Something About Nothing ... #12

So nice to hear turtle was well taken care of. I always feel bad when I see one run over in the road.

Nice line of thunderstorms just passed over us. Big booms and some nice flashes, heavy downpours, but now quiet. Radar shows we are not done yet,

Though my ones don't usually read the DIS, both wanted Chinese tonight. So, full and are now chilling. Made it home and the storm hit less than 5 minutes later. Good thing the Chinese place was not crowded, and food was ready.

hiya homies!

hope everyone is staying as cool (and dry @Metro West ) as possible. YAY for @Chuckers! so happy you are getting your car back.

@macraven georgia has many awesome things. chinese food is not one of them.

i still want a BLT...HA. Was talking about the sandwhich but I also wouldn't mind an opening for a two bedroom july 4th or Thanksgiving week.

Had a great weekend. Took the girls to their first braves game on Friday. Fun! like @schumigirl, had a few cocktails on Saturday. Went out for Japanese / sushi for father's day.

@Lynne G yay for beach soccer! sounds like it will be way cooler. and..you are at the beach!

@Monykalyn lazy days are the best days! glad you had one this weekend.

@Robo56 awww! see, i would have had to google what turtle's eat.

@kohlby glad you all got to celebrate before the hubby left!

off to go read those posts that mac and schumi were referencing. now i am intrigued.

We are in our typical summer weather pattern...even though it's not officially summer yet...well coming in two days anyway. We just had a doozy of a storm at the office...but moved on out. I wonder how the crowds have been at VB with all this rain?
From what I've read, they're still often at capacity at some point - maybe late morning? But then people who couldn't get in before just wait until the summer storms come in and that has been helping out quite a bit. There is a strong recommendation to get to VB ASAP and use that early extra hour if staying onsite. It sounds like there's a huge difference in what you'll get done if you come early vs stroll in a couple hours later. Strolling on in at 3 pm is a gamble - on Saturday, we had thunder from 3-7pm so that wouldn't have been a good afternoon for VB if they got the same. Today had a 30 minute downpour at about 1:45 and then light rain on and off until about 5 pm - BUT, I only heard a couple rumbles of thunder during that entire time.

@kohlby yea. I was pretty excited about the opening of VB, but decided to wait. Really glad I did based on what I have been reading. We are so close we can afford to wait. As a Harry Potter fan we actually took a year or two hiatus when hogsmede opened! Those crowds were insane!

I was happy for uni but just a tad sad that everyone finally discovered the wonders of the Darkside.

Update! Canceled boulder ridge and booked offsite for July trip. Staying at reunion resort for first half then moving to shades of green. Made the final decision tonight to pass on pbh and uni this trip and go back in August/Sept instead. With the added expense of upgrading the girls tix to preferred for one day, it didn't make sense. Plus called guest services a few times and got different prices. Bless their hearts.

Hubby is relieved as he (and my mom) are already not huge fans of split stays. And this would have been another split. Lol.

Yup

Looks like Tom the man she loves dearly

Wait.......that's not Tom!!!

Lol.......he is quite white in the face.

Way back in 2009 we were in the lobby of RP and we were talking a little black lady who was leaving......she looked as us both and straight as a dye told us we were the whitest white folks she ever saw........lol.......we are quite pale skinned........in fact we go back home as white as we left......factor 50 suncream will do that.......

goND........glad you got trip sorted.......sounds nice. And yep......few cocktails and Japanese is a nice way to spend a day.........

Had busy day yesterday........glorious day again......spent a couple of hours volunteering at church play morning......kids are so noisy........::yes:: but it was fun.........then sat in the garden with a friend all afternoon.......she stayed for dinner as we grilled outside again........think she quite enjoyed being waited on hand and foot....she has 4 teen kids and never usually stops and yesterday was a rare free day........I'm teaching her how to chill out......:coffee:

Today is a little chilly though. Seafret is hanging around us like a thick mist.........heatwave is over I think.

Croissants and fruit for breakfast........won't be outside this morning........

th
yep, it's Tuesday. Time for tacos, or a Beer, or Wine, or well, a Taco. LOL

Yay! That line of thunderstorms left some branches down and wet roads, but is long gone. Traveling at 45mph, it was like a freight train sending lightning and thunder from the sky. But after about 45 minutes, the storms were gone. And today, lower humidity, and oh so bright sun. Very few clouds. A wonderful 87 degree day before the start of summer, early tomorrow morning.

It's funny, we say we're going down the shore this week-end, not to the beach. But I'm going to the beach in Florida. Ask anyone in the area, we call call the NJ beaches the shore. That covers all the southern NJ coastal communities, that are SE from most of my area. Hence, going down. Here's hoping we don't get a washout that we had last time we did this tournament.

That's funny how pale you are Schumi. Me too. When my DH and I spent 3 weeks in the Greek islands, we went back to the hotel in Athens we had spent a few nights at before taking the ferry. The hotel guy remembered us, and said to us, he's black and you are red. Yeah, I think that was the most tan I have been in my life. While I like the hot, sunny days, I use lots of suntan lotion and seek shade. Both my kids get dark like their dad, little one almost as dark as him. Sigh.

So, hope the homies that enjoy coffee are doing that now, those who enjoy tea are having that now, and those homies that drink something else now, drink up. It's Tuesday, and the last day of Spring.

Time for iced tea for me. Have a great day all!

Happy Tuesday to all! I have my car back! $700 later tho... Now I am working from home while I wait for the A/C guy to come check out the a/c unit that he should have checked out last Friday.

Yay.

Happy Tuesday to all! I have my car back! $700 later tho... Now I am working from home while I wait for the A/C guy to come check out the a/c unit that he should have checked out last Friday.

Yay.

I HAVE A/C AT HOME NOW!!!! The kitties and I are happy :)

(And it didn't cost a lot to get it fixed!)

DANG C!!! You should cancel that Orlando Trip...AND GO TO VEGAS!!!!

Double Yay! Good news Chuckers. Now the countdown post - right? The trip is ON?

Eek almost 180 days from when we'll be holiday bound.

Congrats to Chuckers for getting things back on track...hope it's all smooth sailing from now on :boat:

We had a ton of rain overnight...I emptied the dog's pool yesterday and it's filled up again. It's supposed to be raining here all week...the grass should be knee high by the time I can mow. Bugs are terrible since we had no cold weather to speak of...guess I'll invest in a case of bug repellent.

GoND...I always get different answers each time I call Universal but the good thing is if you don't get what you want...call again. Glad you figured out your plans...you should go back in September for HHN.

Lynne...have fun at the beach :beach: uhh shore.

Kohlby...I'm still debating on getting a 3 park ap, I know we will visit VB at least once... it depends on the answer I get about renewing my resident pass. When I talked to a phone rep a few months ago I was told that I could renew at the resident rate but I have heard reports of the discontinuation of the GA resident rate.

Carole...it sounds like you and Tom are thoroughly enjoying his retirement ...save a croissant for me :goodvibes

Time for another cup of coffee :coffee:
Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Double Yay! Good news Chuckers. Now the countdown post - right? The trip is ON?

Eek almost 180 days from when we'll be holiday bound.

The trip is definitely on! I need it badly! 7,084,800 seconds until UO!

Chuckers, glad you're all sorted out now...........

Congrats to Chuckers for getting things back on track...hope it's all smooth sailing from now on :boat:

We had a ton of rain overnight...I emptied the dog's pool yesterday and it's filled up again. It's supposed to be raining here all week...the grass should be knee high by the time I can mow. Bugs are terrible since we had no cold weather to speak of...guess I'll invest in a case of bug repellent.

GoND...I always get different answers each time I call Universal but the good thing is if you don't get what you want...call again. Glad you figured out your plans...you should go back in September for HHN.

Lynne...have fun at the beach :beach: uhh shore.

Kohlby...I'm still debating on getting a 3 park ap, I know we will visit VB at least once... it depends on the answer I get about renewing my resident pass. When I talked to a phone rep a few months ago I was told that I could renew at the resident rate but I have heard reports of the discontinuation of the GA resident rate.

Carole...it sounds like you and Tom are thoroughly enjoying his retirement ...save a croissant for me :goodvibes

Time for another cup of coffee :coffee:
Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Hey Vicki.........so you'll be glad of some rain then.........although when you get bad rain it really does get bad......I hate bugs too.........don't mind bees, but hate everything else......

Tom doesn't officially finish till 31st July.......But with vacation time he has he's going to take days here and there so he doesn't need to work a whole week from now till he finishes. Can't wait..........there were a few shocked people he was retiring so early and so quickly.......but, we just thought, if you can retire early, why not.........we are so looking forward to it........

Oh you can have a croissant anytime.......:D

Sun did come out finally today........but maybe rain tonight........

80 days till we fly to New York.........not that I'm counting..........:P

Good afternoon homies.
DW is getting better but still has a short episode in the morning and we had cancel our trip last week but did reschedule for this weekend and hopefully DW will be good enough to go but if not we will be canceling agian but she keeps telling me she wants to go but don't know if she can handle the crowds

KY,sorry to hear of DW, and hope she gets all better. To help battle the crowds, take crowd control measures. Early entry, off time eating, and the Darkside has many places to hide, people watch and relax in. I hope you have a relaxing time and do go this weekend.

Thanks Tink. We had around 4 inches of rain from the rain we had the last three days. Some large downpours each day. Yep, grass loves the soak and bake. It was lovely today, very warm, but blue skies.

GoND, sounds like a plan. Saving money on rooms is always good. Great places you chose too. Any time you visit two different parks, it gets expensive. At least with passes you can visit whenever you want. SOG is a nice resort, and so convenient to the
Poly and MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter