Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Thursday!!!

0 Months
3 weeks
24 Days
576 hours
34560 Minutes
2073600 Seconds

It's very hard to find a really good, plain, simple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Anywhere.

Made it home finally........:car:

8 hours drive, but roadworks were everywhere! But, don't feel too bad........sitting in the garden under some shade with feet up on lounger and a pitcher of sangria........we don't hang around :D........first thing we did when we got in (after putting washing machine on of course)

Gorgeous day here, so warm. Nice little cool breeze coming off the sea just to cool us down........

Need a catch up on here.........

Back up to Scotland next Friday for family celebration, looking forward to that one! Not sure what they have planned for the Saturday........

Hope everyone's good.........

Hooray....

Schumi is safely home now

But back in the road back to Scotland this week

Lol,.......thanks.......glad to be home again, love being away......I'll travel anywhere though......but nice to be home.......DS isn't due home till after 6 tonight, so haven't got a hug yet......

Welcome back Carole...sounds like you had a nice homecoming...sangria in the loungers. I may steal that idea this afternoon :scratchin

Good morning Lynne, mac, Robo and Chuckers :wave2:

It's a lazy morning for me...I was surprised that I slept so late ...it was 10:30 when I woke up so I'm still drinking my coffee :coffee:

Laundry and yard work are on the agenda today...it may or may not get done.

Countdown is getting closer now 26 days:cool1:

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

OOh to the countdowns. Yay! to Tink and Chuckers for the less than a month countdown. 9 days until a 42 bridge drive over other water and islands. So ready, and not so ready. Lucky I caught the rental at a low price, price is climbing back up again. Haven't checked the airfare, but last minute fares are rarely cheap from SW lately. And, even the hotel is more expensive then the lowest I got the other day. Guess 2 or so weeks out was the sweet spot for this trip.

Lazy day for me on Saturday, at least I hope so. Hah to wake up at 10:30 this morning. I was up at 4am Tink. Summer is a good time to be lazy. Hung the wash out this past weekend, and all but the jeans dried. But they were DH's, so I didn't care. LOL

Got tickets for the kids to see the ballgame next week. Stinky team, but hey, a day at the ball field is a good one.

Ah, nice you are back home relaxing Schumi. Of course you did laundry. Hope DS is home and you got your hugs. Yes, to chill in the breeze. It's so hot right now. Which is why we will have some significant downpours tomorrow, as to make a wet Friday. Oh well, enjoying see the sun all day today.

th
Eh, none of that white stuff, please.
th
better.

oh Mac, it is Thursday. Camel's gone for another week. Drink water. It's hot out. Bet those cats are enjoying the AC as much as you. All my dogs were not dumb. Each sat in front of a vent. Why I have a super duper filter on the heater. Well, the dog hair, and older one's allergies.

Okay, I knew I had slacked off when the first new post I read said "Good Morning. It's a Monday"...so, I had some catching up to do.

I hope all you short-timers have fun...when the time arrives.

Would love to be hanging out with all of you that are going to be at UOR in October, but high school football starts full bore tomorrow night...and doesn't let up until at least the middle of November...hopefully longer. It is going to be so odd not having our oldest playing any longer, because he graduated, but the youngest looks to be impressing the coaches and has started all of the scrimmages and jamboree games. He is getting playing time because the first stringer has been injured...he is back to start the regular season, but the youngest is looking at being a two year starter after this season...which is awesome. This is going to be a really difficult and odd year for the team...because of sports politics in this state, private schools are really being hit hard with regulations and rules they have to follow that make things a bit unfair...but life is not fair. They have been moved up in classification and will have to play all larger schools in their region...and their out of region games are going to be even harder...there are two divisions of private schools in TN, in our division, you cannot recruit or give student athletes any financial assistance...and in the other you can do both. 3 of our 4 non-region games are against schools in the second division. The fourth is against a school that is 2 classifications larger than we are. So, not gonna be the best record, but we should still make the playoffs.

Lynne, I cannot believe high school starts in 3 weeks, there...we are already at the end of our third week, here. College kicks off in a week and a half, so those are in-sync.

Mac, keep on trucking...er...walking! Hope you get stronger day by day.

Taking off tomorrow to get some sleep...after the football game, tomorrow night, we are driving to NC (about 5 hours) for my in-laws' 50th Anniversary celebration...then back home on Sunday morning.

Have a good finish to the week and a good weekend.

:wave2: Hi Wags. Yep, it's that end of summer coming fast. Both kids are done working their summer jobs tomorrow. And, since we live very close to the senior high, the band and football has started. Soccer too, but the week before Labor Day, all are not around, so coach gave little one's varsity soccer team off that week. First game is the Thursday after Labor Day. Which is why my kids will not be traveling to Uni until the holidays.

Congratulations to your in laws on their 50th anniversary. That's a good reason to travel to NC. Safe travels and eat cake. :)

Hey Keisha, where did the GD take ya today? Pool time hopefully. :crazy:

Hey Wags, that is so impressive about your son!
and this means no october vacations for you .....

do well in the play offs when they reach that point this year!

you will have a long day friday Wags.
sleep in and then the football game and then the drive to NC.

50 years celebration is wonderful.
and living 5 hours away from inlaws is nice too.......

never lived near any of the inlaws and that was a good thing......lol

Lynne, I was awake at 4 a.m. yesterday which is probably why I slept so late today...stupid coyotes decided to howl across the road ...I thought my dog was yelping so I got up and let her in. I don't like leaving her out when the coyotes are in the area even though shes in a fence, you never know what will happen. Oh the joys of living in the country :rolleyes1

Hi wags, good luck with the football game..I sure miss those days with Trey...so much fun and over too soon ...enjoy!

Last edited:
Lynne, I was awake at 4 a.m. yesterday which is probably why I slept so late today...stupid coyotes decided to howl across the road ...I thought my dog was yelping so I got up and let her in. I don't like leaving her out when the coyotes are in the area even though shes in a fence, you never know what will happen. Oh the joys of living in the country :rolleyes1

Hi wags, good luck with the football game..I sure miss those days with Trey...so much fun and over too soon ...enjoy!
want a rooster? Really need to find him a home. he has entered the bratty teen years and now wants to challenge everyone (at least until you face him and tell him No then he runs lol). Also-he has been crowing at 7 am, 8 am 815 am, 9 am etc.

want a rooster? Really need to find him a home. he has entered the bratty teen years and now wants to challenge everyone (at least until you face him and tell him No then he runs lol). Also-he has been crowing at 7 am, 8 am 815 am, 9 am etc.
I would take you up on that but I have a rooster phobia due to a childhood incident with my grandma's mean a$$ bird.

I didn't know Roosters had a built in snooze button. I'd take him, but he'd be an indoor pet and I don't think my cats would get along well with him.

Last edited:

That is quite the image of a rebellious teenage rooster ready to take on the world till you challenge him.......lol.....

I would take you up on that but I have a rooster phobia due to a childhood incident with my grandma's mean a$$ bird.

Now that's a story I'd love to hear! Sorry.........:blush:

Wag.......son sounds quite the guy........hope he does great!

Thought we were getting a storm earlier........skies blackened and a big breeze got up.......but, it headed out to sea and now it's just dull........but it's cooler........

Sat watching tv........quiet night ahead for sure, and early night........out with friend for the day tomorrow.......love catching up with her........

21 sleeps till we leave for overnight at Radisson.........:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter