Something About Nothing ... #12

A quick good morning to all. Have to head out soon.
We are now just 3 days from graduation. B doesn’t have to show up at school today or tomorrow since she has no exams. However, she will be going in for a half day today. Today is the exam day for theater and band. There are no exams in those classes, but her theater class is having an end of the year party, so she wants to be there for that. The band class will just be practicing the music for graduation, so no need to show up there. Tomorrow she can stay home all day. Friday is senior breakfast and graduation practice. She can leave as soon as that is over.

Hope everyone has a good day today. Safe travels to those of you traveling today.

Last edited:
Yesterday was Taco Bell day and yes, we did our run to the border

Hope all have a great day
Robo is in Orlando and starting a fabulous vacation today

Schumi is home and bet her cases have been emptied and laundry all done by now

Thanks for the safe travel wishes........always appreciated!

Keisha you’ll get sorted no doubt.......always fun to start planning........and never too soon!!

Lynne we’re there June 6th till the 13th.....by mainly on Long Island this time.......will spend some time in the City but not much....mainly there to see family......but have a great trip......

Robo have a wonderful trip.....weather is glorious right now!

So, just back from breakfast over in Club Lounge, said a few goodbyes and now back over here packing.......never fun to pack going home. Seems we didn’t shop as much as we thought.....we have space in the suitcases.......not much space, but a little....:D

Just had the best time.....some days busy, some days not doing much at all......perfect mix for us....and plenty of visits to Strong Water Bar!

Flight is around 6.20pm tonight......arrive in the U.K. around 7.30am their time.....and Kyle is home as he has over a week off right now.......think it was 10 days he will be off. So that’s always a good reason to go home......and pick up new car on Saturday.....:cheer2:

But 104 days till we’re back for a month ::yes::........looking forward to that.......a lot!!!!

Hope all are good and see youse when I’m back in the UK!

:wave2:

AC is almost done. Absolutely beautiful day, just the right temp, blinding sun.

And joy, for 15 weeks, street and yard will be dug up. Gas company is replacing all that 50’s installed piping in my neighborhood. At least we will get a new paved street after, and hope our yard goes back to normal too. Noisy morning.

Hope your coffee is hot, Patty. And more hugs.

Charaade, so nice B is almost done school. Little one is still doing nothing, but showing up. She says other kids come and go all the time, but since she is a good attendance kid, does not get that chance. At least there is two more weeks of school, and no getting out early for prom. After that, a long weekend, then a couple more days before we go to NYC. I hear ya, vacation sounds great right now.

And yes I did, after seeing the RC Cruise board, went and booked a RC cruise the year after next. I figure this way, we will have sailed 3 different lines by 2021, and we can compare and decide which one we would go on again. Oh and, yes Disney will always be a yes, when the price is right. Which dies not happen as often anymore.

Thanks Schumi. We will be in NYC the day you arrive, but staying in West Manhattan most of the time. We take the train into Penn Station. About an hour or so train ride. But about a 40 minute train ride from my local station to the City station we can catch the Amtrak train that will take us into NYC. I am hoping it will be a lovely weather time.

It is a what for lunch. Maybe will be a lunch date with older one.

Wacky Wednesday, hope you enjoy it.

Hi, homies! Long time no chat!

It's been quite a while (too long!) since I've been active on the Dis, but as the story goes life happens and gets in the way. The good news is that life seems to have come back down to a slow simmer.

Our last trip to Universal was November '17 (withdrawl is real, peeps). For our Thanksgiving vacation last year we took Corey back to Colorado to see his home state. In spite of leaving when he was 8 months old, he still claims Colorado as 'home'. I'd previously been outvoted and we were headed to Arizona for Thanksgiving this year. Out of the blue Tony started making comments about the amount of driving we had planned, the lack of down time.....can you see where this is going? :-)

Before he could get the last syllable of Flor-i-da out of his mouth I had us booked for 5 nights club level at HRH at park tickets bought! DONE! In the next breath I was planning rum and blackberry margaritas and nachos and nachos and nachos. LOL!

I hope everyone is doing well. Corey is finishing up his junior year and while I'd love to see vacation get here as quickly as possible, I'm in no hurry to see his senior year be half over. There's a backstory, but thanks to previous injuries and currently being back in an orthopedic boot he's been told that sports his senior year won't be happening....that was a tough blow but he's dealt with it like a champ. He's focusing on weight lifting and his overall fitness.

Safe travels to Carole and Tom, can't wait to read the TR.....and the mall dilemma!

And yes I did, after seeing the RC Cruise board, went and booked a RC cruise the year after next. I figure this way, we will have sailed 3 different lines by 2021, and we can compare and decide which one we would go on again. Oh and, yes Disney will always be a yes, when the price is right. Which dies not happen as often anymore.

That's great!!!:cheer2: We so enjoyed our RCL cruise on Allure! Of course it was our 1st so nothing to compare it to! Can't wait to see your report on comparing all three lines! I'm looking at a 3-4 day cruise and RCL has a bunch that sound good. And a stop at Coco Kay sounds amazing!!

Hi, homies! Long time no chat!

:wave2: How nice to have your fall trip to look forward to!! :thumbsup2

Time for lunch! Honey mesquite chicken sandwich and an apple! ( and a few pieces of candy!!)

Thanks, mac! It's good to be back! How are things in steamy GA? Based on our weather in VA.....I can pretty much guess.

Well, if you like temps in the mid to upper 90’s, it’s fine

We have ac for both of our floors
Two separate units for heating and cooling so we do fine

All our rooms have ceiling fans so that is nice to help circulate heat or ac

Runs to the store is only icky if I am in the store for a long time
Car gets stinking hot

But you would know all this living in VA

I’m glad you came back home to us!

Graduations, and trips, and hot weather oh my!
Charade will you do a TR for Cali? I haven't been back since I was a young child, and DH has never been. Think that could be in the works for 2021...He's been making more noise about going to see his cousin that he practically grew up with, and going to Disneyland.
Keishashadow I think I’ll have to try the beans. I have an immersion blender. Also a food processor, would that work? What else do you do? Add your seasoning and fry it?
Homemade refried beans are easy. The pioneer woman has acouple recipes. I use dried as I can make a ton, will soak overnight, then toss in crockpot during day with seasonings, and mash/fry at dinner. Usually have enough to freeze for several meals.

OMG. I just had to teach my boss how to copy and paste a document. My vacation can’t come soon enough.
Apparently it's been that kind of day all over. Phone blowing up with frustration texts about stuff from friends all day o_O

can you see where this is going? :-)

Before he could get the last syllable of Flor-i-da out of his mouth I had us booked for 5 nights club level at HRH at park tickets bought!
:dancer:happy dance!
So sorry your boy can't compete like he thought - and what a mature outlook he has though! Much more mature than some adults would have::yes::

Hope Robo had safe landing, and patty and schumi find their flights smooth, on time and uneventful.

Lunch is over-Is it next wednesday (and VACATION) yet???

Ah, cool inside, we have AC. And a very torn up road.

Ooh, Pooh, great news, great way to celebrate.

I like to read all trip reports, even some pictures to share, would be kind of you Charade.

Ah, long weekend is coming up, that is what I am looking forward to. And, make it an extra large one? Yep, taking off Friday too. 4 days to not get moving fast. Woot!

Long afternoon here. Sigh, made meatballs yesterday, steak tacos were last night’s meal, as steak was older than meat used for meatballs.

I need tea. Hope this finds all in a great mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter