Something About Nothing ... #12

Oh, I like sweet, and just the right amount of sweet with my tea for breakfast. When pound cake is on sale, that becomes the breakfast with my tea. So any kind of cookie item is good with me, for breakfast, Keisha.

Sun is peaking in and out from the thick cloud cover. Muggy is the right word, Keisha.

Sue, hope car gets done soon, and woot! Your August countdown.

Lunch walk was dry, and just bright enough, sunglasses on. Wind picked up as I was getting close to the building, then it stopped as fast as it came. Brighter out now, so I guess it's a dice rolling time.

Older one said we have a very large pile of dirt in the street next to our driveway. Hope it's gone before I come home. Hate when narrow to get into and out of driveway.

Sigh, it's going to be a long afternoon.

And a welcome back to Schumi. Nice you have good weather, and an very uneventful trip home.

I’m behind in this thread but came to check if Monyk had any damage from the tornado that hit Missouri

Anyone have contact with her?

Hope pattyw lets us know when she changes her winter coat for shorts and tees

Busy day, have decided Day is done & i’m In happy-time, out. Arby’s for dinner with Memorial Day sale priced store bought pies, apple or cherry. Toss in some chips and we’re golden. Haven’t yet quite got back into daily cooking mode yet. So much easier when only have to feed

I am so disappointed in you missy! I’m sure you stimulated our economy nicely, thank you for your service :)

The new CoCo Kay illustrations i’ve Seen are indeed amazing. I’m still narrowing down options for Dec, going to let the mr make the decision. Thinking he really may want a change from early Dec in Orlando which really surprises me. It’s rather funny, he seems a bit over-whelmed that i’ve Dumped it in his lap. File it under so many choices, so little time :). Admit I usually just tell him where and when we are going lol

Lol.......I still did quite a bit of shopping!! Always glad to help any economy........:D

We tried Publix Dutch Apple Pie this trip......OMG!!!! Delicious......will never knock store bought pies again.....yes, getting back to reality is not fun.......decided I’m not cooking tomorrow night either.......might be Monday before I deign to cook.......you’re quite right!

Sound like we might miss you this December if you go cruising.......:( it’s lovely to have such nice choices though.....I love those kind of choices..........

Morning, all! Gotta say....being back here does completely rock. You’re an awesome group of homies and I so very much appreciate being welcomed back.

So anxious to read about all of the upcoming travel for everyone! 182 days here....not that I’m counting or anything.

Keeping a watchful eye on the Midwest as most of Tony’s family is scattered across KS, NE and MO. As for our little corner, it’s way too early to be talking about record heat.

Happy Thursday!

Nice to see you back!!!! 182 days will disappear quickly........and glad you’ve come back here......

Hope you aren’t affected in any way with the storms......or anyone in your family!

Welcome back! Love all the countdowns!
80 days till our DL trip in August! Not thinking about Sept HRH countdown until I know it’s a definite go! Still iffy.
What is this May trip? Almost a year! I don’t recall reading about it! Don’t know how I missed that!

Lol....yes we booked flights while we were in Orlando for next year.......and got our stay sorted while we were there.....always like to be ahead for our plans!

Hope you don’t have to cancel September........and you have August in DL.......sounds like fun.......

Yes, always said phillie people were a colorful bunch!

Make a mean pizzelle but can’t find my cast iron maker that goes on stove top, have been managing with store bought. I try to fool myself & say they or a biscotti are healthy addition to my am coffee as breakfast most days.

You need one of those annoying rolling tickers I have to keep track of all the upcoming travel.

Oh that’s an idea.........:rotfl:a rolling ticker........I’m sure I may mention upcoming trips once or twice.......:rolleyes1

Oh, I like sweet, and just the right amount of sweet with my tea for breakfast. When pound cake is on sale, that becomes the breakfast with my tea. So any kind of cookie item is good with me, for breakfast, Keisha.

Sun is peaking in and out from the thick cloud cover. Muggy is the right word, Keisha.

Sue, hope car gets done soon, and woot! Your August countdown.

Lunch walk was dry, and just bright enough, sunglasses on. Wind picked up as I was getting close to the building, then it stopped as fast as it came. Brighter out now, so I guess it's a dice rolling time.

Older one said we have a very large pile of dirt in the street next to our driveway. Hope it's gone before I come home. Hate when narrow to get into and out of driveway.

Sigh, it's going to be a long afternoon.

And a welcome back to Schumi. Nice you have good weather, and an very uneventful trip home.

Thanks Lynne.......yes, we had a blast........hope your weather stays as nice......sounds lovely.......

Enjoyed hot and spicy curry tonight........lovely!

Desperately trying to stay awake now......our eyes are taking very long blinks at the moment......:faint:

Schumi, so Publix apple pie was a winner?

Good to read that
I had their key lime pie and was not fond of it but Mr Mac quite enjoyed it and asked if I was nuts ...

It takes me 5 minutes once I leave my driveway until I am inside the Publix store

Maybe I will take a run and pick up an apple pie today

Good to read that
I had their key lime pie and was not fond of it but Mr Mac quite enjoyed it and asked if I was nuts ...

It takes me 5 minutes once I leave my driveway until I am inside the Publix store

Yep, it was the Dutch Apple Pie not the regular apple pie........it was so good!!

I haven’t tried their Key Lime Pie, maybe try that in September......I still haven’t found one to beat the Key Lime Pie from Oceannaire.....that was incredible!

Now I wish we had a Publix over here.........:D

I'm here! Went to friends last night, should have brought clothes to just spend night LOL. But made it home before storms hit. All safe - hit north of Joplin (on exact date the F5 went through 10+ years ago) and Jefferson City.
Ah, long weekend is coming up, that is what I am looking forward to. And, make it an extra large one? Yep, taking off Friday too. 4 days to not get moving fast. Woot!
I have Sat/Sun off but working monday to get hours in before we leave. Hope the pool is nice for you this weekend!
Did you climb the wall? Lol
Actual snort out loud :rotfl:

So glad, our AC is working nicely, and installed just in time.
Very good timing!
And hehe, both MonyK and Keisha, City last night, had a blue tint, see we have a fondness for ice hockey, and not a fondness for Boston to win any sports award hardware.
Cool!
You could play on the Dis to pass time today at work.....
Just sayin...
Um yeah-that is what I am doing but almost time now...
Maybe they will lazy & fat
:laughing:
Games 5&6 will be while on ship so not sure if we will get to see them or not.

Added annoying vacation ticker :beach:

Hi everyone checking into say :wave2:... It has been a busy week. We had Liv's senior awards night last night and it was good. She received 4 small local scholarships and some academic awards. She was really happy there were a few she didn't expect. We took her out for froyo and she was happy.

It is cool and windy here today. The sun has hidden from us but that's okay. It is suppose to be nice the next couple of days. Liv has her senior outing tomorrow. They go to a big outing center with food, pool games it is a blast. The teens work this weekend but will try and seed the Detective Pichachu movie on Monday.

Since my hot flashes moved to include night time sleep, I have been miserable. I did some research and bought a bamboo blend blanket. I used it last night and it seemed to work. It kept me pretty cool. I am hoping it will continue. I just bought some pajamas to match.:thumbsup2

Counting down to vacation we leave in 30 days:woohoo:

Schumi glad that you made it home safe and had a great trip. How nice to have Kyle home for a bit. Hopefully you will get some good northeast weather when you come.

Monykalyn glad to hear you didn't get hit with the storm. I am sorry to hear about your state and the tornadoes. I hope everyone is okay and can get there homes built back soon. Nice ticker I always have trouble setting those things up.

Pooh nice to meet you!!

Charade I hope everything goes well for B's graduation. I still can't believe mine is graduating in a couple of weeks. Your variety in CA trip sounds really nice. I would like to see DL sometime if I get back out to CA.

Lynne It's nice when the weather cooperates for a walk. I love a good sweet with some tea. I also like to dunk my toast with almond butter in it. I know it's weird. Brian gets a kick out of me toasting bread to make it soft again.!! I hope they moved the mound of dirt for you.

Sue I hope your tire change went well. Since I have a 4 wheel drive I don't do snow tires anymore. Our winters have been better. I remember when I was younger having snow tires and cinder blocks in the trunk.I can get lost on the Dis here some days. It is so fun though. DL sounds like fun.

Keishashadow I hope the storms weren't too bad for you today! I love pizzelles, I grew up with them and made them once. I have never used one that goes right on the stove but I bet my grandmother did.

Robo I hope your trip is going great!!!

Mac I like Publix and enjoy shopping there when I am down south. I will have to try their apple pie and Key lime. A good key lime is one of our favorites. I hope your kitty is doing better.

Patty I hope the trip is going great so far!!

:wave2::wave2: to anyone I missed. I am off to figure out supper. I hope everyone has a great night.

Pretty good day so far today. I went into work for just a little over 2 hours, came home, went to lunch, and then B and I did a little shopping. She wanted to get some new make up for her dance recital next weekend. Next we went to the mall. She found a dark purple dress that she really liked. After trying it on she found another really cute dress in purple and white. (Can you guess her favorite color?) I was feeling generous and said she could have both. They were both the same original price, so I assumed the sale price would be the same too. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to pay and discovered that one dress was significantly less than the other. I ended up getting 2 dress for $12 less than the original price of one.

Lynne - I have never heard of a Belgian butter waffle cookie and had to look up pizelle cookies. Sometimes I feel culturally deprived.

Schumi - Glad you made it back home safely.

Sue - Ive posted a bit on the DL boards about Galaxy’s Edge. I will be there on June 9.

Schumi and Mac are making me homesick for Publix. It was my store of choice when I lived in GA. They have really good sub sandwiches and fried chicken.

MonyK - Glad to hear that you are safe.

I started this post a couple of hours ago and fell asleep while typing. I need to make sure I sleep better tonight.
Now I need to got to the grocery store to get ingredients to make something for B’s dance rehearsal tomorrow night. After rehearsal the studio is having a little potluck social for the graduating seniors.

Good to read that

Yep, it was the Dutch Apple Pie not the regular apple pie........it was so good!!

I haven’t tried their Key Lime Pie, maybe try that in September......I still haven’t found one to beat the Key Lime Pie from Oceannaire.....that was incredible!

Now I wish we had a Publix over here.........:D
Schumi & Mac, we love the Publix Key Lime pie. It’s a must every visit. My friend got the Mango, and that was good too. Publix is the only grocery I go to in Florida. Has all the stuff we like including Indian River oj, and Jones breakfast sausage.

I'm here! Went to friends last night, should have brought clothes to just spend night LOL. But made it home before storms hit. All safe - hit north of Joplin (on exact date the F5 went through 10+ years ago) and Jefferson City.

I’m so glad to hear your ok. I lost a friend from Passporter board in that Joplin T5. Awful.

Lol on your annoying vacay ticker!

Y’all aren’t going to believe this. Dh has been called for jury duty. Guess when.
He’s going to call the county tomorrow and let them know we have a planned vacation, much of which has been prepaid.

Bobbie sorry about the night sweats. Bamboo is turning up in lots of clothing & bedding. I’ve seen bamboo tees. I’m lucky I never had symptoms.
Congrats to Liv!

Charade sounds like you and B had a good shopping day. I haven’t heard of Pizelle either. Or Belgium waffle cookies sound so delicious!
Looking forward to hearing about your DL time.

Not a single drop of rain here (yet). Clouds parted early afternoon, sun came out so out I ventured. Only once did it get weird. Pumping gas, up on a higher ridge that is open to the valley with just a large shopping center there. Not much in landscaping, was old farm area. It seemed to get very still, then a powerful & wind came through. Enough to cause me to step backwards. Such an odd feeling rather out of the blue. Can’t imagine what it would be like to go thru a major storm. Well, other than the Twister attraction I really miss.

Sue - not sure if that was the same couple from the DIS that perished, so shocking

Charade - seriously, what are the odds of that happening? Good luck, if anything you’d think they’d give him a later date to report after you return home.

Sound like we might miss you this December if you go cruising.......:( it’s lovely to have such nice choices though.....I love those kind of choices..........
Yes, the best kind of choice to make lol

Oh, we may still return in Dec. this morning Dave took one glance at the (what I would deemconcise options) and his eyes glazed over. Not sure if due to being on midnight shift this week or it was more of deer in headlights reaction poor guy:P

I do so :banana:love vacation tickers

Hi everyone checking into say :wave2:... It has been a busy week. We had Liv's senior awards night last night and it was good. She received 4 small local scholarships and some academic awards. She was really happy there were a few she didn't expect. We took her out for froyo and she was happy.

Nice to hear, congrats to Liv:cheer2:

@bobbie68 I commiserate with you! Hubby and son accuse me of keeping the house at meat locker temps. Menopause + thyroid disease = :crazy2:

Not a single drop of rain here (yet). Clouds parted early afternoon, sun came out so out I ventured. Only once did it get weird. Pumping gas, up on a higher ridge that is open to the valley with just a large shopping center there. Not much in landscaping, was old farm area. It seemed to get very still, then a powerful & wind came through. Enough to cause me to step backwards. Such an odd feeling rather out of the blue. Can’t imagine what it would be like to go thru a major storm. Well, other than the Twister attraction I really miss.

Sue - not sure if that was the same couple from the DIS that perished, so shocking
Could be. Lorie & Glen. I can’t remember their names on the boards. I wasn’t on Dis back then. Only Passporter. I felt there were too many snarky people on Dis! But I’ve dived in and learned how to avoid them :upsidedow

We were lucky, tornado warnings expired at 1 am and the most we got was a brief thunderstorm around 9 yesterday morning, and an hour or so of noisy, heavy rain around 5:30 last night. Weather lady today, today will be a picture perfect day, the rain is out of here, and it is already a mild 65 out, with a high of 79, and a sunny Friday. Then she said what the forecast was for this year’s hurricane season. Sigh. Hope all have no loss of life and no, or a little damage, from any that form.

For all that were effected by the storms yesterday, sending prayers.

Congratulations to Liv, nice to receive money she did not expect. And I am sorry to hear of your issues, Bobbie. I tend to get chills, and that annoys the rest of the family. My poor Dsis has to raise the temp of her ice box feeling house, when I come over. Getting old stinks. Glad you found a blanket that helps you.

Patty, enjoy your trip!

Charade, hope no jury duty for DH and you are all ready to travel. Safe travels out West, and pictures, appreciated.

Well, it is 5:30, and I still cannot get back to bed. Oh well, little one is annoyed, another boring school day, and older one wants breakfast out with me, at one our favorite diners. We are both hoping the driveway is not blocked when we go. And yes, street was clear of dirt when I came home yesterday.

So, for all those homies needing to know the day of week it is today, C4261021-F2DC-4D2B-BD3C-3E79DC198DF7.jpeg

Yep. Make it a great one. And ooh pie, when down South.

Guess I will enjoy a nice, long shower, and see what I can watch before I start the get up, you have school.

Sending mummy dust to all that are not feeling well.

Later homies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter