Something About Nothing ... #12

Wahoo...tomorrow is Friday!! Sort of.

I am off work the next 6 Fridays in a row...well, the next 5 and then the whole week of Thanksgiving. In one of those weird 'too many hours...gotta use them or lose them (or rather they get cashed in at 75%)'.

So, again, tomorrow is Friday!!!

Jr hauled himself to ER yesterday am since i was in dental chair for part 1 of crown replacement. One of the areas top ones, trauma center but walkable for him from apartment. Oddest diagnosis to effect that he had flu (Since gone) but not bacterial virus. Scratching head as that would've been the world's shortest 4 day flu. Did give treatments in the ER & handful of Rx. He came home for mom's chicken soup, stayed over. Too sick still to eat bacon this am but did eat some more soup &. I sent the rest with him.

Mythroat feels like ground meat but figure I got off easy

th
RPR in October 2018. Check.

Good Morning Homies:
th
Yep, 1 of 7 days of a week in your life.

Eek, Charade. I hope you got some sleep. Insomnia isn't good. Love the shirt purchases by you and DH. Sounds like you are getting excited about your trip.

Mac, hope you are feeling better.

Marcie - great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Schumi - hope the weather is not too bad today.

Very dark and wet morning for us. But, with a Canadian high weather system starting to push the wet Southern low weather system out to sea, we are ready to see the sun and blue sky again by this afternoon. Yep, and barely 60 today. No matter, since it is still October, nice days will come again, and we will be in the 70's by Wednesday.

With that, I need a XXL cup of tea. Cool inside. Later homies.

You early bird you! :). I need to double check the RIP tour with Mac. Going to put in for week of September 30th.

Was going to tack on a cruise to Cuba to October, but the political climate is too tenuous and last 2 years have had heavy storm activity. Thinking of doing just one week & another in December again to finish out the year.

Have DH's vacation form on my desk & already have received a reminder email. Hurry, hurry, but won't know approval dates till spring.

I said the same thing to my husband, if I`d watched it when I was a kid I`d have loved it........yes, couldn't wait for it to end.........I do like Tim Curry though.......he was excellent as an evil serial killer in Criminal Minds few years back.......but I do love him in Home Alone 2........

Weird day today.........we haven't been hit by Ophelia, and where were are down the East Coast it will probably miss us.......but strange orange glow through thick fog this morning.....thought it was just us beside the sea, but drove inland and it was the same there.......very weird feel about the day.......it`s unbelievably still too.......not cold.....58f. Very odd feel in the air though........

My mum and family will get hit though tonight I think........hope it blows out by then......

Glad all well for you. Thought it was a practical joke to hear of the hurricane heading to Ireland, kept waiting for a punchline! Awful, would think their emergency teams aren't exactly
Prepped for that.

Morning everyone :wave2:

It’s only 2 weeks till Halloween.

View attachment 277565

View attachment 277564

Had my severed hand lamp in kitchen.....LOL...hubby said it was to creepy for him so moved it back to formal living room.
View attachment 277569

Lynne love the taco cat.

Chuckers your vaca will be here before you know it.

For some reason I'm thinking of the Xmas leg lamp & Nightmare before Xmas :)

I got sick of being schooled by parents on giving out chocolate over the past few years. Have been asked if my treats were nut or gluten free. Um...how would i know, read the label people. No offense but it's not up to the giver to police the treats other children can eat!

I now give individual bags of halloween pretzels & ask if a snack size of candy is ok to chase it down. Used to be a few old timers in area that gave out quarters.

No offense but I think it's bizarre to expect others to cater to gluten, sugar, allergies etc. when it comes to halloween.

We get anywhere between 150 to 300 kids, depending on the weather (sometimes it's snowing here lol). Most tell me they make their parents bring them to our street just to see our decorations. Nice to hear but looks like word is getting out as the visitors have increased every year. Always worried I'll run out of goodies.

Morning everyone :wave2:. Think I’am suffering from the after vacation blahs.

Charade67 hope you got some shut eye. I’am with Mac the melatonin it is a good option if needed.

Schumigirl...sending good healing thoughts and prayers your way for tomorrow that all goes smoothly with your procedure :hug:

Mac hope you you are recovering from vacation.....we did a lot of walking.....you did so well, but I know you paid for it. Hope with rest and ice the knee and foot are ok :hug:

Little sis asked me while we were at Universal if I had had my engagement ring looked at lately as she was at home when her diamond fell out and she was able to find it and have it reset.

So went to jeweler yesterday and he showed me how easily mine would have fallen out to. I was almost in tears. My ring is over 30 years old and would have been irreplaceable. Have an appointment to go back today and choose another setting as prongs on the one I have cannot be repaired.

Will call little sis and thank her for sure.

Will buy candy for Halloween next week. I always have the family over for a Halloween party on Halloween and the grandchildren give out the candy. I always give out the full-size candy bars to the Trick or Treaters. The amount of children we get varies every year.

A couple of years ago I was home in Florida at Halloween and there was still construction going on in our gated community. One of the construction workers left the gate open somehow and people were bringing busloads of Trick or Treater’s. I think I gave away about 200 candy bars. Was lucky to have that much candy on hand as we were going to a party at club house and had all the extra candy for that too.

I love seeing the littles in their costumes.

Off to doc appointment and then jewelry store.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday

Oh my goodness, I'd be heartbroken if my stone fell out. Glad u checked it.

Last edited:
Janet week of September 30
is what I am planning on also

Tour would be October 5 a Friday

Hope your boy feels better real soon!

How frequent should stone settings be checked?

I had my ring redone 3 years back
Do I need the settings rechecked yet?

I can ask my son about that when he is awake
He has it

Think a few if the homies has Netflix

Have you contacted them?

Obviously I did not take a melatonin tonight as it is 2:33 am

Eeek, Mac I hope you got some good sleep in soon after posting.

Charade, I hope you had a better night too.

We have Netflix, but I'll have to ask the kids. Not good your account got hacked, Charade.

Good Morning. A nice fall Thursday it is. Light frost on the windows, but will be a lovely 78 afternoon.

th
th

So, drink up, it's Thursday, and throw back a beverage or two.

Have a great one.

And woot! Private RIP slated for October 5, 2018.

I discovered the napkins at Target on sale and they're definitely my favorite. They're so soft! Softer than non minion ones therefore better than non minion ones.

I'm not going to give plain napkins to the kiddies on Halloween! My place would be egged! They have to have Minions on them! :)

I always have those in for my friends little granddaughter........those and Minion band aids.......she is obsessed!

Oooo.. Minion band aids! I can give those to the kiddies with really good costumes!!! Thanks for the idea Schumi!!!

Good Morning All!

1920 - Interesting facts
  • Thousands of onlookers watch as "The Human Fly" George Polley, climbs the New York Woolworth Building. He reached the 30th floor when a policeman arrested him for climbing without a permit
  • The League of Women Voters is founded in Chicago
  • The U.S. Post Office rules that children may not be sent via parcel post. (WHAT??? Who would do this in the first place??? Did you just stick a stamp on the kid's forehead?)
  • The National Football League is founded.
  • 19th Amendment to US Constitution is passed, guaranteeing women's suffrage. (Which sounds like we passed a law to make women suffer...)
  • First domestic radio sets come to stores in USA – Westinghouse radio costs $10.
  • 1920 World Series - Cleveland Indians over Brooklyn Robins (5-2)

• and most important: The number of hours until I FINALLY get my vacation!!!
1920flagmain.jpg

@schumigirl Everything go okay with your procedure? If there's any recovery involved, we all know that you have excellent care and that Tom and Kyle are catering to your every whim and need.

17 days, homies. 17 days and this family will be in the vacation bubble. School and grades and other such responsible nonsense can take the backseat. We've decided to pull Corey out of school early on 11/17 and knock out over 1/2 of the drive down. By midday on the 18th, I'll be taunting you with pictures at the HRH pool.....not that I would do that to you or anything. :lmao:

Here’s an article I found about the Netflix hack. http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-account-hacked-fix-it-2016-12

Whoever hacked my account created a new profile, watched movies and shows under all of my family’s profiles, and changed our plan to a more expensive one.
That really sucks...what is Netflix going to do for you? I had a month free trial when I purchased my new TV but only watched it once...so I cancelled. Might try Hulu since the cable rates are out of control!

17 days, homies. 17 days and this family will be in the vacation bubble. School and grades and other such responsible nonsense can take the backseat. We've decided to pull Corey out of school early on 11/17 and knock out over 1/2 of the drive down. By midday on the 18th, I'll be taunting you with pictures at the HRH pool.....not that I would do that to you or anything. :lmao:

Kinda jealous of you! I still have 80 days! But when I go, everyone home will be freezing and I'll be in the warm Florida sun!

I did good lynne
About four solid hours of sleep

Today starts wagman's perfect schedule
His Thursday's are really Friday now

Chuckers i have been in the Orlando parks during parts of January where it was in the 30-40's

Three January years ago, it was minus 13 temp when I left Milwaukee airport for Orlando
Windchill was at -19 that morning I drove to the airport

Orlando was cold, like in
39 the first few days there
And it rained first night there

Went to the park dressed in layers for 3 of the days
But it warmed up day 4 when we were there to 70's

So take gloves and a hat when you go

I did good lynne
About four solid hours of sleep

Today starts wagman's perfect schedule
His Thursday's are really Friday now

Chuckers i have been in the Orlando parks during parts of January where it was in the 30-40's

Three January years ago, it was minus 13 temp when I left Milwaukee airport for Orlando
Windchill was at -19 that morning I drove to the airport

Orlando was cold, like in
39 the first few days there
And it rained first night there

Went to the park dressed in layers for 3 of the days
But it warmed up day 4 when we were there to 70's

So take gloves and a hat when you go

Don't harsh my buzz!!!! :)

Good morning :coffee:

Yay for Fridays off wags..lately my weekend is Thursday and Friday thanks to our new work schedule. I still have 6 days off to take before January 31...just wish I had the budget to go away but a staycation sounds good too.

Hope Carole is doing well after her procedure.

Feel better Janet :goodvibes

Love the countdown Chuckers...it can be cool in early January. We wore shorts during the day and jackets at night but it's still warmer than home.

Time for me to find something for breakfast before it's lunchtime...scrambeled eggs sound good.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Good morning :coffee:

Yay for Fridays off wags..lately my weekend is Thursday and Friday thanks to our new work schedule. I still have 6 days off to take before January 31...just wish I had the budget to go away but a staycation sounds good too.

Hope Carole is doing well after her procedure.

Feel better Janet :goodvibes

Love the countdown Chuckers...it can be cool in early January. We wore shorts during the day and jackets at night but it's still warmer than home.

Time for me to find something for breakfast before it's lunchtime...scrambeled eggs sound good.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

I don't mind Jackets/long sleeves at night. I just want sun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!