Something About Nothing ... #12

Wagman67 good luck to your son and his team this season.

Tink hope the coyotes didn't keep you up last night.

Schumi glad to have you back home on the Sans.

Everyone's trip leaving time is getting closer :dogdance:

Happy Friday! A wahoo, it is a Friday. A very rainy one here. Rain started early, and it is still raining. Warm though, already 80 and will be 90 by the afternoon arrival of a line of severe thunderstorms.

Time for tea. Too rainy for any chicken noise, and I don't think my neighbor would take a rooster. Though Lil Roo may meet his match, as one of the chickens goes after the squirrels and bullies the other chickens.

Robo, I hope your coffee is tasty and you are feeling better. Good Morning.

Have a lovely Friday homies. Last day my kids are summer workers, and a beautiful weekend is on tap.

Later homies, carry on.

Yay Tea Time!!!

It's overcast and probably rainy here today, too. But I don't care because I just got paid and have a weekend off!

Also, I only have 23 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes and 32 seconds until vacation!!!

high-five-it39s-friday-meme-58477.jpg

Good Morning Lynne :wave2:. Coffee is good and feeling much better thank you. Sunny day here and warm start to the morning.

Chuckers a big panda high five back at you. Enjoy your weekend off.

Off to run some errands.

Good Morning Lynne :wave2:. Coffee is good and feeling much better thank you. Sunny day here and warm start to the morning.

Chuckers a big panda high five back at you. Enjoy your weekend off.

Off to run some errands.

Thank you @Robo56!

Send some sun up my way, if you can! :)

Thank God for the rain coming down in buckets today that woke me up, forgot to set the alarm duh

Last few days ridiculously hectic, that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it

Happy new mower tink.........glad Trey enjoys helping you so much......except for the weird bit.......I'd avoid that too I think.........

Robo, congrats on the GD choosing your old haunt........she'll do great! Oh, yes I was looking for a hat for the wedding.....ended up with a cute fascinator......I loved it! Now I need an excuse to wear it again soon.......I love hats......:D

Love watching my countdown change every year.........22 more sleeps till our overnight at airport hotel........so close!

Sat in quiet lounge in our hotel......had lovely dinner and now sitting beside a roaring fire........it may be summer but in the wilds of Scotland a roaring fire is always welcome.......

Back home tomorrow as a Friday I have a day out with one of my best friends........love days with her.

And going back home to order a new dishwasher.......DS told us ours has given up the ghost.......think we're supposed to be happy if appliances last 5 years now.

Hope everyone's good........

Did u bring back a highlander :)?

29 days for me. 3 until I can finally do FP for the one day I'm at Disney to see Pandora (I bought Avatar at HPB for $4 since I've never seen it. Will watch this weekend probably)

Curious what u think. Not a fan, of movie, franchise in general or the rides but good luck!

So we ate at Rose & Crown pub our last full day at Disney (Epcot-WS UK pavilion). Had bangers and mash, fish and chips, cottage pie and something called "bubble and squeak". Our server had to explain what that was-Disney version is with fresh food though-it was delicious!

Who is going to be in Orlando 10/7-10/11? may try to sneak over to Uni for a meet up if possible-need to check out Toothsome!

Just cancelled one of those ADRs booked solely for a place to watch Illluminations until it dawned on me we are staying @ BW & can easily snag spot near exit & walk back - yea!

Okay, I knew I had slacked off when the first new post I read said "Good Morning. It's a Monday"...so, I had some catching up to do.

I hope all you short-timers have fun...when the time arrives.

Would love to be hanging out with all of you that are going to be at UOR in October, but high school football starts full bore tomorrow night...and doesn't let up until at least the middle of November...hopefully longer. It is going to be so odd not having our oldest playing any longer, because he graduated, but the youngest looks to be impressing the coaches and has started all of the scrimmages and jamboree games. He is getting playing time because the first stringer has been injured...he is back to start the regular season, but the youngest is looking at being a two year starter after this season...which is awesome. This is going to be a really difficult and odd year for the team...because of sports politics in this state, private schools are really being hit hard with regulations and rules they have to follow that make things a bit unfair...but life is not fair. They have been moved up in classification and will have to play all larger schools in their region...and their out of region games are going to be even harder...there are two divisions of private schools in TN, in our division, you cannot recruit or give student athletes any financial assistance...and in the other you can do both. 3 of our 4 non-region games are against schools in the second division. The fourth is against a school that is 2 classifications larger than we are. So, not gonna be the best record, but we should still make the playoffs.

Lynne, I cannot believe high school starts in 3 weeks, there...we are already at the end of our third week, here. College kicks off in a week and a half, so those are in-sync.

Mac, keep on trucking...er...walking! Hope you get stronger day by day.

Taking off tomorrow to get some sleep...after the football game, tomorrow night, we are driving to NC (about 5 hours) for my in-laws' 50th Anniversary celebration...then back home on Sunday morning.

Have a good finish to the week and a good weekend.

My kids football coaches from pee-wee up to semi pro teams. Are you saying your son is a junior? Have him hit the weight room every opportunity, including off-season; tends to impress the coaches when the call is close. Good luck!

Going to guess you have a state agency issuing edicts. They are supposed to police the roster up front to make sure everyone on the up & up but here it's of the catch me if you can type of thing. Any discrepancies will pop up in the playoffs when everything is checked closely and games will be automatically forfeited by violators.

A huge controversy here. The rules are absolutely no recruiting and year sitting out if moving to district to 'play sports', but the parochial schools routinely give tuition assistance.

I see both sides of the issue, but it's mighty suspicious when a out of town 'ringer' pops up to live with some 2nd cousin, twice removed.

Luggage
I keep telling myself time to buy a new one

That has been in my list for two years

Want a hard case

Have a Mickey hard case but it is 24 or 25 inch and dies not hold enough

Want a 28 or 29 inch and only take that
Large purse will handle what I do not pack

Icky day for me
Won't be posting much today

Happy Friday!

Mac- Hope the ickies go away soon.

Lynne - Hope your rain clears up. I haven't had much rain here so send some my way. Just for today though. I don't have any more plans for today.

Chuckers - Loving your countdowns!

I went to Celebration yesterday to meet up with a friend from high school who was visiting her parents there. I had never ventured into Celebration before. I was not impressed. The pool was fine, but Celebration as a whole just seemed overcrowded to me. There was too much jammed in. It looks so nice in the pictures but it's hard to enjoy the nice when you're driving around with every one else. I got a good tour of it since I turned the wrong way when I left and ended up staying in Celebration quite a while longer trying to find my way out. Not much planned this weekend - thinking about trying Universal either tomorrow or Sunday morning. Daughter is so close to the 54" and wants to see if she can make it in the morning after just missing it in the evening. With Dragons closing soon, we don't have much time left for her to grow.

Luggage
I keep telling myself time to buy a new one

That has been in my list for two years

Want a hard case

Have a Mickey hard case but it is 24 or 25 inch and dies not hold enough

Want a 28 or 29 inch and only take that
Large purse will handle what I do not pack

Icky day for me
Won't be posting much today
Hope you get rid of the ickies soon!

Thanks kohlby and all homies!
Been having icky days but today just not with doing anything productive where i have to use my brain.
Cleaning i have been doing as it keeps me busy and no thinking to it.

I had to stop my maintenance meds past Tuesday as having more tests done at the hospital this next Tuesday.
Have to be medicine free for a week for accuracy on the next test.

trying to plan the surgery for that medical issue a week or later after my october vacation.

With Mr Mac out of town, i don't have a set schedule and not cooking.
go out to eat or do a drive thru.

i could get used to that type of dining.......lol

When Celebration first opened, peeps raved about it.
Have not heard anyone talk about it in the past several years.

i always had boys stuff paper napkins in the shoe to gain that 1/2 inch to do the coasters.

yea, i was one of those rule breakers.....

Maybe bring back some Highland toffee Janet.......gorgeous, but not for those with crowns and bridges.........lol........but as a kid we lived on the stuff........maybe that's why I have crowns!!!!

Kohlby shame you didn't like Celebration.........we love it. Never found it overly busy when we've gone........I could live there if it wasn't for those darn tourists.........:rotfl:We have some lovely pictures last few years we've gone.....place is almost deserted.

Mac, I have some pics of Celebration in last year's trip report........gorgeous place! Hope you're feeling better soon.......don't be doing any of that cleaning stuff.......not good for you.......:D

We thought about another set of luggage this year.......but, we bought two new suitcases last year, loaned one to a friend........and she's still in Saudi with it.......they haven't been back in the UK since........lol.......so we have one new and the old faithful..........I'll get it back one day..........

Had lovely day with my friend. She is just the nicest person in the whole world. 8 hours of just talking, laughing and having lunch of course.........

Glorious day too..........quiet weekend ahead I think...........certainly a quiet night with DH tonight.........

Oh and can you believe this..........Christmas cards in shops already, tubs of Christmas sweets (candies) in grocery stores..........now, I adore Christmas and friends call me Mrs Christmas........but.........even that's too early for me.........

My kids football coaches from pee-wee up to semi pro teams. Are you saying your son is a junior? Have him hit the weight room every opportunity, including off-season; tends to impress the coaches when the call is close. Good luck!

Going to guess you have a state agency issuing edicts. They are supposed to police the roster up front to make sure everyone on the up & up but here it's of the catch me if you can type of thing. Any discrepancies will pop up in the playoffs when everything is checked closely and games will be automatically forfeited by violators.

A huge controversy here. The rules are absolutely no recruiting and year sitting out if moving to district to 'play sports', but the parochial schools routinely give tuition assistance.

I see both sides of the issue, but it's mighty suspicious when a out of town 'ringer' pops up to live with some 2nd cousin, twice removed.

He is a sophomore and, this week, he was officially named the backup to the Offensive Right Guard and the Defensive Middle Linebacker. So, if he keeps it up, he should be the starter in is Junior and Senior years. Yeah, I get what you mean about all of the funny business within high school sports...we faced a team, in the third round of the playoffs, last year, that had three new kids that all had Alabama home addresses. They were all seniors and were allowed to play on a public Tennessee team (you can play on any private school team you choose, but you have to be zoned to a specific public school...and nobody out of state is zoned for a Tennessee school). We had beaten them the year before, in the same round, but got trounced this past year. That's about as extreme as I have seen the TSSAA turn a blind eye, but again, life is not fair, so we go on. On the other hand, we have a kid that enrolled in our school in 6th grade, and ended up repeating 6th grade...he is now a High School Freshman, and has been declared ineligible because he repeated. I had never heard of any rules that were retroactive long before a kid ever reached High School...oh, did I mention that Division I private schools really have no representation on the TSSAA board...supposedly, the Division II board members speak for all private schools. Heck, there were no private school board positions until, I think, 3 or 4 years ago. They are really trying to push all private schools into the same bucket with a bunch of new regulations, so I see a near future transition of private schools all leaving TSSAA and forming their own league.

Pseudo-football related...my boys' cousin, who is a senior at the same school, was name Homecoming Queen, this morning...so that's exciting.

Mac - U r hoeing a long road, need to get 'right':hug:. I love my travelpro crew 11 bag so much i went out and bought another one. I can push it fully loaded with a finger! It's all about the wheels. Had two new hard-sides, loved the look of them - delsey & samsonite. Both got cracked during first few trips. SWA paid for them without a grumble Sent me home with duffle bags & a check. Was told it's very common occurrence with the hardsides.

Celebration is many people's idea of utopia. It is very pretty & quaint by design. I do get what they were going for, it looks like many of the well-kept suburban communities in my area. I just can't shake the uneasy feeling i get there, as in it's 'too perfect' and i might be asked to leave, shifty sort I am lol.

Will say it's my understanding it's a buyer's market there now, so many foreclosures and upside mortgages.

He is a sophomore and, this week, he was officially named the backup to the Offensive Right Guard and the Defensive Middle Linebacker. So, if he keeps it up, he should be the starter in is Junior and Senior years. Yeah, I get what you mean about all of the funny business within high school sports...we faced a team, in the third round of the playoffs, last year, that had three new kids that all had Alabama home addresses. They were all seniors and were allowed to play on a public Tennessee team (you can play on any private school team you choose, but you have to be zoned to a specific public school...and nobody out of state is zoned for a Tennessee school). We had beaten them the year before, in the same round, but got trounced this past year. That's about as extreme as I have seen the TSSAA turn a blind eye, but again, life is not fair, so we go on. On the other hand, we have a kid that enrolled in our school in 6th grade, and ended up repeating 6th grade...he is now a High School Freshman, and has been declared ineligible because he repeated. I had never heard of any rules that were retroactive long before a kid ever reached High School...oh, did I mention that Division I private schools really have no representation on the TSSAA board...supposedly, the Division II board members speak for all private schools. Heck, there were no private school board positions until, I think, 3 or 4 years ago. They are really trying to push all private schools into the same bucket with a bunch of new regulations, so I see a near future transition of private schools all leaving TSSAA and forming their own league.

Pseudo-football related...my boys' cousin, who is a senior at the same school, was name Homecoming Queen, this morning...so that's exciting.

Love it! So is there a King too?

Football is King in Western PA. Even the poverty stricken schools my kids have coached have amazing booster club programs that provide participants with several full outfits of team logo' gear, winter coats, shoes, etc. . All that swag is a nice carrot for those boys on the fence. Individual Steeler players adopt teams in the inner city and treat them to meals/movies & inspiration/encouragement. My son has his team at Steelers training camp today, will take them out to dinner afterwards. I am firmly convinced it keeps many at-risk children engaged in school.

Here they have to be passing 4 full-time classes in order to play, determined each Friday. Often an opportunity for backups to play. You can play 6 seasons from 7th grade going forward. However, eligibility extends only until you have reached the end of your fourth consecutive year (8th consecutive semester or the equivalent) beyond the eighth grade. If you repeat a grade after eighth, you will be ineligible as a senior.

Who writes these rules lol?

don't know keisha.
i prefer hands free.

have the lanyard for pass, hotel and cc.
stick my phone in my bra and i'm good for the parks.

Yeah football is big in the east too Keisha. Older one never played, only soccer. But back to school means pep rally on Fridays at the senior high.

Quite a bit of lightning with this pocket of thunderstorm that dropped the temperature 20 degrees. Some flooding, but not as much rain as we have seen with other downpours.

Mac, hope the icky is gone today. Hope they figure out what to help you when new tests are run.

I use a bum bag and lanyard. I don't mind the bag check. And, mine is small.

Nice you had a lovely visit with your friend Schumi. Yeah, all summer stuff is gone, fall and Halloween stuff is front and center.

Kohlby, hope your DD does get a chance to ride the big coasters. It was one of the reasons we waited to go to Uni, as little one took forever to be 54 inches.

Little one is antsy as has not seen her school schedule yet. I assume it will be posted in the next week. Eek, it is back to school soon. I actually enjoy the school year routine. The summer is a welcome change though.

News night, and calm now that the storm is heading out to sea. Have a nice Friday night homies.

don't know keisha.
i prefer hands free.

have the lanyard for pass, hotel and cc.
stick my phone in my bra and i'm good for the parks.

Gives new meaning to going commando:P

In all seriousness when you have a bad back & are lugging around nearly 50 pds, you want a lightweight bag with wheels sensitive enough to move itself via mind control:hippie:

Lynne - I've been picking up the random halloween decoration over last few weeks:rolleyes1

Check out Big Lots if you have that store near you

A friend told me she got fantastic and unique Halloween stuff to put up inside her house

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter