Something About Nothing ... #12

awww - the hen story is the sweetest one ever! they cuddle??? i really hope it is not a roo.

okay - had to google this bacon run. ha ha ha ha! how did miss this? looks like was in october. and it wasn't even that far from my house. check out the marketing!

View attachment 244554

The Tastiest all-you-can eat Bacon 5K Run/Walk is coming to Atlanta! There will be fists full of bacon as well as other bacon flavored treats from our vendors! And it's only 3.1 miles, because you shouldn't have to work too hard for Bacon. You get an official The Bacon Run™ t-shirt and part of the proceeds go to Charity. So you get to EAT BACON, WEAR BACON, and GIVE BACON. It's a win-win!

If I was still in Georgia, I would do this!

I guess you won't be doing this then...
18AE403B-0620-4808-AEBE-ED37F0EF513A_zps6a81mqfv.jpg

Willis Tower (used to be Sears tower) in Chicago. I think it was 103 floors up.

I would SO do this.

I never have looked one in the eye for that very reason lol

Lovin the casual...i was in the big Apple comment. How cool is that? Under good circumstances, I'm 8 hours drive away. haven't been in years since no direct flights any longer from PIT. Ridiculous.

Yet spirit again has $40 RT flights to vegas from my burg, a 5 hour flight. :confused3

No direct flights to NYC from where you are??? Now that surprises me, would have thought there'd be loads......crikey don't think we can get anything on flights for anywhere near $40........unless of course we go sleazyjet which......eh no thanks.......even then don't think it's that cheap!!

Oh I can bore for hours about my trips to NY.......lol.......and usually do.......:laughing:

Dull today but warmish......weekend is going to be fabulous.......apparently........

Bacon grilling and no one around..........more for us this morning.........:D

Bacon run - lots of bacon? I'd so be there.

Come on homies - its Friday. That's right, Friday! No need for sunglasses yet. No morning sun glare. Gray, and slightly cool. No matter, the heat pump is working, and we'll be 90 and steamy come Sunday. The downpour or thunderstorm chances are much higher today. I took my umbrella again. I tend not to be a lucky person.

With that, almost noon for Schumi and the other homies across the pond. So, Good Morning Homies!

Crossing my fingers twice for ya Chuckers. Hope all gets fixed and you're back on your vacation countdown.

Oh, I'm still on the count down :hourglass

12 Weeks
86 Days
2064 hours
123840 minutes
7,430,400 seconds.

Or

2 Months 24 Days 16 hours 27 minutes 15 seconds... give or take a few minutes :D

If I don't have this vacation, I will probably have a serious meltdown.

Morning Sans family :wave:. Coffee in hand :surfweb:.

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

Chuckers hope things start looking up for you.

All this talk about New York City reminds me of our one and only trip there. Was memorable for sure. We took the train to Coney Island and rode the Cyclone roller coaster. To look at it you would think it was nothing. It was an old half back wooden roller coaster. It was fast and jerky and by the time we got off of it I think we both had mild whiplash......LOL....We did a lot of sight seeing. Was many years ago though.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Well, just called the dealership. The part is a hard to find part as it almost never goes out... they had to special order it and won't have it until Monday. 3 more days of paying for a rental car that I didn't plan on.

No direct flights to NYC from where you are??? Now that surprises me, would have thought there'd be loads......crikey don't think we can get anything on flights for anywhere near $40........unless of course we go sleazyjet which......eh no thanks.......even then don't think it's that cheap!!

Oh I can bore for hours about my trips to NY.......lol.......and usually do.......:laughing:

Dull today but warmish......weekend is going to be fabulous.......apparently........

Bacon grilling and no one around..........more for us this morning.........:D

Not a single NS makes no sense to me. Sure not going to connect in MDW or ATL and backtrack over my house.

Sitting in gym with GD, i am doing an Olaf...slowly melting. BLTs I'm making for late lunch keeping me going :)

Good weekend all. Big shout out to all the dads:)

That's what we had for dinner last night. BLTs, with soup and salad. Oh, and grilled cheese.

Not so hot today.

And I hear ya Keisha. The lack of direct flights from SW now is really annoying. Some to Orlando go through Texas or Tennessee. Really, then some do go through Atlanta, but who wants even one stop when the whole fight is only about 2 hours or so. I wish SW would have made us a hub, as I thought it would want to totally dominate US Air at the time. Oh well, my two only main choices are American and SW. Spirit does go out of ours, and Allegiant goes out of the mountains - that airport about an hour away too. Just have to go with the times of SW's few nonstops and book when first opens. Never as good as October or December so far, and while I didn't book August right away, fare prices have never been lower for FLL.

Official start to summer is days away now. Oh, and the start of the June birthdays. Youngest great niece is 1 today. Time really does fly. Or, in her case, fast crawls.

Jealous of NYC trips-DH has been a few times but I have never been.
Heat warning this afternoon-prep for Florida in August I guess.
Wish we had SW closer to us-3 hour drive now but can be worth it (very cheap for our august trip) and NS too. Allegiant is out of our lil airport-We don't mind flying into Sanford as we nearly always have a rental car anyway. And cheap flights to vegas and LAX (still hoping for a Disneyland trip next year).

This is soooo coool! Would totally do that! We went up in one (don't think it was Sears tower) that had a similar lookout, also trick shots that made it look like only a railing (no glass) was all that was holding you back-we sent a trick shot to my MiL of DH holding DD (back when oldest was 4) over the "railing". She about had a heart attack :rotfl:You would think she wouldn't trust DH at all by now with all the pranks he's pulled on her (but she is secretly disappointed when he does skip an April Fools day).

And I think my friend will be taking the lil roo-he is starting to grow the back claw/spur...so I don't think there is any doubt left.:sad:
Lunch break over. Went to trivia fundraiser last night (for Champion Athletes of the Ozarks). Realized I really don't have much trivia stored in my head but it was tons of fun.

Aww, sorry to hear little 'roo will be gone MonyK. But at least you know where he'll be, and I am sure he's going to a good home. Guess that means dice roll with 2 more chicks. :D
I wouldn't be good at a trivia game either. But fun at one is always good.

While the car saga is on hold, the home ac saga gets another chapter. When I spoke to them yesterday, I told them about the set up of the unit and how the electricity is on, but the switch on the outside wall is off. We did this so that I didn't have to be home for the repairman to stop by. They were supposed to be here between 2 and 3pm. At 3:30, I get a call from the company dispatcher. She tells me the repairman couldn't do anything because he had to get into my townhouse to get electricity to the unit. I told her again about the switch. She said it's too late now as the repairman waited a little while and then left when no one showed up. I said she could have called me when he was there, I could have been home in 20 minutes. Now, they can't come out until Tuesday morning. I am so over ALL of this.

Not a single NS makes no sense to me. Sure not going to connect in MDW or ATL and backtrack over my house.

Sitting in gym with GD, i am doing an Olaf...slowly melting. BLTs I'm making for late lunch keeping me going :)

Good weekend all. Big shout out to all the dads:)

Lol......I was amazed at the length of some of the indirect flights to MCO from JFK when I was looking at flights for us.......had no intention of doing indirect as we always fly direct......but jeez.........one was around 9 hours with a stop??? Almost as long as our flight from the UK!!! I'm liking this 3 hour flight time.........

Now decided to have BLT's for breakfast..........have huge tomatoes we bought from farmers market this morning so they'll be nice.........:)

Chuckers, sorry the saga continues.........

MonyK.......so funny with the prank on MiL........although heights freak me out so bad......I doubt I'd have laughed........lol.....but it is funny........

Having Friday night glass or two of wine.........white tonight......watching box set of Will and Grace......nothing else on to watch........few episodes a night is enough........so funny! My lovely husband thinks I'm a lot like Karen in many ways.........:confused3 :scratchin :laughing: yep.......I see it too...........I do like a nice handbag...........

Been there and stayed next to the elevator entire time

Took visiting friends there twice
Was ill the rest of my day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter