snacks to bring for our long bus ride.

I would love a zoo day. I am waiting for the Metro Richmond zoo to announce when the new cheetah cubs will be available for viewing. I haven’t been to that zoo before.

Nothing on the agenda for today except meeting with the alterations person for B’s prom dress. I hope it’s not too terribly expensive.

Quick drive by before we head off to meet our friend and have lunch later.

Can’t believe the two weeks is up already........but it hasn’t felt like it has gone by in a flash this time.......we have truly loved and savoured every minute of our trip.....even when we needed a snooze it was nice.

Weather today is glorious again for those arriving it looks beautiful........

Loved staying at Sapphire again and enjoyed the time we spent over at RP too........always a pleasure to see all the guys again we know so well and new friends too. We love seeing them every trip.

After lunch today will maybe spend an hour over at RP in Club Lounge then head off to drop car off then the dreaded wait to take off tonight.......but we get to see our boy tomorrow........:cheer2:

Only have him for a few days then he is heading over to the companies other offices for two weeks as he’s been chosen to go with two others.......so proud of him for being one of the few chosen.......he’ll be home for the weekend though.....he’s excited about that too!!!

Will catch up with everyone when we get back to the UK......hoping jet lag doesn’t hurt so much this time....but it usually does....::yes::

Have a great weekend everyone.......

And 46 days till we get to do it all over again.........party:

Morning all. Had the best sleep in months, feel like a million bucks! Sun is shining, a beautiful day, even though wind chill is 15 degrees lol. Dinner out later, always nice to get a reprieve from cooking

Lynne - lol re the ferment pic

Yay it’s Saturday!

Not a big deal for me but it is for those that hold down a full time job each week

Retirement means every day is a Saturday

Have a great weekend homies

Safe travels home Schumi

For those trip planning, crossing my fingers you get everything lined up for your first priority

I try to avoid the stores on the weekends but since it was...

Snowing:rolleyes1

Yesterday, just couldn’t wedge myself out of the warm house. Several stops to make, including the dreaded WM/sams complex cause we ran out of

Bacon:eek:

Good morning everyone. It’s almost 10:00 and I am the only one up. Well, me and Caspian, but I think he is ready to go back to sleep.
I kept having weird dreams last night. In one of them I was on a plane heading for Orlando. We were about to land when I realized that I didn’t bring any luggage with me. Then I realized that I had brought nothing at all with me - no purse, no, wallet, no ID. How did I get on a plane without ID? I woke up before I was able to figure anything out.

I looked up my old apartment complex. It was on 165 Street Road. Strange address. I think we were next to a Mercedes dealership. It was just off the Golden Glades interchange.

We almost booked that one for our trip this summer, but ended up going with the Tropicana Inn.

Its starting to get close for us. Thankfully we don’t need to plan too much. I’m starting to think of snacks to bring for our long bus ride.

I would love a zoo day. I am waiting for the Metro Richmond zoo to announce when the new cheetah cubs will be available for viewing. I haven’t been to that zoo before.

Nothing on the agenda for today except meeting with the alterations person for B’s prom dress. I hope it’s not too terribly expensive.

Don’t you love those dreams where everything goes wrong? Least you weren’t neekie lol.

Easy to google a cliff notes version of dream interpretation, usually spot on for me as to my feelings at any given time...others, it’s a good giggle.

Quick drive by before we head off to meet our friend and have lunch later.

Can’t believe the two weeks is up already........but it hasn’t felt like it has gone by in a flash this time.......we have truly loved and savoured every minute of our trip.....even when we needed a snooze it was nice.

Weather today is glorious again for those arriving it looks beautiful........

Loved staying at Sapphire again and enjoyed the time we spent over at RP too........always a pleasure to see all the guys again we know so well and new friends too. We love seeing them every trip.

After lunch today will maybe spend an hour over at RP in Club Lounge then head off to drop car off then the dreaded wait to take off tonight.......but we get to see our boy tomorrow........:cheer2:

Only have him for a few days then he is heading over to the companies other offices for two weeks as he’s been chosen to go with two others.......so proud of him for being one of the few chosen.......he’ll be home for the weekend though.....he’s excited about that too!!!

Will catch up with everyone when we get back to the UK......hoping jet lag doesn’t hurt so much this time....but it usually does....::yes::

Have a great weekend everyone.......

And 46 days till we get to do it all over again.........party:

But who is counting? Lol

You lost me on crawfish. Have no problem with shrimp but anytime they leave the head on something, it creeps me out...even lobster, will only order the tail.

Congrats to your DS, his career is taking off!

:hourglass

48 HOURS TILL VEGAS!

Hopefully no Benzene Alerts and Shelter-in-place warnings!!! :mic:

Or visitors sliding down from Area 51. On 2nd thought, it’s vegas, you’d probably never notice!

Sounds like you were in the same general area as my mom and cousin. Probably closer to my cousin who lived on Ives Dairy Rd. Mom lived across the street from Oleta State Park.
Where is Tropicana in relation to The Anaheim Hotel? The name sounds familiar.

Sounds like you were in the same general area as my mom and cousin. Probably closer to my cousin who lived on Ives Dairy Rd. Mom lived across the street from Oleta State Park.
Where is Tropicana in relation to The Anaheim Hotel? The name sounds familiar.

Ives Dairy Rd. Sounds familiar. It’s been a long time. We left Miami in 2003.

It looks like the hotels are very close to each other.
m9c2f5.jpg

Ives Dairy Rd. Sounds familiar. It’s been a long time. We left Miami in 2003.

It looks like the hotels are very close to each other.
m9c2f5.jpg
Looks like they are, just at opposite ends of entrance. I checked rates for my Aug dates, Anaheim is about $40 cheaper for me.

Last edited:
Happy Saturday! Sun is out and we're taking the topless car out later. It's been forever!

Last night I started thinking about maybe switching to Hard Rock from RPR for our next trip. It's about $35 more per night. I thought I had heard good things about HR Club Level compared to RPR but recent posts sound just the opposite. Any thoughts?

Snow flurries yikes!

Yep- got 2 inches yesterday! :eek:

Thanks, always good to get home.......:)

Safe travels!:)

Yay! Can't wait to see some pictures!:thumbsup2

I kept having weird dreams last night.

Ha- dreams can be so funny!:)

Yep- our 2 inches of snow is slowly melting today! Hope no more snow!:)

Last night I started thinking about maybe switching to Hard Rock from RPR for our next trip. It's about $35 more per night. I thought I had heard good things about HR Club Level compared to RPR but recent posts sound just the opposite. Any thoughts?

We stay at HRH a few times each year- club level. We love it! Yes- it's a smaller lounge and from what I've read maybe a little less food variety than the other lounges. But, they have a new manager who is adding new items to the appetizer menu. The staff there are like family to us- as is the staff of the hotel. We love it there!! You can't beat the short walk to the parks! I'm happy to answer any other questions!:)

Hi Mac!! :wave2:

Safe travels to Vegas Buckeev!

Happy Saturday all!!

The snow is melting- bright sunshine today! The next week shows lots of sun and mild temps!! Yay- maybe spring will actually come to Buffalo!!

3fda639ae13ea097939e785f9d44d3cc.jpg

Yay it’s Saturday!

Not a big deal for me but it is for those that hold down a full time job each week

Retirement means every day is a Saturday

Have a great weekend homies

Safe travels home Schumi

Exactly! Every day is Saturday for us! Loving it.

View attachment 390047
View attachment 390048

DH just left, got me up early, said 5:30 was a fine time to get up, he has things to do. Me too, iPad viewing, in my warm bed.

We went out to walk around the mall yesterday afternoon, and what? When we got out around 6, steady rain. Seems round two left another inch of rain before the clock struck midnight. Was a very wet day. Over 2 inches.

And, seems only an unlucky appearance of a rain shower or two is in the weekend forecast.

Roads sound dry, and I don’t hear rain, noisy train, so it must be clear out. Must be overcast though, no bright sun streaming through my windows.

Have a good one all!
Oh that pic! Yikes! I have to disagree with your DH! 5:30 is not a fine time to get up! Enjoy the zoo today. When my girls were young we used to go to the Animal Park this time of year, it’s spring break here. It’s an outside zoo with walking trails. We loved seeing all the babies. And after we’d have a picnic. They have an area with picnic tables near the petting area.
Rained here overnight, now looks like the sun is trying to come out.

I’ve had those dreams just before a trip! I guess we all fuss about what to bring, and afraid to forget something. 2 yrs ago I left my iPhone home :scared: I realized when I was in the airport sitting at the gate area. My daughter had hers so I phoned home and had husband fed x it to me at my Deerfield Hotel. He always stays home on these trips and dog sits. He isn’t a park person. Another time we were flying out of SeaTac so we go down the day before and do some shopping etc. Get to Florida and realize my Visa is missing in my wallet. Tore hotel room apart, no Visa. Must have left it in Seattle in one of the (many) stores we went to :rolleyes1 Called bank. In 24 hrs had new card! No wonder I have nightmares before travel lol.

:hourglass

48 HOURS TILL VEGAS!

Hopefully no Benzene Alerts and Shelter-in-place warnings!!! :mic:
Yay! Have a great trip!

Happy Saturday! Sun is out and we're taking the topless car out later. It's been forever!

I was looking at photos of both CLs and it does seem like RPH looks better. I’m toying with the idea of getting HRH CL, it’s only $60 more than our pool view room. But wasn’t impressed with what I saw in the photos so still on the fence.

Today is exactly 1 month till I leave for Florida :beach: beach first, then Universal, let the countdown begin! May go see Capt. Marvel today or Monday. Can’t decide!
No plans today. Brother in law who usually comes for Saturday night dinner is out of town. So quiet day here.
:wave:to anyone I missed.

OK...I've created a MONSTER! Dear Bride tells me I need to go get a haircut, trim my beard, AND-GET THIS CRAP- BUY NEW CLOTHES for VEGAS! ...TODAY!!! Ummm...
Sorry Honey Dear, But but if Donny thinks less of you 'cuz you married a Cargo Short Wearing, Theme Park Going Hobo, SO BE IT!!!

(He says as he's headed to the Men's Warehouse...) :love2:

OK...I've created a MONSTER! Dear Bride tells me I need to go get a haircut, trim my beard, AND-GET THIS CRAP- BUY NEW CLOTHES for VEGAS! ...TODAY!!! Ummm...
Sorry Honey Dear, But but if Donny thinks less of you 'cuz you married a Cargo Short Wearing, Theme Park Going Hobo, SO BE IT!!!

(He says as he's headed to the Men's Warehouse...) :love2:
I need to take lessons from your wife
She’s trained you well....

Jk

9243044F-92CD-43FD-B07F-DA6FF44D575A.jpeg

Not a baby gator, but a dwarf one. Just chilling.

3F886911-00AA-4241-9E38-256FD7D235C2.jpeg
Cute little monkey.

597665DB-587F-48A6-8A5F-C7C6309084DF.jpeg

Hello aardvark. Had its full head in the can a second ago, then it sprawled upside down next to the bucket, and looked like it was asleep. Girl. Hehe.

F0FE41FC-92FD-4A47-9C00-C755DF219C04.jpeg
Little newt. Not the Potter one, Lol.

23E14B0F-0D9F-4CD0-AEE4-104370897F4E.jpeg
The frogs were real. Almost fake looking, but definitely not.

I will see if little one has any to post.

Was a fun time at Zoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter