Something About Nothing ... #12

Try OTC melatonin

I use the 10 mg dissolving
strawberry ones

It helps me

It comes in dosage of 3, 5, 10

I'm up to 15 mg at night when I take it

Would it be weird if I sit out on Halloween and skip the candy things and just drink? Asking for a friend.

Now you are our kind of gal!!! That’s how we’ll be spending Halloween...........:D

Actually, I was talking about where I live. I'm in Southern California, about 1 hour south east of Disneyland. We are having those late October heat waves we always get. Right now it's 7:30pm and 80 out. We will be in Orlando first week of December and last time we had amazing weather. Hoping we get mild weather again. Not too hot, not too cold but just right.

Now that sounds lovely where you live.......I could get used to that.........and we’re hoping for warm weather beginning of December too this year with our trip too........fingers crossed........I’ve bought a hoodie though just in case.........

My type of people!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

It’s Wednesday..........

Going grocery shopping today as tomorrow morning I’m in hospital for little procedure........will be in and out quickly I hope.......maybe home for lunch??? So better get shopping over and done with today.......

Then back to my usual Wednesday night out with friend........caught up on Sunday for coffee and cake, but we do like our Wed night........

Off for breakfast........DH is making pancakes and I’ll do the bacon.......and big mug of tea..........

Have a great day..........

Yum, breakfast and a mug of tea. Yes, please. I have tea, but nothing as nice as what Schumi ate.

Good Morning homies. Not having a fun day, so far. Computer is not being nice.

But, it's hump day, and == see Camel from Schumi. Reminder for Keisha, though:

th
Yep, time for pumpkins and candy.

May do Boo at the Zoo if little one humors me. The hand outs over the years have quite diminished, but it's still fun to see the costumes. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, fall temperatures this weekend. Sniff, sniff, not today though. Had to scrape frost off my windows. And below 40 night. It's a balmy 47 now. Full sun. Hello HIgh, chasing all the clouds away. Couldn't find my sunglasses, so took one of little one's. They are much too large for my face, but they do shade my eyes fine. Fashionista. Yes, that me. Not. Little one, yeah.

MonyK, we'll be at FQ 21 to 28, so if you'd like to say hi somewhere in the World, give me a call or text. I can PM you my phone number, if you don't already have it.

Oooh. Time for tea. No mug, but at least a large cup. I was hugging it to keep my hands warm.

Later homies.

I should not read the boards in the morning... you guys make me hungry!

Did you know that if you convert 6998400 as a Unix time stamp it comes back with: Monday 23rd March 1970 12:00:00 AM
This information has absolutely nothing to do with me other than the fact that I have 6998400 seconds until my vacation. Oh, wait, I was 4 years old at that time...

Morning everyone :wave2:. Think I’am suffering from the after vacation blahs.

Charade67 hope you got some shut eye. I’am with Mac the melatonin it is a good option if needed.

Schumigirl...sending good healing thoughts and prayers your way for tomorrow that all goes smoothly with your procedure :hug:

Mac hope you you are recovering from vacation.....we did a lot of walking.....you did so well, but I know you paid for it. Hope with rest and ice the knee and foot are ok :hug:

Little sis asked me while we were at Universal if I had had my engagement ring looked at lately as she was at home when her diamond fell out and she was able to find it and have it reset.

So went to jeweler yesterday and he showed me how easily mine would have fallen out to. I was almost in tears. My ring is over 30 years old and would have been irreplaceable. Have an appointment to go back today and choose another setting as prongs on the one I have cannot be repaired.

Will call little sis and thank her for sure.

Will buy candy for Halloween next week. I always have the family over for a Halloween party on Halloween and the grandchildren give out the candy. I always give out the full-size candy bars to the Trick or Treaters. The amount of children we get varies every year.

A couple of years ago I was home in Florida at Halloween and there was still construction going on in our gated community. One of the construction workers left the gate open somehow and people were bringing busloads of Trick or Treater’s. I think I gave away about 200 candy bars. Was lucky to have that much candy on hand as we were going to a party at club house and had all the extra candy for that too.

I love seeing the littles in their costumes.

Off to doc appointment and then jewelry store.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday

I always give out the full-size candy bars to the Trick or Treaters. The amount of children we get varies every year.

Full size candy bars? I'm coming to your house!!!

OOH, I always give out full size bars too. Though, now there are some very little ones on the block, so picked up a bag of pops too. Older one usually sits outside, little one has gone out with her friends the last couple of years. Not sure if she's going out or joining older one.

Robo, that's scary about your ring. I have mine looked at every couple of years, and have it cleaned too. At 28 years old, and banging against 2 other rings for 21 years, the prongs have shown wear. Last time, a few months ago, jeweler that set the stone told me prongs are fine, just years from now, may have to replace. Not getting a new ring though. Love it. Also have him check my eternity ring, as he made that for me, and I am always worried about the stones in there too. So, it also get the once over and cleaned with the engagement ring.

Yep Mac, bacon is good for every meal. I'd call that lunch.

Charade, I hope you do get a good night sleep soon. I don't drink, but sometimes I take a glass of wine before bed. Seems to help me.

TinyD - great set up of Halloween at home. Glad to see you post.

Up to 60 degrees. Yep, sun in full force, but does not feel warm. At least there's nary a breeze.

With that, time for tea, and hopefully a sneeze. Lunch is over, and I could use a nap.

th

Little sis asked me while we were at Universal if I had had my engagement ring looked at lately as she was at home when her diamond fell out and she was able to find it and have it reset.

So went to jeweler yesterday and he showed me how easily mine would have fallen out to. I was almost in tears. My ring is over 30 years old and would have been irreplaceable. Have an appointment to go back today and choose another setting as prongs on the one I have cannot be repaired.

Will buy candy for Halloween next week. I always have the family over for a Halloween party on Halloween and the grandchildren give out the candy. I always give out the full-size candy bars to the Trick or Treaters. The amount of children we get varies every year.

A couple of years ago I was home in Florida at Halloween and there was still construction going on in our gated community. One of the construction workers left the gate open somehow and people were bringing busloads of Trick or Treater’s. I think I gave away about 200 candy bars. Was lucky to have that much candy on hand as we were going to a party at club house and had all the extra candy for that too.

To all those giving our full sized candy bars

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

On the Jewelry note:
I am going through this same thing with the ring from my mom. I was in the car riding home with Micah one day and was staring at it... noticed two of the prongs looked worn down. Got to really looking at it and two of the prongs were completely gone in too and the other two were smashed. The ones on the sides on the tiny stones didn't look so great either. I gave it up and I think my mom and sister are getting it fixed for Christmas. I'm pretty sure they're going to have to replace the whole head. Got it when I was 16 so only 11 years and that much damage Idk if it's silver or 10k. Either way I'm glad micah got me Platinum because apparently I'm super hard on my jewelry.

Was reading something the other day about ring care and insurance. It noted that you should have your ring inspected by a jewler at least every 10 years. Never even thought about it!

Tinyd.....LOL....on the Halloween cartoons...:rotfl2:

Chuckers the reaper might come after you for giving out minion paper towel sheets to the kiddies. Have some full size candy bars just in case.

Lesson learned on the ring.

Tinyd love the decorations. Is that the radio from Home Depot? Little Sis bought that one, it is so cool.

I should not read the boards in the morning... you guys make me hungry!

Did you know that if you convert 6998400 as a Unix time stamp it comes back with: Monday 23rd March 1970 12:00:00 AM
This information has absolutely nothing to do with me other than the fact that I have 6998400 seconds until my vacation. Oh, wait, I was 4 years old at that time...

Was just shy of turning three...good to see you have continued the creative countdown...digging it (see, I can go 1970 right back at you).

This year I think I'll just give out sheets of paper towels with Minions on them.. kids love Minions!

0037000943850_CF_default_default_large.jpeg
I discovered the napkins at Target on sale and they're definitely my favorite. They're so soft! Softer than non minion ones therefore better than non minion ones.

Tinyd.....LOL....on the Halloween cartoons...:rotfl2:

Chuckers the reaper might come after you for giving out minion paper towel sheets to the kiddies. Have some full size candy bars just in case.

Lesson learned on the ring.

Tinyd love the decorations. Is that the radio from Home Depot? Little Sis bought that one, it is so cool.
Nope target. But I think I remember seeingone similarr at Lowes (spelt that Loews... can I go back to universal?) so there were probably a lot of places that sold them. I love it. I try to buy one thing each year. I have my eye on the projector at target this year..... (ONLY ONE BIG THING IT'S SO HARD!)

Schumi-will be thinking about you for the hospital trip tomorrow

Pancakes and bacon
Can you pour extra syrup on mine?

Thanks! Oh always extra syrup in our home.........lol.......

Yum, breakfast and a mug of tea. Yes, please. I have tea, but nothing as nice as what Schumi ate.

Good Morning homies. Not having a fun day, so far. Computer is not being nice.

But, it's hump day, and == see Camel from Schumi. Reminder for Keisha, though:

th
Yep, time for pumpkins and candy.

May do Boo at the Zoo if little one humors me. The hand outs over the years have quite diminished, but it's still fun to see the costumes. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, fall temperatures this weekend. Sniff, sniff, not today though. Had to scrape frost off my windows. And below 40 night. It's a balmy 47 now. Full sun. Hello HIgh, chasing all the clouds away. Couldn't find my sunglasses, so took one of little one's. They are much too large for my face, but they do shade my eyes fine. Fashionista. Yes, that me. Not. Little one, yeah.

MonyK, we'll be at FQ 21 to 28, so if you'd like to say hi somewhere in the World, give me a call or text. I can PM you my phone number, if you don't already have it.

Oooh. Time for tea. No mug, but at least a large cup. I was hugging it to keep my hands warm.

Later homies.

We had a little frost this morning too.......seems earlier this year...... I don’t mind frost as long as it’s sunny too......very pretty weather.......definitely getting much cooler here too.......

Nope...not at all. If I drank I would too but just sitting outside on a nice evening can be very enjoyable.

We love sitting outside in the gardens.........although we usually have a glass of wine with us, you know us.........:D

Charade67 hope you got some shut eye. I’am with Mac the melatonin it is a good option if needed.

Schumigirl...sending good healing thoughts and prayers your way for tomorrow that all goes smoothly with your procedure :hug:

Mac hope you you are recovering from vacation.....we did a lot of walking.....you did so well, but I know you paid for it. Hope with rest and ice the knee and foot are ok :hug:

Off to doc appointment and then jewelry store.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday

Thanks Robo........nice job with the ring being saved. They are so precious aren’t they........

This year I think I'll just give out sheets of paper towels with Minions on them.. kids love Minions!

0037000943850_CF_default_default_large.jpeg

I always have those in for my friends little granddaughter........those and Minion band aids.......she is obsessed!

Very autumnal feel tonight.........chilly outside..........had nice meal with friend and now home to watch The Apprentice........best that’s on I’m afraid........but addictive..........

Glass of wine time..........:D

Well, I managed to get a little more sleep last night despite being up late making fudge.

Yesterday I got an email from my daughter’s pre-calculus teacher. He is the faculty advisor for the National Honor Society and was wondering if my daughter planned to return her application. This was the first i heard about it. I looked over the application and told him she probably wouldn’t apply since she really didn’t have the leadership or service hours they requested. He encouraged me to have her submit it anyway and said there was a good chance she could be accepted without much leadership or service. I asked if she could use her Girl Scout Silver Award even though it was completed the summer before her freshman year, and he said yes. So now she is filling out the application and will turn it in tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Macraven - Several people have recommended melatonin to me. I think I will check it out. We love Waffle House. I almost always get the hash browns - scattered and smothered. Yum!

Schumi - Definitely bring a hoodie. We made the mistake of not bringing jackets the first time we went to Disney in December. We ended up buying Disney hoodies to wear in the morning. Hope the procedure went well. My mother is 3 time cancer survivor, so I got to start getting certain procedures earlier than most people. Lucky me.

Lynne -We had frost this morning too. I really wish we had a 2 car garage. Hubby gets the garage because his car is new.

Robo - I am now thinking I should have my ring looked at too. I can’t remember when the last time it was checked. The diamond in my ring came from my husband’s grandmother’s ring, so it’s irreplaceable too.

Tiny dancer - Nice decorations. We never decorate for Halloween, but my next door neighbors have a small cemetery in their yard complete with hands and heads coming out of the ground. Love those cartoons.

When I was little one of my neighbors took a liking to me. One Halloween she asked me what my costume would be. I told her and when I got to her house she had full size Hershey bars for me and my best friend. That was probably 40 years ago and I still smile when I think about it.

Time for supper and then I have to take daughter to dance class. I hate the late night classes. She has tap from 8:30-9:15.

Charade some nights melatonin works for me and there are times when it hasn't

I've been using it for about ten years off and on so take the higher dosage

Start at the lower dose

If I don't use it regularly, then it knocks me out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter