Something About Nothing ... #12

Mac thanks for the Dis update. Hopefully all goes well with the update. I shudder each time Disney updates My Disney Experience. Each update something breaks!

Lynne the camel is loose, must be Wednesday!

Pattyw yes, we enjoyed the movie. Saw it in reclining seat theatre. Game changer. Can’t imagine sitting 3 hrs in regular seats! We went for dinner before movie to a poutine place that serves various kinds of poutine. One daughter got butter chicken poutine and other daughter & I got a ginger beef poutine. Then we went to a frozen yogurt place for dessert lol!

Robo hope flights went well! Where are you staying this time? I forgot!

Schumi safe travels today, and yay for new car Saturday! I don’t know if I mentioned but my friend found a Hot & Juicy in Anaheim! She lives in LA, so she’s driving over to meet up with me at Disneyland one day and we’re planning on Hot & Juicy dinner! She was with me at Universal and went to that place with me. We all adored it. Going to DL with other daughter, I think she’ll order something that doesn’t come to the table with head on lol!

Lynne I love the upper West side! Have a great trip to NY! Any special plans?

Charade looking forward to hearing about your CA trip! You’re much more ambitious than me lol. I just book my usual hotel across from DL and plunk myself down at DL. One day I should plan a trip and do some more stuff. Maybe fly into SD and do a few things there, enjoy the beach and work my way up the coast to Anaheim.
How many DL days have you planned?

Almost 1:00 here and thinking about a little something to hold me till dinner. This morning I went down to help out at church a bit then came home by 10:00. A good thing because tile guy came early! Having my shower re-grouted.
After he leaves I’ll do a bit of gardening.
Tomorrow going to take car in to finally get my snow tires off, lol.

Charade looking forward to hearing about your CA trip! You’re much more ambitious than me lol. I just book my usual hotel across from DL and plunk myself down at DL. One day I should plan a trip and do some more stuff. Maybe fly into SD and do a few things there, enjoy the beach and work my way up the coast to Anaheim.
How many DL days have you planned?

I don’t know if I would say I was ambitious, it’s just that this may be our one and only CA trip, so we are trying to make the most of it. B’s first choice for a graduation trip was New Zealand, but that just wasn’t in the budget. We asked for her second choice and she said Hollywood. We figure that since we will be in Hollywood we might as well make the trip to Anaheim and see Disneyland. The plan is to spend 2 days in Hollywood, 2 at Disneyland/California Adventure, and then 2 in San Diego. My boss keeps asking me if we’re going to Tijuana. We have no plans for that.

Good idea Sue
Time to take the snow tires off

Watching the 4:30 news
Weather report just came on and they report temps will drop to 85 around
9 pm tonight

Busy day, have decided Day is done & i’m In happy-time, out. Arby’s for dinner with Memorial Day sale priced store bought pies, apple or cherry. Toss in some chips and we’re golden. Haven’t yet quite got back into daily cooking mode yet. So much easier when only have to feed 2 pp lol

I know that those that use mobile devices (me with the iPhone) will have better access to make corrections using it.

Thank you very much for that news!

Keisha- Yay for the Blues! I think Monyk is rooting for them too!! Now that my second team the Carolina Hurricanes are eliminated, I'll root for the Blues!! Would be nice to have a different team win the Cup!!!:thumbsup2

You put it so classy, my thought from get go of playoffs was “any team but Boston”:duck:

Speaking of playoffs, I am semi obsessed with this dude whose team was sadly knocked out by GS Warriors

Yesterday was Taco Bell day and yes, we did our run to the border

Did you climb the wall? Lol

So, just back from breakfast over in Club Lounge, said a few goodbyes and now back over here packing.......never fun to pack going home. Seems we didn’t shop as much as we thought.....we have space in the suitcases.......not much space, but a little....:D

I am so disappointed in you missy! I’m sure you stimulated our economy nicely, thank you for your service :)

And yes I did, after seeing the RC Cruise board, went and booked a RC cruise the year after next. I figure this way, we will have sailed 3 different lines by 2021, and we can compare and decide which one we would go on again. Oh and, yes Disney will always be a yes, when the price is right. Which dies not happen as often anymore.

Haven’t browsed those boards here in some time, cruise critic is very helpful. Make sure to join the lines you have sailed reward programs to get ‘credit’ for your sailings. Once you find one you may be surprised as to the perks you can get.

I’ve yet to pay DCL anything i’d Call ‘a deal’. Their military rates are the most restrictive of all lines IMO but I’m guessing u may get the DoD one which is hear is nice, if not rather last minute.

I'm looking at a 3-4 day cruise and RCL has a bunch that sound good. And a stop at Coco Kay sounds amazing!!

The new CoCo Kay illustrations i’ve Seen are indeed amazing. I’m still narrowing down options for Dec, going to let the mr make the decision. Thinking he really may want a change from early Dec in Orlando which really surprises me. It’s rather funny, he seems a bit over-whelmed that i’ve Dumped it in his lap. File it under so many choices, so little time :). Admit I usually just tell him where and when we are going lol

Homemade refried beans are easy. The pioneer woman has acouple recipes. I use dried as I can make a ton, will soak overnight, then toss in crockpot during day with seasonings, and mash/fry at dinner. Usually have enough to freeze for several meals.

I forgot exactly how filling even a small bit of them is. Didn’t know if they’d freeze well or not. Next time will probably quadruple the batch. Wonder how long they’d last in deep freeze. I’m lucky I eat Mexican food a few times a year.

Mac thanks for the Dis update. Hopefully all goes well with the update. I shudder each time Disney updates My Disney Experience. Each update something breaks!

Anything disney on the ‘net is buggy IMO but the app, gosh, it’s awful

My boss keeps asking me if we’re going to Tijuana. We have no plans for that.

Tell her no, you’re not a sailor on leave:sail: What sort of weird question is that for a boss to ask.:confused3You really do work with some characters. Not sure I could keep my cool.

I don’t know if I would say I was ambitious, it’s just that this may be our one and only CA trip, so we are trying to make the most of it. B’s first choice for a graduation trip was New Zealand, but that just wasn’t in the budget. We asked for her second choice and she said Hollywood. We figure that since we will be in Hollywood we might as well make the trip to Anaheim and see Disneyland. The plan is to spend 2 days in Hollywood, 2 at Disneyland/California Adventure, and then 2 in San Diego. My boss keeps asking me if we’re going to Tijuana. We have no plans for that.
Sounds like a great trip!

Good idea Sue
Time to take the snow tires off

Watching the 4:30 news
Weather report just came on and they report temps will drop to 85 around
9 pm tonight
:laughing: Cooled down here to mid 60s, by weekend back to high 70s. In my defence I left for Florida 4/23, was busy before I left with Easter, packing, etc. Then I was sick after we got back home. But, yeah, it’s more than time to get them off, lol!

Tell her no, you’re not a sailor on leave:sail: What sort of weird question is that for a boss to ask.:confused3You really do work with some characters. Not sure I could keep my cool.
Yeah, she can be really odd at times, but apparently she is a great counselor.
Today one of our other counselors was babbling on about something political. I just looked at her blankly and said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She’s going to be leaving us at the end of June. I won’t miss our one sided political “conversations”.

And speaking of drinking. Yep. For all you dog and cat families:
hbthirstycatthirstydog.jpg
, that's right. Fur family members know it's Thirsty Thursday. See: upload_2019-5-23_6-51-42.jpeg

So, a nice enough start to the day, 63, but gray sky to be seen, no sun to be had. Yep, those thunderstorms are today's weather report. Thunderstorm chances at lunchtime, dinner time, and later tonight. When your phone shows a cloud with a lightning bolt coming out of it, for most of today's hours, yeah we probably will be wet some time today, or more than once. But I am totally looking forward to the end of the week: Full sunny days are Friday and Saturday. Highs for those days - 78. Surely any rain that falls will be gone by Friday morning. Can you tell? I am so ready for this XL week-end. Temps for this week-end are awesome - 89 for Sunday - hello DS's pool. You can bet, I will be wet that day. And Monday, woot! 86, with another full sunny day. That means, all the Memorial Day events will be outside. Lovely.

So glad, our AC is working nicely, and installed just in time.

Hope Robo and grandson are going to have some great fun today. Looks like no rain for you, and hot and sunny days are there.

Patty, lucky you, to enjoy that steamy end of May in FLA. Safe travels to you.

And hehe, both MonyK and Keisha, City last night, had a blue tint, see we have a fondness for ice hockey, and not a fondness for Boston to win any sports award hardware.

With that, tea is needed. And sweater. The early bird gets a bit stuffy, warm office, then by 7am, AC starts to crank. I predict, sweater may be on by lunchtime, and the tea will not have ice in it today.

Safe travels to those traveling this week-end, and all have a fond remembrance of those who served.

It's Thursday all! The second to last one you'll have this month. Time does fly, and soon, the celebratory time for for graduations, birthdays, and weddings. Hello summer, coming next month, you were missed.

:coffee: Tea, yes, and some Belgian Butter Waffles cookies. See, if you leave food in my car, and I don't mind eating it, I will eat it. Little one bought those cookies, I'm enjoying them.

:wave2: Hello homies. It's a Thursday. Stay thirsty, and rock on! :music:

:rockband:

Charade eek, Tijuana!
So you’re saying that’s not a good place to take a teenager on vacation?:p

Going to go into work for a couple of hours. Main boss isn’t in today, and another therapist won’t be in until 2:00, so I know there won’t be much to do. WIll do some reminder calls for next week and see what else needs to be done.

Going to go into work for a couple of hours. Main boss isn’t in today, and another therapist won’t be in until 2:00, so I know there won’t be much to do. WIll do some reminder calls for next week and see what else needs to be done.

You could play on the Dis to pass time today at work.....
Just sayin.....

To all those in MO, heart breaks for those lost because of the tornadoes.

Sun is out, but the part of the other sky I see, ooh so dark. News flash on my phone, seems the storms will thankfully not be tornadoes, but will include strong, damaging winds. Storm warning issued.

Good Morning Charade and Mac. Sounds like a quiet day for Charade, and maybe one for Mac, too?

Parking lot was definitely more crowded early this morning. You can bet, not me, but most will be going to out lunch, and probably not as many cars will return. Yep, holiday week-end thoughts are starting.

Tea, oh yes, and it is quiet here as well, as some in my office are already not coming in today.

Morning, all! Gotta say....being back here does completely rock. You’re an awesome group of homies and I so very much appreciate being welcomed back.

So anxious to read about all of the upcoming travel for everyone! 182 days here....not that I’m counting or anything.

Keeping a watchful eye on the Midwest as most of Tony’s family is scattered across KS, NE and MO. As for our little corner, it’s way too early to be talking about record heat.

Happy Thursday!

Off to slow, rumbling start this morning...not referring to the weather, me.

Thankfully, not what Missouri suffered, but they have designated things here as an alert day which we don’t see often. supposed to get hit with a (what they say will be quite violent) storm between 11 am & 3 pm today. Large hail & damaging winds. Hope we don’t lose power as it’s quite muggy already

And hehe, both MonyK and Keisha, City last night, had a blue tint, see we have a fondness for ice hockey, and not a fondness for Boston to win any sports award hardware.

I didn’t hear that, quite the cool swipe in that downtown Phillie vibe lol!

Boston will have 11 days off before the 27th. Maybe they will lazy & fat

Tea, yes, and some Belgian Butter Waffles cookies. See, if you leave food in my car, and I don't mind eating it, I will eat it. Little one bought those cookies, I'm enjoying them.

Possession appears to still be 9/10ths of the law hahaha

There are Belgian butter waffle cookies? Do they taste like a naked waffle or are they flavored ala syrup? i rarely eat those them as it requires firing up my iron lol, but when i do there are strawberries & reddi whip on the the table:).

Pond Water moving Keisha, the cookies are on the small size, oblong, and taste the most like a pizzelle cookie, but thicker. They do break nicely, with a vanilla taste. Interestingly, the box says they have been made in Belgium. Who knew. Think they came from Costco.

And aww, come on, this town turned green last year, and when a young pup, black and orange, and even blue, white and red. And we have Gritty. Guess I've said enough. LOL

Eek, that was thunder, bit of rain, now all quiet. Hmm, lunch time walk? Maybe it will be quick, and umbrella in hand. And almost eerie, there is so little wind. Tree looks sad.

And for those keeping track, yep, sweater was on from around 10 this morning.

Is it lunchtime? I am so ready. May pick up some coffee on my walk too.

Follow on.....

:wave2:

Back home........

And it is hot here too.......although not as warm as Orlando is going to be this coming week.......friends over there were all telling us our timing was perfect........

Another amazing trip though.........everything was fabulous.....flight home was good and we both slept after we left Canadian air space and woke up an hour or so till we landed....drive home was sleepy time too......

Takeout tonight.......and yep, mac....you’re correct ::yes::......all laundry has been done, out on the line and dry with the heat and breeze....just need to iron tomorrow....I don’t mind that really....

Back to normal for a few weeks then NY trip which is 14 days till mum and I fly again......

Then Orlando for September is 103 days away....:D

December trip is 220 days......:-)

May next year is a massive 347 days..........:thumbsup2

Always nice to be home to see Kyle......he has kept the place clean and tidy as always and no washing to return to which is nice considering all we brought back!

My guys are heading off to pick up food.......nice to be home in a way....haven’t caught up again with all posts, but hope everyone is good..........:-)

To everyone in the path of storms stay safe. Keishashadow. Monykalyn? So terrifying. Out west all we have to worry bout is when the Big One will hit!

Car is at school Auto Shop waiting for tire change! Yay. Beautiful warm sunny day. Since I’m without car I’ll be rattling around home!
Reading DL thread to see how Galaxy Edge is happening. But I won’t get any helpful info until after June when reservations end.

Back home........

And it is hot here too.......although not as warm as Orlando is going to be this coming week.......friends over there were all telling us our timing was perfect........

Another amazing trip though.........everything was fabulous.....flight home was good and we both slept after we left Canadian air space and woke up an hour or so till we landed....drive home was sleepy time too......

Takeout tonight.......and yep, mac....you’re correct ::yes::......all laundry has been done, out on the line and dry with the heat and breeze....just need to iron tomorrow....I don’t mind that really....

Back to normal for a few weeks then NY trip which is 14 days till mum and I fly again......

Always nice to be home to see Kyle......he has kept the place clean and tidy as always and no washing to return to which is nice considering all we brought back!

My guys are heading off to pick up food.......nice to be home in a way....haven’t caught up again with all posts, but hope everyone is good..........:-)
Welcome back! Love all the countdowns!
80 days till our DL trip in August! Not thinking about Sept HRH countdown until I know it’s a definite go! Still iffy.
What is this May trip? Almost a year! I don’t recall reading about it! Don’t know how I missed that!

And aww, come on, this town turned green last year, and when a young pup, black and orange, and even blue, white and red. And we have Gritty. Guess I've said enough. LOL

Yes, always said phillie people were a colorful bunch!

Make a mean pizzelle but can’t find my cast iron maker that goes on stove top, have been managing with store bought. I try to fool myself & say they or a biscotti are healthy addition to my am coffee as breakfast most days.

Back home........

You need one of those annoying rolling tickers I have to keep track of all the upcoming travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter